Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wednesday DECLUTTERING!

Default Wednesday DECLUTTERING!

This Week's Challenge: Entryways, foyers, mudrooms, and laundry areas- hoe them out, work on closets, organize items, etc.

School Challenge: Reading challenge! Rearrange, organize, introduce and maybe even plan a summer book club at home.The humblest tasks get beautified if loving hands do them.

Inspiring Thought:
    The humblest tasks get beautified if loving hands do them. - Louisa May Alcott, Little Women

For me today:
    • read aloud
    • check over the last assignments
    • put together a new planner- for real
    • check out OneNote- my subscription to Office 365 has ended, but we had one university license left so I have it now. Whew.
    • blog work- finish my course and there are some other important things on my list
    • tidy up the first floor
    • assign the hall bathroomn
    • project time- the 4-H fair is coming
    • VBS planning
    • purchase new Kindle books- the latest in a few series
    • check out our microscope- now that things have settled down
    • get recycling to the curb

There may be more, but as you know, I'm working without a planner over here!

It's a cool and rainy day so far, but I'm glad for the knock down of the pollen. I took so many notes last night. I hope my hand holds up for the rest of this course. then I'll have to figure out what to do with the notes. OneNote is good for lots of long range projects. It's better than Evernote that way. I'll be thinking on it.

Have a peace-filled summer day, friends!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (19 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Good morning!

Heather, we've got fair projects on the list today, too!

Paige, I hope the competition goes well today!

Today is very low key! We had planned to go to the water park, but after the rain and cooler weather yesterday and the chance of rain today, we decided to wait until Friday. So we get to be home almost the entire day!
    *laundry--finishing up now
    *kids' bathroom
    *ironing--the pile is growing again
    *fair projects--ds has plans, so I need to make sure he has the materials!
    *work on our bedroom
    *ds to the library to volunteer
    *out for ice cream after the library

I'm sooo looking forward to an easy day!

Have a great day today, friends!

Good Morning!!
    Boy, do I have stories to tell! I was back in Columbus yesterday, helping Erica move to a different apartment. I'll have to fill you in later; I'm still finishing up lessons for this afternoon.
    Just thought I'd put that little teaser in.

Have a great day!
    Wife to Pastor Tim and Mom to April (graduate), Erica (graduate), Jacob (graduate), and Jesse (4th gr).

Hey Plan to Eat girls!! the mobile app is HERE. If you are on their email list, the email arrived today. Go NOW to get your app. It is BEAUTIFUL! Oh my gosh. The cooking view. Swoon!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (19 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Cindy- I can't wait to hear your story. That is a tease!

Shelly- Have you heard of 10K to Talent? Great homeschooling family in CA who specialize in helping people find their talent and hone it with authentic experiences. I'm not sure that any of their kids have gone to college. They are an OYAN family too. Each of their kids has a niche and they work hard to turn those talents into vocation. He has some workbooks, products, and coaching options. I've done it when I purchased a big package from them on a crazy offer they had going. I pretty much bought all of their content (at that time anyway). I mention it as a way for you and your daughter to explore her options. They are into refining talents and monetizing them. That's a key. One of their sons has a business forging blades- swords, knives, etc. Cool family to follow on Instagram.

Update:
    • made dh's lunch
    • added raisins and packaged his granola
    • took him to work- slightly off campus and because it was raining
    • watched another 40 minutes or more of my full launch class and I have about another hour to go
    • made a decision! - of sorts... A lot of my courses have workbooks and reference material to print. When I bought the planner, I purchased a binder for it on clearance. It says, "Dream Big" on the front. I've started putting holes in the workbook pages and in my notes and I'm putting them in the binder. So, decision one is that coursework goes into the dream big binder. That eliminates the problem of saving space in a fixed notebook. I can also easily index a binder with dividers.
    • I'm leaning toward using a Michael's notebook and starting a new bujo with some of the elements I like about the printed planner- especially how she lays out daily lists. I will think on how to incorporate other business elements into my bujo or I will add those pages to my binder and call it a day.
    • I'll stick with my blog writing notebooks and explore Scrivener for this purpose. I have it and haven't used it much.
    • For long term projects, I will check into OneNote- I'm intrigued because it allows for multiple layers of the same project. My Evernote account needs so much cleaning up. Plus, OneNote I can view on my phone, my Kindle, or my laptop without paying money unlike Evernote.

