Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Friday DECLUTTERING!

Default Friday DECLUTTERING!

This Week's Challenge: Kitchens! Organize, clean, experiment, replenish cupboards, countertops, pantries, freezers, and refrigerators.

School Challenge: Tidy up from this week of school.

Inspiring Thought:
    The true way to live is to enjoy every moment as it passes, and surely it is in the everyday things around us that the beauty of life lies. - Laura Ingalls Wilder

For me today:
    • make sure R calls about her portfolio- she's going to call the department at the university and see if she can pick it up (please pray we didn't miss a window on this and we can get it back) Not only would it be excellent for her senior table, but it represents a lot of work and expense!
    • get the trash out- a container fell on me out of the basement freezer last night and I put the shattered contents in the trash (it was raw ground beef!)
    • email about party details- I need to work out a dispenser for cold water. Don't have one.
    • amazon order
    • laundry- got a load in now
    • play games and visit with my inlaws- who will come over from their hotel about 10am this morning
    • take R to her shift- she works today at the Lab of Ornithology with the class of 1953 (it's reunion weekend at Cornell)
    • tidy up my desk- so I can sit there (not sure when I stopped doing that, but using it again would be a good idea)
    • figure out dinner- most likely burgers on the grill
    • call about printing my planner- did not look at my list much yesterday. I didn't have much down time.
    • blog work- whatever I can manage. I'm behind and at this point, that's a big deal if I want to sell courses.

It's Friday! Been a long week over here with more crazy stuff headed our way!

Tomorrow is the graduation party followed by Joshua's birthday and then we can relax!

Isaac had a great birthday and that makes me happy.

Today we'll make sure we are ready for tomorrow and the weather looks like it will be just fine at the park! If there is a sudden change, our church is confirmed for tomorrow.

Have a fabulous Friday, friends!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (19 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Good morning!

So glad he had a good birthday, Heather! I hope all the weekend fun goes smoothly!

We have a busy day today!
    *laundry--almost done drying
    *make sure kids pack toothbrushes, etc.
    *swimming lessons
    *Walmart--dd needs to get ds's birthday present
    *watch younger kids' puppet show
    *get lunch
    *back half an hour later for puppet camp
    *4H office to turn in camp forms
    *back to watch kids' puppet show--need to make sure there's plenty of space on my phone for video
    *our bathroom

The kids will go home from the puppet show with my mil and stay until Sunday morning. Not sure what I'll do with 40 hours! Crazy!

Have a great day today, friends!

Heather -- hope R can get portfolio back!!

Jen -- you will be lost without your kids. Or you might sleep the whole time

Ended up going to stores yesterday. Wm & small grocery. Got stuff for tonight get together and breakfast next week.
    Oh and ds2 took me out to eat lunch at pizza hut before the stores
    Didn't do much else

Today is suppose to be warmer with humidity heading back up. The sunshine is beautiful.

Today:
    • actually do something
    • find clothes for tonight
    • go to get together

Going to a reunion of our hs group moms. The lady that was in since right after the group started (several years before ds1 was school age) has headed up a reunion of the moms. Just moms that was in the group while she was in group.

Food and laughing will be happening tonight!

I am bringing spinach dip & Hawaiian bread. I love that stuff but no one else in this house does. So I try to bring it to parties

And I will be riding to the party ...about 30 mins away..with a friend I haven't gotten to talk to in ages!!

Have a GREAT Friday!!
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 20yo ds, 17yo ds

Well, I just had to come back and share my hilarious find. Staples will charge me over $183 to have my 330 page planner printed. And The Homeschool Printing company is $46.

Back to square one because I won't pay more for the printing than I did for the file. I learned my lesson, I think. I still question being able to customize the number of pages I'd want in the planner. Perhaps I will need to consider printing certain pages and using notebook paper and binding it myself. I only need the next six months. If I can figure out which parts of both planners I want, I could make something nice, but the double page calendar layouts are part of the problem.

