Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sunday DECLUTTERING!

Default Sunday DECLUTTERING!

This Week's Challenge: Kitchens! Organize, clean, experiment, replenish cupboards, countertops, pantries, freezers, and refrigerators.

School Challenge: Prepare any activities you have going on this week.

Inspiring Thought:
    An “epiphany,” in case you have yet to have one, is when someone encounters truths about life with which they were previously unfamiliar, thus sparking an abrupt change of perspective. - Penelope Lumley

For me today:
    • make waffles early
    • make something for snack duty
    • church
    • mall- to get a Nintendo Switch for Joshua's birthday
    • play games- hang out with my inlaws
    • make the third ice cream cake
    • put away stuff- that we pulled out for the party
    • clean off work surfaces- in my studio and on my desk
    • go out to dinner- to Chili's which is Joshua's choice
    • blog work

I didn't get a chance to come back yesterday because it was a long day. The party went really well and Rebecca had her people there. She was happy as a clam that people came out and that there was root beer. Those are the two things she wanted. But you guys will laugh. The average age of this party was pretty old. Between the two girls there were exactly three teenagers invited and two of them came. We had lots of church friends and a 4-H contingent and the owner of the sewing shop came to the party as well. So sweet!

Speaking of the shop owner, she gave R a sizable gift card for her store and between that and her gift money she has enough to buy the new machine without spending any of her savings. She feels so blessed! She ordered it the other day. I wonder how long it takes for a machine to arrive.

I'm up early this morning because my sinuses have blown up. I probably should have taken a shower last night to get the pollen out of my hair after being outside for many hours. Boo. I've done my morning allergy meds and took Zyrtec last night as is my custom. But, I need to take a decongestant too. Hopefully it will subside because I have a lot to do again today!

It is official. We have four teenagers in the house!

Have a wonderful day!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (19 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Hello ladies! I spent most of yesterday relaxing on my day off. I also did some thinking about next school year. I think I need to get a little bit more structured as we are having a hard time getting work finished. I also need dedicate more time to teaching and supervising the kids. We might even get up and go into the Sunday school room, so that we get away from distractions and actually all get up and going (as opposed to falling back asleep on the couch).

Today I:
    -helped the interns set up for church
    -worship team practice
    -church/sang with the worship team
    -helped set up for playgroup
    -made salad and corn for lunch
    -lesson planning for next year

Still to do:
    -wash a load of laundry
    -order some school supplies?

Heather, I’m glad the party was a success! Have fun at Chili’s tonight! I hope you feel better. I’ve had some sinus stuff too and so does dh. I’m not sure if it’s allergies or if I’m fighting a cold. So, I feel for you!
    Lindsey Carter
    Wife to Chris for 19 years and Mom to Wesley 15, Adelaide 13 and Hudson 11

Good morning!

Heather -- I'm so glad that last night went so well! I'm thankful that it seems that it turned out better than expected and for the sewing gift card!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Joshua!!!

Lindsey -- a morning routine/set time/schedule is worth the fight to implement Sometimes it's so hard to get everyone on board, but (at least in my house), it makes a huge difference when everyone knows expectations and falls into line with routine. Hope you can figure that out!

Robin -- have FUN at the conference! When do you leave?

Angela -- about the turtle!

I can't remember everything else that I read from yesterday Sorry! Hope you all are having a great weekend!

Yesterday was SUPER busy here! Jim's sister and family came in Friday night, and we had a great time! They're good kids (17-22 in age), and we get along well with the adults. Kids had a blast -- their kids are great about talking/interacting with ours.
    -- got up yesterday and took K. to the ACT
    -- came home to fix breakfast for most (omelets).
    -- dh was working outside cutting up more wood of the downed trees, and all the boys went out to help, including the 2 extras
    -- visited
    -- got lunch set out. My sil took charge of that
    -- and I went to go get K.
    -- got home and 2 hours later (about 2:30) went to go visit Jim's mom and then on to the wedding of Jim's twin sister's son.
    -- actually left the reception early because it was lasting SO long (we left before the cake was cut, but dancing had started), and we still didn't get home til 10
    It was a long day!

Today:
    * church
    * I've already been up putting a glaze (lemon and chocolate) on the two cakes Mattie made for the reception this afternoon
    * after church, we'll come home for a quick lunch
    * and then we'll head back to the church by 2 for a reception for a couple that got married in their home a few weeks ago -- it's a cake and punch reception, and the mom has asked several ladies in the church to help make cakes. We made 2.
    * the girls and I are helping serve cakes at the reception.
    * reception is supposed to be over at 4.

I think we'll be ready to crash at that point.
    I figure a movie will be on the agenda tonight After we all enjoyed the 1st Mission Impossible, I got on Amazon and ordered the 5 movie set for $17, so we have movie #2 to watch

Ya'll have a Fabulous Sunday!
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

Good morning!

Happy birthday to J!

Still waiting for our birthday boy to get home...they are going to bring them here, so that saves us an hour and a half of driving!