Next up is to see if I can run a maintenance cycle on the printer. It may be failing. It's six years old at this point. I hope not because I just bought ink, but I'm tired of it acting up. So, I'd happily replace it.

Cindy -- you can't leave us hanging like that!!

Jen -- home most of day?!?! WAHOO!! Y'all have been in the go a lot this year but y'all seem to handle it amazingly well and have loads of fun! That is great!

Heather -- so you have One Note or Office 365 now? Do you use it a lot for planning? I am lost without my lists on my phone. I have been looking but everything is different than what I was using so it will take some adjustments. Also I read the reviews and those confuse me more

This morning has been "off". I have done basically the same things but just feels off. I think because I woke to some text (and then I did some texting) that left my heart kinda heavy. Feeling of drama. And some other stuff too.

Today:
    • sheets - mine are washing
    • bank?? depends on another person
    • laundry room needs work
    • kitchen counters -- what happened??
    • photo work

There is lots more. Will see how it goes.

Going to spend a few minutes on porch relaxing and try to clear my mind.

Have a great day!
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 20yo ds, 17yo ds

Michelle- I'm sorry you have that heavy feeling. It's hard to start the day that way.

I have Office 365 which includes OneNote. (along with Word, Power Point, Excel, etc) OneNote is a Microsoft product and I assume that you need to have Office in order to use the app.

Have you ever tried Evernote? I super love Evernote. It's great for keeping simple lists and you can organize them. I've had it for years and it's my favorite for note keeper for my phone. You could access it on your Kindle too so you could work in both places. It has a widget for the phone which I love. Have a look and see what you think!

So I had to check. OneNote has a widget for the phone too and keeps a nice to do list. The last time I looked at it was in April. That's when my to do list was done in there.

Update:
    • put away some meds in my bathroom- that were on my desk
    • found a new bujo- only it's dotted. Not into that like I thought I would be.
    • put away some books that were on my desk
    • sorted through two piles on my desk
    • got rid of recycling
    • tried cleaning the printer- no deal. The connection is either bad or it's just done listening to me. Dan will have a look when he gets home.
    • gave the college kids an assignment- on finding an organizational tool that will work for them (since I'm hot on the trail of one myself). Dan gave them financial work to do. I can give them life tools!
    • started comparing OneNote to Google Keep and Evernote- ongoing
    • helping R to fill out her health stuff for college

Ok...time to get moving!

Hello Ladies,

HW - When I was reading about your description of your blog project/ blog class notebook, it reminded me of this Youtube video by Sea Lemon. She uses disc bound notebooks for her bullet journal and her project notebook, but I thought the way she does her project notebook may be helpful for your and your blog projects. If you use something like disc binding where the pages can be re-arranged than you can organize your pages and/or remove and group them to store. For example, you could still keep your blog class notes in your blog project notebook, but when you are done with the class those pages could be removed and stored together.
    OK....I just saw your note about using the binder - nice!

Michelle - If you have an i-phone, then it should have two apple apps on it that can be used for lists. One is called "Notes" and the other "Reminders." I like the reminder app better, but they are pretty similar.

Cindy - Teaser, indeed! I am glad you were there to help her, that sounds really stressful.

Jen - Enjoy your home day!

Logan's team lost their game last night, which was for the "American League" champions. They played a great game.

so far today:
    breakfast
    talked on the phone re: Women's ministry
    testing with H and A
    Laundry
    lunch

up next:
    send Logan to jump for 5 minutes
    Test with Logan
    more laundry
    figure out dinner
    cleaning
    Loving, learning, and living in central VA with my adventurous husband of 14 years and our three children.

afternoon update:
    testing with Logan. Whew!
    moved the laundry
    spent some time posting some curriculum things on local FB groups. I hope they sell!
    started dinner
    Loving, learning, and living in central VA with my adventurous husband of 14 years and our three children.