By the way, this is for my blog's business planner...not my homeschool planner. I am still a steadfast notebook paper user for that! Homemade spirals.
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (19 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Good Morning!
    I'm really liking this weather we've been having. The cool mornings are fabulous, and a high a 82*F today. 82*F is the perfect summer temperature. Currently 66*F.

Slept in until 7am this morning. Usually I'm awake a little before 6. I guess I needed a little extra. That means I missed my window of email management that I usually do early, but I did some last night so hopefully it's not totally out of control. Sometimes it's how many will come in overnight.

Kitchen challenge-- I'd like to bake something to take to Erica this weekend. We are helping her move to her new apartment tomorrow, and then she wants me to stay overnight and shop with her on Sunday and do a little decorating. Can't pass up that invitation!

School challenge-- We did a science lesson yesterday and finished our read aloud on Wednesday, so not much to tidy up. We need to choose a new read aloud.

So far:
    • cleared the dish drainer
    • sorted the mail pile, put things in the right places, and updated the bill calendar
    • enjoyed some instagram stories... I have an art teacher I love to watch, plus a niece who has fun stuff, and Shonda. I enjoyed watching and listening to her this morning. Good Stuff!
    • tidied the kitchen counters after dh and ds20 left

For TODAY:
    • pay some bills
    • work on tutor lessons... need to get them mostly complete today
    • keep working on tutor paper organizing... I got things sorted yesterday and appropriate ones in student folders; I still need to get the lesson binder ones organized
    • meet with 2 other training tutors at the library to go over a few questions... I contacted the others (there are 4 of us) to join in if they wanted. one can, the other is out of state
    • bake something to take to Erica... not sure what to choose yet
    • library runs x2
    • what's for supper? Pizza
    • Friday night ice cream
    • gather everything that's going to out to Erica's; decide who's car gets what and maybe even get it packed

Should be a nice day.

Enjoy!
    Wife to Pastor Tim and Mom to April (graduate), Erica (graduate), Jacob (graduate), and Jesse (4th gr).

Good morning, all! it's FRIDAY!!!

Heather -- so glad Isaac had a great birthday That's wonderful! Hope the weekend goes very well!!!
    AND on the cost of the planner! Yikes!

Cindy -- enjoy Erica and your time with her. Very nice!

Jen -- for 40 hours!!! If nothing else, just RELAX and enjoy and don't go anywhere! That can be the most rejuvenating thing of all!

Michelle -- your get together sounds lovely! I hope you have a great time of fellowship!!!

Here:
    * allergy shots at 930 -- leave by 915
    * do some watering outside -- some grass, hydrangeas .....
    * do some meal planning for the weekend and go by the grocery store after the allergy dr
    * CLEAN HOUSE
    * dh's sister and family are coming tonight for the weekend -- we're having ham, mac and cheese, and veggies, and fruit for supper Need to figure out breakfast and lunch for tomorrow (mostly planned but need to check on all that I need)
    * tomorrow is dh's other sister's son's wedding at 6 p.m. outside of b'ham at a winery.
    * Bake 2 cakes for a cake reception for Sunday -- one of the couples that recently got married at our church got married at home, went on their honeymoon to Italy for 19 days (they were both hsed and want to travel ), and now they're having a cake reception. The bride's mom has asked several people to help bake cakes. We're baking 2. I need to get it done and to the church TODAY No time tomorrow.
    * towels are already in the washer. Need to make sure the boy's bathroom/guest bathroom have plenty upstairs.

Short list that is packed FULL

Ya'll have a great day!
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

Paige -- that is a packed day! And there you are again..hosting & baking!! Awesome friend!

Cindy -- enjoy your time with Erica!!

Heather -- YIKES that is crazy for printing. Is that binding too? Can you print from home cheaper? Or the library? Our library is 10c a page.

So came out on the porch with ds1 this morning. Not as cool as has been but still nice.

Ds1 & I were laughing at some squirrels in the tree next door. A few mins after he left one of the squirrels did crazy acrobatics trying to keep from falling out of the tree onto a car.
    Lots of squirrels out and playing this morning. Funny to watch.