Heather, I'm glad the party went well!

Lindsey, I am right there with you on needing more structure!

Paige, you deserve some crash time!!

I am so behind on chores...
    *our sheets--washing now
    *laundry--lots
    *ironing--at least some pants for dh
    *lunch at my mom and dad's
    *place the grocery order
    *blog
    *buy water park passes

Not sure what ds will want to do for his birthday...maybe watch a movie? I'll make the meal he requested. I also need to try to figure out when we're doing his friend party. He wants to go to the water park (which is why I need to buy the cheap passes that are on sale today) but two of his friends are traveling a fair amount in June, so I need to get those dates squared away and pick a time--and then hope it doesn't rain!

Have a great day today, friends!

So far:
    • made waffles with berries and cream
    • packed up the leftovers and the leftover cake- for snack duty this morning
    • church- struggled to stay awake I'm so tired!
    • mall- to get the Switch and there was a sale so he got a deluxe travel pack to carry it in
    • helped with snack duty- mostly the cleaning up half

Rebecca is out giving her grandparents a tour of her side of campus. The rest of us are relaxing and Joshua is setting up his new console system.

Lindsey- I find that getting started all at the same time is difficult when we have so many chronic issues that make mornings really hard. I hope you can find the balance you are seeking!

Jen- I hope you enjoy your birthday boy's day!

Paige- I didn't know you had two weddings this weekend.

Ok...time to get some pictures of the birthday boy who is setting up his Switch with WiFi. He's over the moon today. As birthdays should be!

After that, I just want to BE, but my inlaws will be back and lunch will need to happen. WAY too much activity this week.
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (19 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Heather — one wedding (last night) and one reception. The couple got married 3 weeks ago in a private ceremony and are hVing a cake a punch reception this afternoon. We have to leave for it in 10 minutes.

We’re all TIRED today and are dragging, and it’s going to
    Be a full week (state forestry competition 5 hours away Tuesday-wed).
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

HAPPY 13th BIRTHDAY JOSHUA
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 20yo ds, 17yo ds

HAPPY 14th BIRTHDAY JACK
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.

Heather, how long are your in-laws staying?

We've been chugging along...
    *bought the passes
    *opened presents after the kids got back
    *had lunch at my mom and dad's
    *our sheets are done--they are mostly on the bed...got derailed by the cats, who love sheet changing
    *washed a load of towels--drying now
    *started a load of regular laundry
    *read a BUNCH on the 4th Incorrigibles--may be able to finish tonight, but definitely tomorrow
    *placed a grocery order

Dinner is in the oven now and after that we'll go get frozen yogurt and then I think we're all going to watch a movie together. We have two busy days to start the week and after being gone all weekend, I think the kids need to get to bed in good time. If we can make that happen remains to be seen...

Heather -- your comment about being over the moon made me smile. I love it when they are excited about something. YAY for party and gift card!

Paige -- y'all should be ready to pass out! Y'all have been busy. Hope y'all rest this eveninvg

Lindsey -- YAY for relaxing!!

Jen -- Frozen yogurt & movie sounds like a good evening

Friday night moms reunion - I rode over with another mom. So I we got to kinda catch up on the ride. 8 of us "old" ones showed up. The "leader" had remembered my bday and had gotten me a balloon & cute reusable cup.
    We ate & laughed & ate & laughed. It was FUN!!
    I didn't get home until 1:15am But I truly enjoyed the time with old friends.

Saturday -- my birthday -- actually woke early. Then the boys & dh got up about an hour later. Gave me my present (new phone! dh got him one too but our phones were 5 years old and we were having a lot of problems with them). I switched stuff over to activate phones, packed a drink cooler & snack bag and off we went.

I wanted to go to the lake for my bday (hour away). Just ride around, drive thru the trace (40 mile ride of nothing but nature). We rode around looking at the lake. Got out a couple times, watched some geese with babies. Then headed in to the trace. Stopped at the welcome station for potty break, refilled my cup at water fountain and watched hummingbirds for a while (they had at least 10!) Then off thru the trace. I wanted to go to the Homeplace (1850s working farm) but we got there to late. We could have went in but didn't want to pay for short visit. (we can go another day ). We did drive thru the elk & bison prairie. Stopping at a couple of the stops just to get out. Didn't see but 1 bison and 3 elk (usually see more and MUCH closer). Also saw a mama turkey and 12 little babies.

Went all way thru the trace to next town. More lake looking and stopped at the dam. Got out and watched people bow fishing (and big fish jumping), tug boat going thru the lock and a beaver running around (hey we are easily amused)

On to the big city. Rode by the river front, thru their big park and ate cracker barrel. Stopped at academy sports (should have had boys look for shoes but forgot) for dh.
    Finally home s little after 10pm

Not an "exciting" day by most but a fun family day. That is what I wanted.

Today has been lazy. We did a quick clean of living room (don't look in other rooms ) when my mom said she & stepdad said were coming over. They brought my gift and stayed about an hour.
    Rest of day..lazy