Thread: Tasty Thursday Thread!

Default Tasty Thursday Thread!

Happy Thursday! Heat index of 106, and this miserable mama has no intention of cooking, so it will be peppered turkey wraps with a fresh fruit tray. What is cooking at your house?
    Wife to Darrell, mom to John, Patrick, DJ and Ryan, Stepgrandmom of 5, grandmother to Adam, Harper, and Alexander. Done homeschooling but not done learning!

So sorry about the heat, Merrilee. Somehow I thought it was hot where you were before!

Today I'll be making bbq chicken sandwiches or spicy pork tacos. I have to check the weather and the expiration date on these meats to see which one goes first!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (19 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Not at all Heather; I was in the bay area where it is generally in the 60s in the summer!!
    Wife to Darrell, mom to John, Patrick, DJ and Ryan, Stepgrandmom of 5, grandmother to Adam, Harper, and Alexander. Done homeschooling but not done learning!

Merrilee -- so sorry about the heat & humidity I have lived it in all my life and some days it just sucks the life out of you. I feel for you just moving to it. Like Heather I thought where you use to live was hot.

Don't know how yall feel about reheated meat. But sometimes I have been known to grill or cook early morning then microwave it at supper time.
    And sometimes will grill several meats, so part of meal is cooked for the next few days.

And that is another reason you saw cereal for supper often in summer. Dh sometimes is so hot he wants cold cereal for supper. (we all like cereal know some don't). His job is inside ac office some but out in the non ac shop some.
    Ds1 works for a lawn service. He is out all day.

Ever heard of a frog togg cooling towel? There are other brands too. Those actually do work to help cool you down some but don't get your clothes wet.

Also a box fan on low in front of the ac will make the room cooler without having to turn ac down as much.

Feel free to ignore my rambling.
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 20yo ds, 17yo ds

Hashbrown casserole and yet to be determined veggie
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.

Sorry about the heat, Merrilee. The Midwest is brutal with heat. Do you have high humidity, too?

Tonight is sloppy joes, tater tots, and cold broccoli salad.
    "Ree-bee," Mom to United States Marine ds 22 * artist dd 19 * motion-loving ds 16 * piano-playing ds 11
    "For Miss Minnie loved children and she loved books, and she taught merely by introducing the one to the other." from "A Consent," by Wendell Berry

Rebe -- is that salad broccoli, cauliflower, bacon & maybe?? ranch type dressing? If so can you share your recipe.

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleTN View Post
    Rebe -- is that salad broccoli, cauliflower, bacon & maybe?? ranch type dressing? If so can you share your recipe.
    Oh, I do love a good homemade broccoli salad! But I have a shower here on Saturday and sadly, I am too busy this week to cook much. So I picked up this lovely broccoli salad at the deli in Walmart.
    "Ree-bee," Mom to United States Marine ds 22 * artist dd 19 * motion-loving ds 16 * piano-playing ds 11
    "For Miss Minnie loved children and she loved books, and she taught merely by introducing the one to the other." from "A Consent," by Wendell Berry

Quote Originally Posted by Rebe View Post
    Oh, I do love a good homemade broccoli salad! But I have a shower here on Saturday and sadly, I am too busy this week to cook much. So I picked up this lovely broccoli salad at the deli in Walmart.
    That is how I make it