Still no hummingbirds. I just keep changing their food so if they show up (one does occaionally) it is fresh. I don't put much in it.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh as I am relaxing on my porch 2 little old people from down the street come walking by. Not a slow walk either. A pretty good pace. She is faster than him. I think she is a few years younger. He is 90. She will get a little ahead but you hear her telling him...come on! They were moving along
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 20yo ds, 17yo ds

Good morning!

Yesterday I got a good portion of the bonus room organized. It was getting to be difficult to walk through the room! A big part of that was rearranging book shelves. I had put a new one in our room, took that one to the bonus room, and put the bonus room one in ds's room. There were books everywhere! Still a lot of actual deep cleaning to do, but that wasn't possible until the huge mess was tamed a little.

I also didn't go to Zumba last night. Instead we went to see a movie together. We rarely go see movies at the theater - so expensive! We went to see the Han Solo movie. It was okay. I think they did a fair job, dh didn't like it much. But - we can now check that off our list.

For today:
    • Psalm study
    • Water plants
    • To gym - core exercises
    • Pick up meds at store
    • Tidy all over
    • Make meals at make and take place at 11
    • More work on bonus room?

Heather - glad Isaac had a great birthday - congrats to him on passing the dmv test!

Jen - 40 hours without kids?! Enjoy!! In August both our kids are going to camp 4 hours away for 5 days! We're all excited about that!

Michelle - have fun at the moms reunion! Spinach and Hawaiian bread sound delicious!

Cindy - how fun to stay with Erica over the weekend! Have a fabulous time!

Paige - hope the time with family visiting is wonderful

Have a great day!

HW - Praying that R can get her portfolio back and the rest of the weekend goes smoothly!
    I am always astounded at how much printing costs!

Jen - I hope you and dh make the most of your free time!

Michelle - Yum! I love that dip!
    I hope you get some humming birds soon!

Joelle - You are doing a great job on the cleaning and decluttering!

Paige - Dan and I met because we both led Young Life at Maury High school. He was till leading there in 2000, but I wasn't because I was doing my teaching internship.
    It is a small world!

Cindy - That sounds like a sweet time with your daughter! - Enjoy!

The past couple of days have been kinda rough for me. I am struggling with some physical symptoms of anxiety even though there really isn't anything extra to worry about. This happens to me sometimes as a symptom of PMS and while I know that it is hormonal, it is rough. Whew! I think I am going to start taking the SAM-e supplement again, I have had good results with it in the past.

Logan's team won their first play-off game last night. So now, we also have a game tomorrow morning.

Must happen today:
    last day of CM exams (I didn't get as much done since I haven't been feeling great, but I'm not going to sweat it. I'm just going to move on)
    laundry - started
    wrap gift
    friend's birthday party tonight

may happen:
    This weekend is the big book sale for the county library system at the fair grounds. If all goes well, I'll take the kids this afternoon
    decluttering
    cleaning
    Loving, learning, and living in central VA with my adventurous husband of 14 years and our three children.

Update:
    • got laundry going early
    • switched it- and hung some of it to dry
    • started more
    • hung some of that to dry
    • started more laundry
    • cleaned up the school table for games- and piled more on my desk in the process
    • hung with J- who is done out already from guests and poor sleep
    • R put in a call with a message to the dept - about the portfolio
    • texted with our party cohosts- ongoing to clarify details

Cindy- I really like instagram too. I'm not big into the stories, but I like to read and look at the pictures there. So much goodness on IG. It is a place of peace for me.

AR- I'm sorry to hear you've had a rough week. I still experience those though I had a hyst ten years ago. R is having a super hard time with pain from endometriosis. Not a lot can be done, so she is exploring excused absences in case she needs them for the future- and having the documentation in place. I took her to my doctor in April to confirm suspicion. It's all a big stink.

Joelle- Good job on all the bonus room work!

Michelle- Is the porch good today? We are having some BEAUTIFUL weather. I will be out there today for sure.

Paige- You are so generous with your offers to cook, etc! That would break me. I'm pretty sure.

Ok...still texting with my friend, but I've got my laptop up in my studio and I'd better get back to the family party on the first floor.