Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Monday DECLUTTERING

I'm headed out in a bit.

I forgot to mention that I dropped of a trash bag of stuff at the GoodWill.

Since last check in:
    read-aloud
    Kitchen counters
    got rid of a bag of dress up clothes: some in the trash and some to GoodWill. The girls kept a few things.
    Loving, learning, and living in central VA with my adventurous husband of 14 years and our three children.

Update:
    • started another load of laundry
    • hung more out on the line
    • emptied the trash and prepped it for the outdoor can
    • went through the graduation box- parted with table covers that had holes
    • put the box away
    • took the senior board pictures- and we put all of it away
    • reheated restaurant leftovers for lunch
    • chatted with J about this weekend
    • untagged and hung up dh's new dress pants- picked up on going out of business sale from BonTon (while getting R's work clothes)
    • cleaned off the POH furniture and set up out here. BLISS
    • R is watering the garden

Ok...time to get ready for dh to be home. I will clearly be out on the POH the rest of the night, but I must break to make people food. But, there are little biting insects out this afternoon. I don't like them. It is so GLORIOUS out here. 70 something a light breeze and sunny with no humidity. PERFECT.
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (19 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Good evening!

About a month ago my parents got a pig to be raised to eat. Actually, they got three, but somehow two managed to get out while they were on the highway going home and met an untimely end --watched by my kids, who thankfully have moved on. My mom was pretty sure they were going to need therapy. So now they have the one, who will some day be butchered. Hopefully the kids will not be too attached, but we'll see...my kids are not cut out for farm life, and my parents both grew up on farms. And now the worlds with collide... She does not need to eat at a precise time, just late afternoon/early evening--before dark since that area is not lit--but because it's on one side of the metro and the book club is in the opposite direction it just wasn't going to work. It was probably for the best because we left at 9:30, went to the movie, met our old neighbors for lunch, went to the store, then to a 2 hour fair meeting before heading out there. I am beat and I still need to get dinner on the table (revamped and pulled from the freezer) and mow.

So I'm tired and will sleep well tonight!!

*made dinner
    *sent some texts about camp next week
    *mowed the front and back yards
    *cleaned the hall bathroom
    *showered

I'm beat!

Jen, interesting pig story. Sorry about the traumatic event!
    Angela, I've heard those school and reading comments too. Not so much from family, but from plenty of others. You're doing the right thing homeschooling!
    Heather, Hooray for a relaxing day! After all you guys have had lately you could use a week of them, at least!
    Michelle, 82 and breezy sounds lovely. We, like Cindy, have had rain. June is usually the rainiest month in Japan.
    Paige, I hope you get to meet Shay. She's great!
    Lindsey Carter
    Wife to Chris for 19 years and Mom to Wesley 15, Adelaide 13 and Hudson 11

Here's how I spent my Monday:
    -took dd to school
    -group devotions
    -went over the weeks plan with interns
    -taught interns how to embroider. Our Father's day gift is a small towel with the church logo sewn onto it. Towels are traditional gifts in Japan.
    -100 yen store w/interns
    -pet store for dog food
    -grocery store w/interns
    -imported food store w/interns
    -unloaded groceries
    -finished reading a chapter book with Hudson. It's June and we are all feeling kind of done with school. So I've made a list of things we want to finish up and we are just trying to tackle them gradually. Dd doesn't get out of school until the 22nd.
    -hung a load of laundry
    -swept
    -picked up dd from school
    -made dinner
    -played a game with Settlers of Catan with the interns. Some of them were new to the game, so it took awhile, but was fun.
    -ordered most of my school stuff for next year! I had to stay up until almost 2 am to do it, but I did. Which reminds me, we got a subscription to Masterclass for Wesley. I want to check it out.

- - - Updated - - -

After my late night I slept in. I feel like I've been fighting a cold, so I'm not high on energy today. Still, I do have a few things to do...
    -clean the bathroom
    -fold laundry
    -ironing. It's just to damp for some of the laundry to dry, even with the air conditioner on dry mode.
    -put away clean clothes
    -tackle a something on the end of the school year list with Hudson
    -pick up dd
    -die my hair with tea. I'm thinking of giving it a whirl. We'll see how it turns out.
    -maybe some school planning for next year.
    -make dinner.
    Lindsey Carter
    Wife to Chris for 19 years and Mom to Wesley 15, Adelaide 13 and Hudson 11