Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thursday DECLUTTERING!

Default Thursday DECLUTTERING!

This Week's Challenge: Kitchens! Organize, clean, experiment, replenish cupboards, countertops, pantries, freezers, and refrigerators.

School Challenge: Organize your game stash. Hoe out what you don't play or rotate games. Play a game! Are you a game playing family? What are your favorites?

Inspiring Thought:
    There can be no great accomplishment without risk. - Neil Armstrong

For me today:
    • birthday greetings- to include here and FB
    • wrap the gifts early- he'll get at least one if not more this morning (to extend his fun)
    • bring up the game table- we'll need it this weekend
    • check in with Staples- on printing my planner (if not there's the place I reviewed last summer)
    • drop R at the sewing shop- to use the embroidery machine (she's doing gifties)
    • DMV- please pray that I16 (!) passes his permit test today! He's been trash talking about beating both of us his older sibs to an actual license and that starts with passing the first time. Of course, they also told him they both got 100% so that upped the ante on him. This kid could use a big win.
    • grocery store- to pick up salmon and ice cream for the second ice cream cake this weekend, plus stamps
    • home- either right away or after getting Rebecca from the shop
    • tidy up the house- especially the first floor and including the kitchen
    • remind adult children about their tasks- slideshow and senior board
    • blog work- for.real.

Today is Isaac's 16th birthday! He's requested Life cereal for breakfast. Not sure what the rest of us will eat, but I have his cereal. With three birthdays in a row, his is smashed in the middle and we move on to Joshua's birthday pretty quickly. So, I like to make the day special. Making sure he has a certain gift early will make his day.

He doesn't want to run all the errands, but if he wants the DMV on his birthday, that's part of the deal. My inlaws arrive mid-afternoon and we have to be back home.

Have a wonderful day!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (19 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

HAPPY 16th BIRTHDAY ISSAC!!
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 20yo ds, 17yo ds

Here's a look at my Thursday:

-took dd to school
    -attended group devotions
    -assigned jobs for the interns
    -wrote a thank you note
    -7-11 to get some Japanese candy to send in a package I'm sending
    -ATM
    -mailed several small packages at the post office
    -went to the used store and bought 4 new dining chairs. They look new, match the ones I already have and saved me a fair amount of money
    -trip to IKEA, mainly for father's day gifts for the church, but I got a number of other things too. Bonus, I didn't get lost (it's a tricky drive and I usually get lost at some point)! This took up about 4.5 hours.
    -arranged the potted patio flowers with the help of the interns
    -picked a handful of raspberries off my bushes
    -general living room tidy up
    -dust
    -swept
    -sorted through my plastic food storage containers. I'm try to move away from so much plastic and use more glass.
    -wiped down the kitchen counters
    -cleared the table and wiped it
    -went out to dinner with the parent of an intern that is returning later in the summer. He was in Tokyo on business trip.

I'm going to hang a load of laundry in the living room and head to bed. Have a great Thursday ladies!

Happy birthday Isaac!
    Lindsey Carter
    Wife to Chris for 19 years and Mom to Wesley 15, Adelaide 13 and Hudson 11

Amy -- hope the show shopping goes well & you get plants in the ground. Guacamole ds2 has been wanting some but all the avocados have looked

Heather -- I think you do an amazing job making each child birthday special!

Lindsey -- YAY on new chairs and not getting lost!

Another beautiful day but it feels a little more humid this morning. I have so been enjoying the low humidity.

I walked out on the porch this morning and the fan was on. We have an old box fan on the porch that I rarely use but yesterday evening I was hot (from cleaning) and turned it on when I sat on the porch. Dh was last one in and forgot to turn it off.

Haven't made a list of even thought about it yet
    I will probably pick a spot and work.
    Maybe run to store. I have enough breakfast stuff for ds1 in the morning but that will be it. I really don't want to go to store over weekend.

Have a GREAT day!
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 20yo ds, 17yo ds

Happy Birthday Isaac!!

CH1: I really need to clean out the fridge and have been avoiding it....

CH2: My kids already started a game of Monopoly, which at my house means they are also quarreling.

so far:
    Bible reading
    Women's ministry phone calls.
    breakfast
    kids are getting started on morning chores

up next:
    quick shower - I am running late
    start laundry - need to wash ball uniform
    school

also today:
    I would like to buy a gift for ladies that served on our women's ministry council from me...but I have a limited budget and limited time. I was thinking of buying them each a pretty tea cup and saucer because we always served hot tea at our evening events (I'm not sure why, just a thing we did...), but I don't want to buy women a clutter-y gift. What would you think if you got this as a gift? I will also include a nice assortment of tea bags and a written card.
    Wrap birthday gift for friend turning 40 tomorrow!
    Continue decluttering in the play room
    dinner in the IP or crock-pot

this evening:
    Ash has dance - I could go to TJ Maxx/ Marshall's to look for tea cups.
    Logan has a play-off game.
    Loving, learning, and living in central VA with my adventurous husband of 14 years and our three children.

