Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sunday DECLUTTERING!

Michelle, Family FUN days are great ones So glad you got that today!

Heather and Jen -- hope your Birthday boys have had a great day, too

We did the cake reception deal. Girls and I helped served. Some friends and I helped clean up (the family was long ready to go, but I just couldn't leave them to clean up alone ....). The good news is, though, that they had lots of cakes leftover, and when the mother of the bride mentioned she had no clue what to do with them, I told her I'd be happy to take them and freeze them for singing school (coming up 2 weeks from today). She said "YES, please take them!!!" So I did. Ben still wants me (or the girls) to make some rice krispy treats, but other than that, I don't have to do any baking for singing school because I loaded up on cakes to take (and my friend Tracie donated her cake and her mil's 3 cakes, so she's done, too). Ya'll, that's HUGE for me because I usually do lots of baking early on and have it done. I've done zero baking this year up to this point. Literally, I think I have 10 cakes in my freezer right now to take. That's good enough. A major blessing

Kids are watching a movie.
    I'm thinking about getting in the pool and just relaxing some and swimming some.

My mind needs to be mindless for a while
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

Michelle - Happy Belated Birthday, friend! It sounds like you had a lovely day!

Jen - Happy Happy Birthday to Jack!

HW - Happy Happy Birthday to Joshua!! (I can't believe you have 4 teenagers at once!)
    I'm so glad R's graduation party went well and that she had a great night! That is so cool about the gift card and sewing machine!

Paige -That is so great that you got to take the cakes home for Singing School. I remember you mentioning all the baking you do in years past.

We did the normal church and Costco this morning, but this afternoon and evening have been busy for me!

Tonight was the last night for Middle School community, they moved the time up to 4pm and took the kids on a hike by the river. Several of the moms went to a local ice cream place, which was fun. We frequently, just hang out in the library of the church and chit-chat during their meeting.
    Hannah and I left directly from that for her softball team end-of-the-year party. It started at 6pm and we were 30 minutes late. We had already told the team mom and pre-ordered on-line so it worked out fine.

Tomorrow, is our first day of standardized testing so we put the kids to bed early.
    I also messaged a lady about buying all 3 Life of Fred Pre-Algerbra books for $10 each (woot!) so I may need to go meet her sometime tomorrow.
    Loving, learning, and living in central VA with my adventurous husband of 14 years and our three children.

Paige- a dip in the pool sounds like a nice way to unwind! Especially when you can just go out your door. Hooray for not having to bake for singing school! I was just as excited when I realized I could take the waffles, berries, and cream I'd already made to church for snack duty. Oh and leftover graduation cake that we were not going to eat! (we've had WAY too much cake this week as it is)

Jen- Sounds like your new 14yo had a great birthday with more to come. Terrific!

Michelle- Lovely birthday time for you and Happy Birthday! Who were the old friends? Moms group? Homeschool group? High school group? This year Dan and I have our 30th high school reunion. Mine is set for September 22nd. I'm not sure when Dan's is going to be. I can only assume they are having one, but we haven't heard anything yet. Time is ticking on 2018!

Since earlier:
    • took pictures of Joshua and hung out with him
    • got lunch- feeling badly because my mil had to ask about it
    • played several rounds of Code Names- tough bunch and I can't believe our team lost the last round!
    • went to Chili's for dinner- it was a great time and Joshua loved it. My mil ratted him out to the wait staff that it was his birthday. I was hoping to take him to the ice cream shop in town for soy ice cream. He really shouldn't eat dairy and he's had way too much this week. Oh well. It's just as well because two of our kids are done OUT. I'm going to make his cake later in the week or next weekend. A time later than now.
    • said our goodbyes to my inlaws- who will stay the night at their hotel and leave in the morning for their half way stop

I have to rearrange our frig/leftovers from dinner to fit in the frig. Other than that, I am off duty.

We all need rest.

It never fails for my kids to be run down and looking awful at the end of one of these visits or trips. Pretty sure my inlaws think our kids are lame. Like for real. Like we are parenting poorly and it leads to being unable to handle life in general. They love us and our kids, but I know they are not impressed with my kids' behavior many times. It's an attitude that suggests my kids are about to pay the piper for all these years of homeschooling. I heard "welcome to the real world" more than once this weekend. I love them dearly and they are so generous on every level, but the older they get, the less the "cloaking mechanism" works so you hear more honest opinions slip out.

What they don't see is how Dan and I are in the full time business of helping our kids to cope with their various things. It's not how my kids have been raised or schooled- believe me, I have thought about this often. It's how they are wired. Sigh. It's not an easy road!

Joshua was so animated at dinner. This has been the best day for him. He loves the chicken tortilla soup at Chili's. He's had a great day!

Ok...I'm planning to just chill the rest of the night and I am praying I sleep well tonight. Like super well. Like more than I've slept these past several nights. I would like to do something for myself this evening, but I want it to be easy. It's only 63*, but the POH would be very quiet.
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (19 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Happy birthday to the boys! I think I saw Isaac, Joshua and Jack!?!

Congrats to Rebecca! On a great party and ordering her machine! Woohoo!

Happy birthday, Michelle!

And a big hello to everyone else!

We are about done out. We spent the day at Epcot and everyone has “Disney fatigue” and is ready to go home. We need to pack up and leave in the morning to drive to Savannah and returned Nathaniel to post. Sigh... It’s been great having everyone together. Tuesday, he goes back to work and we head to Atlanta. We will have a few hours and trying to decide on LEGO Discovery or we heard they had an aquarium. Then we fly out that evening, back to Boston, spend the night there and drive home Wednesday morning. It will be great to be back home and if I never come to Florida in June again, I will be SOOO happy!

See you all again in a few days! I’ll need to catch up.
    Shay, wife to Rod and mom to Nathaniel(23), Benjamin(20), Nicholas(18), Rebekah(16), Julianne(11), Jonathan(8)and Joshua(3)

Shay- I've heard the aquarium in Atlanta is really nice. But, there's a good one in Boston too so if you don't get a chance to do LEGO otherwise, that's a good way to decide. Unless of course you are done out from amusement parks. Then I'd go for the aquarium!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (19 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).