Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thursday DECLUTTERING!

Default Thursday DECLUTTERING!

This Week's Challenge: Entryways, foyers, mudrooms, and laundry areas- hoe them out, work on closets, organize items, etc.

School Challenge: Reading challenge! Rearrange, organize, introduce and maybe even plan a summer book club at home.The humblest tasks get beautified if loving hands do them.

Inspiring Thought:
    The truth may be stretched thin, but it never breaks, and it always surfaces above lies, as oil floats on water. - Cervantes, Don Quixote

For me today:
    • make a few appts
    • get recycling to the curb- done holy wow. They came early. Really early and I just RAN all that stuff out there.
    • morning meeting- with a read aloud
    • work drop- early this morning
    • VBS planning- a must today
    • project time- order parts for Joshua's project
    • finish cleaning up my desks
    • planner work
    • transcript work- update R's transcript on the Common App
    • microscope time
    • dust
    • finish tidying the first floor
    • reading/nature time
    • blog work

It's a lovely morning after the storms blew through last night and brought cool, dry air. I'm happy to say the gross air was only here for the day, but I think by Sunday we'll want a/c.

Today I hope to start our summer routine and settle into a pattern which includes read alouds and project time plus math for the high schooler. I hope today is a good day for him. He's on a med week and he's feeling a little rough.

I imagine I will have ample POH time today.

Have a wonderful day!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Good Morning Ladies,

HW - Praying for your high schooler that isn't feeling well!

The meeting last night was great! We discussed the first 5 chapters of "The Read-Aloud Family' which lead to lots of great discussions on books!

Ch1: I need to clean up in the mudroom, always.

CH2: Yes! We are headed to the library in a little while.

for today:
    drop Dan off at car mechanic
    orthodontist appointment for L
    library

home:
    testing
    laundry
    general clean up

this evening:
    dance class
    Dan has walking wise
    Loving, learning, and living in central VA with my adventurous husband of 14 years and our three children.

Good morning, all

Angela -- the meeting sounds great

Heather -- AWESOME deal on the embroidery machine. That looks great!

Cindy -- you've still left us hanging .......

Lindsey -- so sorry you had the stomach bug Hope you're feeling better!

Michelle -- hope you're feeling better about things/life

Everyone else

Here:
    * we got home from the Forestry competition about 8 last night. A LONG 2 days with lots of driving. The kids did fantastic, though The senior team placed 2nd in state, and the Junior Team (Cale's team) placed 1st in state!!! Hurray! And Cale placed 1st as the top overall individual junior (with awards in each of the 3 categories). That's a huge feat!! Hurray!!!
    -- meanwhile, Mattie and Ben and I did some touristy stuff (two old mansions, some neat stores downtown). It was a nice little getaway in a beautiful "Southern" town

Today:
    * laundry -- lots of it
    * work on brush pile this morning with the boys -- we need to try to make a dent in it while it's not too hot outside
    * CLEAN OUT THE TRAILER -- this is huge -- we have to start getting ready for singing school, and we need to get the trailer ready and make sure it's mouse free before we start packing up.
    * run to town for watermelon and a couple of errands
    * graduation party for Abigail -- K's best friend and my friend Tracie's dd -- it's at 6 and includes supper. I'm taking 2 watermelons.

Short list. Very encompassing. We should be busy most of the day

Ya'll have a great day!
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

Angela -- yall have car trouble or is it maintenance

Heather -- sorry I is feeling bad. Enjoy your porch for me. We have the gross air. Regular temps near 100 with high humidity. are here. That is all the forecast showed.

Paige -- YAY on win!! And sounds like a great get away.

On my porch now. Felt sticky when I came out but either humidity dropped or my body adjusted some. Not quiet as bad now.

Today:
    • make sure ds2 is moving
    • laundry
    • pick a spot and work

Ds2 is going to do yard work at farm with Gramps this morning.
    I don't remember anywhere I have to go. So would be a good day for getting something done

Have a great one!
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 20yo ds, 17yo ds

Good Morning!
    We are finally getting a couple lovely days. Tuesday was brutally humid and yesterday was as well, but not quite so much. If that makes sense. However, a miracle happened overnight, and it is gorgeous today. Currently 63*F. The dew point is all the way down to 52*. It's clear blue and sunny, and the high is suppose to be 82*F. Perfect. I slept in and caught up on all the past few days here. I haven't even opened my email yet.

