Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wednesday DECLUTTERING!

Quick check in .....

About 15 minutes ago all of our company left. We had a great time, but the boys and I all got too much sun
    Angela -- we TRY to be generous with our pool People like to swim, and we're blessed to be able to have it, so we try to have people come swim.

Needless to say, I failed to plan for supper So I've just ordered burgers from a local place

Heather -- That's CRAZY about housing. Interesting how that's not how it works here (or in GA, either) -- at least at state schools. Maybe that's the difference?

Joelle -- SO SAD about the 3 year old

Angela -- I did not realize you went to ODU. When were you there? The Navy sent Jim to school there from 2000-03ish, and we lived in a historic district just a couple of miles from campus (Colonial Place).

Jen -- sounds like a fun get together for your ds

Michelle -- glad you've been able to enjoy your porch!

Cindy for finishing. Hurray!!!!
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

Paige- It's possible it's state vs private school, but where the FAFSA is concerned it is up to the school itself. They don't need to follow the guidelines. Additionally, aid is based on need and once the need goes down (you remove housing costs) your aid goes down as well. Cornell is not entirely a private school. It's also New York's land grant university. I think it's the only Ivy League school that's also a land grant. As such, there is an ag side of the school and a public side to the university. Rebecca's college is on the statutory side so the tuition is less than the endowed side. Not only is tuition different, but staff and faculty have different benefits. Dan works for the engineering school which is on the endowed side.

Funny because Ethan is going to Purdue which is Indiana's land grant. Dan went to Virginia Tech which is Virginia's land grant school. We aren't ag folks, but we like our land grant universities!

Jen- that's a late party!

Update:
    • picked up dh
    • watched Jeopardy- which had a teacher from our county (Dan records episodes so this was a little behind)
    • made dinner
    • KP duty was done
    • worked on weekend plans in my bujo
    • addressed the graduation announcements- still need to stamp them
    • folded four loads of laundry- and put it away
    • conferenced with Dan on birthday/weekend plans- big decision on how to handle gift giving
    • blog work- attempted a group post, but was too late to get in with our wifi being out for a while this evening

And now, I was on Facebook doing blog stuff and noticed my mom on FB commenting on stuff! I'm messaging with her right now My mom was online all the time before my dad got sick and was in various communities like we are here and just dropped out while taking care of my dad. When I spoke with her a few days ago I asked if she would get back on the FB wagon and she said maybe but she had other stuff to do. So, when I saw her, I made sure to say hello. Bittersweet because I also see the last note to my dad. So, it's an account in my dad's name with his picture and it was always my mom commenting, etc until my dad got sick and then it was 100% my dad. The "voice" changed. Now we are back to my mom. The tone will change again. A tech was helping her to get email and she ended up with Facebook. Not sure what she's using to access the world. Last I heard, she could not get in to my dad's iPad.

Ok...she's signed off and now I need to get my ducks in a row for tomorrow. There's a lot going on and it's Isaac's big day too.

Have a great night!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Cindy -- way to go!

Paige -- you are a such a sweet person. Always hosting or fixing food for others and opening your pool to others

Heather -- spicy pork sounds good

Joelle -- cool helping connect people. So very sad about 3yr old

Jen -- party sounds fun!

Angela -- hope your day improved

I didn't do any of the outside jobs. Really should have. But did get house looking decent.

- - - Updated - - -

Heather -- glad you got to "talk" with your mom
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 20yo ds, 17yo ds

Ch1- today I had ds14 make guacamole for dinner. We needed to eat before his soccer game and I was busy prepping BLT's, so he was my little sous chef. Tomorrow I hope to bake something, maybe rice crispy bars and a dessert with rhubarb?
    Ch2- we are sort of in summer mode. We are pretty done with ds18, but having ds14 work on grammar/language arts and spelling over the summer.

Today we all overslept and now I am up late trying to catch up on emails, etc. After getting ds18 ready and stretching him, we ate breakfast. We took the boys to buy flowers, herbs and vegetable plants for the container gardens. I ended up riding my bike there for some exercise. I helped ds18 with some of his thank you cards, made lunch, prepped some books to sell, did ds18's afternoon stretches, made dinner, cleaned up and went to ds14's soccer game- they won! Ds14 also had a couple friends from the neighborhood over this afternoon. I am about ready to take a shower and get to bed. Tomorrow I need to take ds14 shopping for shoes and I would like us all to get our plants in the dirt .
    Start by doing what is necessary, then do what is possible , and suddenly you are doing the impossible. St. Francis of Assisi
    Phrase 2014: Engage, Embrace, Enjoy

Heather- I hope things work out for R's party this weekend! Praying for it all to come together and for the weather to cooperate. Glad you were able to talk to your mom!

Paige- thank you for the book series recommendation. Looks like a good one!

Michelle- glad you have been able to enjoy the weather on your porch! Glad you got your house looking decent!

Cindy- great work on your final- good idea to take brain breaks!

Joelle- so sorry to hear about your neighbor's daughter. That is so sad.

Jen- you do so many fun things with your kids! They are very blessed!

Angela- I hope your day improved!

Better get myself ready for bed now for real. Good night!

- - - Updated - - -

Ch1- today I had ds14 make guacamole for dinner. We needed to eat before his soccer game and I was busy prepping BLT's, so he was my little sous chef. Tomorrow I hope to bake something, maybe rice crispy bars and a dessert with rhubarb?
    Ch2- we are sort of in summer mode. We are pretty done with ds18, but having ds14 work on grammar/language arts and spelling over the summer.

Today we all overslept and now I am up late trying to catch up on emails, etc. After getting ds18 ready and stretching him, we ate breakfast. We took the boys to buy flowers, herbs and vegetable plants for the container gardens. I ended up riding my bike there for some exercise. I helped ds18 with some of his thank you cards, made lunch, prepped some books to sell, did ds18's afternoon stretches, made dinner, cleaned up and went to ds14's soccer game- they won! Ds14 also had a couple friends from the neighborhood over this afternoon. I am about ready to take a shower and get to bed. Tomorrow I need to take ds14 shopping for shoes and I would like us all to get our plants in the dirt .
    Start by doing what is necessary, then do what is possible , and suddenly you are doing the impossible. St. Francis of Assisi