Happy birthday, Isaac!

Lindsey, score on the chairs! I love finds like that.

Michelle, it's hot here too. Concerning here this early in the year.

AR, I like that gift idea.

Lots of little things to do here, ladies. The house is in fairly good shape except the guest / sewing room needs to have a little decluttering; it will be 'home' to people beginning tomorrow and ending 6/20). Basics on the agenda: Elvis to the groomer; I get a haircut; Bell takes Princess to get a new swimsuit; K and I run some errands, including getting my mom's shopping done and getting that to her. In and between all that we have some friends who who will be hanging out today. (Heather, it's a nomadic mutual friend. )

The biggies for me in all that include getting my list made for packing, making sure it's complete, locating a suitcase, and beginning to pack. I'd like to get the MBR decluttered before I go, and also I have a packet of seeds that I've been soaking that obviously need to go in the ground.

Also, I am tracking a supplement for K. It's something we have found that significantly helps with her health issues, and she's out of it. I ordered it a while ago, but it's not here. The company says they've shipped it but the tracking isn't working. I'm hoping to find someone local that can help me out if it doesn't come in before we leave.

Okay, I'm off to shower. Hopefully I'll have time to check in again in a few hours.
    Robin, wife for 21 years to a wonderful man, and mama to 20yo Belle; 18yo Kitty; 14yo Princess, and 12yo Boyo.
    Words for 2015 and 2016 and probably forever: Be her.

HW - Praying Isaac does well on his test and that his day is fun and memorable! Also that the visit with the in-laws goes well.

Lindsey - What did you buy for the Father's Day gift? Yay! for new chairs!

Michelle - We have gotten a break from that dreadful humidity as well!

Paige - I graduated from ODU Dec. of 2000 and Dan in the Spring of 2001. We were married in March of 2002 and rented a house near Granby High School, where I was teaching. Before we were married, Dan lived in Colonial Place and we had several friends that lived there and still know some people there now. I love that neighborhood, the old houses are so lovely!

- - - Updated - - -

Robin - Thanks for the feedback!
    It sounds like you have a busy day ahead! I hope it all goes smoothly and godspeed to Bell and Princess as they go swimsuit shopping. (Maybe that is fun when you are a teenager? I don't think I ever enjoyed it - ha!)
    Loving, learning, and living in central VA with my adventurous husband of 14 years and our three children.

Good Morning!
    Still cool here. 55*F. But we are suppose to reach 80*F. That would be perfect.

HeatherW-- Sorry your grad party plans are not working out the way you hoped. I know you will still make it special for R. Praying the weather cooperates. Happy Birthday to Isaac!

Amy-- So nice to see you! Congrats on ds18 graduating. It sounds like you are having a nice summer. I need to go get some flowers for my front flower pots.

Well, my tutor final is pretty much done. I just need to wrap up the last question. It's an essay basically on what we've learned, and how we have seen success with the Orton-Gillingham approach to teaching reading. I have it all on legal pad right now, so I'll still have to transfer my answers, but that will finish it out! Also, the tutoring center found out yesterday that the husband of one of the tutor's passed away suddenly while they were out of state, so they asked if I would tutor her 6pm student. I may have him for the entire summer session, but they aren't sure yet.

So far:
    • email management and reading
    • cleared dish drainer and kitchen sink, worked on scrubbing a pot... I need to go back to that
    • answered email regarding tutoring
    • caught up reading here

For the rest of TODAY:
    • get the tutor final squared away and ready to turn in
    • possibly meet with another training tutor who had some questions
    • laundry
    • keep kitchen tidy
    • PTE... with going back to tutoring next week, I need a plan for meals and Saturday is early morning WM day
    • tutor lessons
    • table pile organizing/decluttering

Dh will be busy then entire day. He's going to a dr. appt. with his parents. They are finding that FIL is becoming confused about "what the dr. said". Why drs write things out for older people? They all use computers now. It wouldn't be hard to do that and have it printed so the nurse can go over it again before they leave. And then they have it to take home too. Seems simple to me. I'm not sure having dh go will help keep things straight either.

Have a great day!
    Wife to Pastor Tim and Mom to April (graduate), Erica (graduate), Jacob (graduate), and Jesse (4th gr).

Good morning!

Happy birthday to Isaac!! I hope the test goes well!

I overslept an hour and a half! My alarm went off and I heard dh in the bathroom and thought, "I need to get up and start the coffee..." and then I looked and it was 8:!5! We were out until almost midnight, but they had a great time. I'm glad he has friends that are just really good kids.

Not sure what all is going to happen other than puppet camp and a grocery pick up, so I'll post as I go!

Now to get the kids up!

Have a great day today, friends!

AR- that's a great gift for tea drinkers!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (19 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).