So...timeline.
    Saturday we loaded our cars with Erica's stuff, took it to her, packed and unpacked at to her new apartment. Ds11 and I stayed overnight. Neighbor guy was acting weird, kept knocking on Erica's door over and over. We thought he was knocking on his door. Thought maybe he locked himself out and was trying to get someone else's attention. Figured what sounded like knocking on Erica's door, was him trying to get into his own place. He kept pacing back and forth between doors, and his car. Would get in car and leave, then come back a few minutes later and start routine all over again. He even turned her door handle once. Weird.
    Sunday we went shopping and enjoyed ourselves. Went to office and Erica turned in her papers with all the issues. They said they would send maintenance over. Once we were back the weird neighbor made his presence known again. I wasn't sure about leaving and going back home, but I had tutoring on Monday. Erica told me later he kept knocking on her door again that night. She only answered once, but told him she was leaving. She called her boyfriend and slept as his place because she was so creeped out. He literally would not stop knocking on her door.
    Monday maintenance came while she was at work, and said yes, it smells of smoke way too bad. They partially cleaned out the dishwasher, replaced a plug but it still didn't work, so they think there are wiring problems. She went to the office to complain about the creepy neighbor guy. She already informed them about him on Sunday too. So she told them the story of Sunday night. With the maintenance issues and the creepy guy combined, they offered her another apartment. A second floor, single bedroom loft, which is slightly bigger, but for the same price as the first floor studio. She took it. She had a friend come help her move some stuff right away, because she wasn't about to sleep next to the creepy guy. Creepy guy continued to be creepy while they were moving stuff. She called me and asked if I would come help her move the rest of the stuff the next day because she didn't want to do it alone with creepy guy around.
    Tuesday ds11 and I got there about 3pm since Erica was working. We thought we'd be leaving by 6, but creepy guy was doing his usual routine of trying to talk, we ignored him each time and just kept walking. He kept leaving and coming back. Every time he would leave, we'd dart outside and put more things in the cars. Then he would be right back hanging out at his car again. Finally he wouldn't leave and we had had enough of just trying to avoid him. We made a plan to move the cars the next time he left. There's so much more, but the apartment manager told Erica to call the police. She did. An awesome officer came out, took her report, agreed he was creepy, but couldn't do anything since he hadn't done anything but be creepy. We expected that, but was hoping he would stick around while we unloaded the cars and got the rest of the stuff from her first place. He stayed in the parking lot while he wrote up his report because he wanted to talk with the guy. It figures creepy guy was gone the longest he'd been gone all afternoon. We figure it was because we moved the cars. Her new place is just across the parking lot. The officer stayed the entire time until he returned. They had a chat of some kind. A long chat. Creepy guy was quite animated. Then went in his apartment. Officer stayed longer, we kept unloading. Creepy came out while officer was still there and they had another chat. Officer finally left. We wish we could have heard that conversation. Anyway, we didn't leave to come back home until 7:50pm. Got home at 10pm. Whew! You guys, this guy was SO creepy and weird. Erica's boyfriend thought maybe he was high on weed or something. He was helping us move stuff on Saturday, and made a point of introducing himself to the guy. He's about 6' 4'' and in the military. But since it was the fourth day of weirdness, and clear signs from us that we were not going to engage him, our main concern was that he was watching where she was moving to since it's just across the parking lot. The officer said if he comes over and tries to engage in any way, then to call them immediately. They could then get a restraining order. So far he hasn't approached her, so hopefully the officer's chat was successful. Unfortunately, her boyfriend is on assignment this week in Indianapolis. So he wasn't around for most of the events. He's is a hazardous materials and suspicious package expert. He knows how to watch people. They are often assigned to large events just to keep eyes open for suspicious behavior. Great guy.

So there you go. The apartment management was also going to talk with her more and said they would also do something. Not sure what that would be, but they told her to call the police so maybe since she did and a report was filed, they have some leverage. They do background checks on every one before they move in, and he doesn't have anything, but you can't be arrested for just creepy. The new apartment they gave her his awesome. They have been wonderful to her. One of the reasons she chose this complex was because they have a lot of family's and older people. She staked it out for a while before she chose. She said it figures she would get the one place next to a creepy dude.

For TODAY... I still need a plan of action. I'll have to come back once I get my thoughts ordered. Ds11 says I've been on the computer too long.

Enjoy!
    Last edited by CINDY LB OH; 06-14-2018 at 08:46 AM.
    Wife to Pastor Tim and Mom to April (graduate), Erica (graduate), Jacob (graduate), and Jesse (5th gr).

Good morning!

Heather, I hope you get your a/c in soon! I would have died by now!

Angela, your book club sounds lovely!

Michelle, enjoy your day with nowhere to go!

Paige, great job at the forestry competition!!

Cindy, that is crazy! So glad the apartment complex worked with her and that the police were helpful!

I don't think I ever posted again yesterday... Dd's friend came over to play, I helped ds get started on some fair projects, and I did a ton of ironing. I took ds to the library and then dh called and asked if I could pick him up at the tire place. I went and got him and then had to take him back less than an hour later! But that is done now, so that's good! Then dd and I ran by the store and then to the library and afterward we went for a treat.

This morning we got up early and picked blueberries and blackberries. Laundry is going now and dd and I have finished showers. The rest...

*finish laundry
    *dinner in crock pot
    *JoAnn
    *swim team
    *volunteering
    *library activity for dd
    *kids' bathroom
    *our bathroom

Busy afternoon, but it shouldn't be too bad!

Have a great day today, friends!

Cindy- What a scary story! I hope her new apartment is even better! So glad she could ditch the smoky apartment.

Jen- Does your son volunteer every day? That's a lot! I just ordered book 5 of Incorrigible Children yesterday and pre-ordered 6. I didn't want 5 until we could start 6 immediately. I also got the Penderwicks book 5. We only had that one hot spell back in May. Since then, the weather has been really good except for maybe a day or two and none as bad as in May. But, our good weather fortune will turn and the units go in by Saturday!

Michelle- I hope your porch is a good spot to work for part of the day anyway! It's gorgeous here, but it's windy. Not sure how enjoyable that will be on the POH, but I'll do it for a while anyway!

So far:
    • made a mad dash to put recycling out
    • put the bins back- since I handed them off to the truck and they were empty immediately
    • made dh's lunch
    • took R to work
    • talked with Ethan for a long while
    • called the ped- to get immunization records for the college kids and to make an appt (appts are scarce...I'll have to wait)
    • answered a client
    • got a boy started on his last writing assignment- should be finished with it shortly
    • started a load of laundry- should dry fast in the wind!

Ok...I think I'll choose several short items to check off my list.

Morning is coming to a close already!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Cindy -- glad apartment complex have dd an upgrade. Hope creepy guy doesn't bother her agsin. Make sure she calls the police anytime he gets creepy with her!!! Don't hesitate!!

Jen -- yall are on the ball already picking berries this morning!

Heather -- hope you get your ac in!!

Today is not a good porch day.
    After Cam left for work I came in and made sure Car was up & getting ready.
    Went back out on porch with him a few mins before Gramps for here. It had WARMED up!
    Swept porch after Car left. Was ready to come in!

Checked temp at 10:30....feels like 95

So far:
    • breakfast
    • talked individually with both boys & dh
    • swept porch
    • load laundry nearly done..need to check dryer
    • text quite a bit with my mom
    • text with a friend...she has invited us & another family out for supper tomorrow. Checked to see what I needed to bring
    • bill ready for mail
    • went to corner store for a coke....probably got busted
    • updated calendar
    • checked emails
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.

Heather, he usually volunteers at the library once a week, but this week he's subbing for someone on Saturday so he'll do two 4 hour shifts this week. Today is just our normal hour at the food pantry! We're almost halfway through book 5, so I'm optimistic we'll be ready to start book 6 Tuesday night when we get home!

*finished laundry
    *read a chapter to the kids
    *texted with dh--we need to run his stethoscope by the clinic...
    *changed the litter box
    *sent some texts about 4H camp next week
    *put dinner in the crock pot--put my keys next to it so I'll remember to turn it on when we leave!

Now I need to load up our things for the afternoon and we'll head out in just a bit! Enjoy your afternoon!

Quote Originally Posted by jen in ok View Post
    *put dinner in the crock pot--put my keys next to it so i'll remember to turn it on when we leave!
    good idea!!!