Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thursday DECLUTTERING!

Shay -- Not cool them not telling why lockdown. Sorry about the heat & stress. Sometimes it is ok for family to think you have gone nuts. Makes them realize how much you do. I'm just saying. Hope you can spend time in the ac today and the weather breaks for you soon!
    Keep a damp towel around your neck when you have to work. Rewet it every so often. We have frogg toggs that help.

Heather -- I have box fans in front of my ac vents...helping move the cool air thru the room better.

Paige -- hope you get to see today!

Angela -- supper sounded yummy!! Enjoy the day!!

Cindy -- I would go spend the day at the library or somewhere. Does your library have computers or free wifi? Let your ds play video games all day on computer. Read magazines you won't buy. Our library has puzzles people borrow on the honor system. Get a puzzle and a table and you & ds do a puzzle.

Jen -- enjoy the water park!
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 20yo ds, 17yo ds

Shay and I understand. Although, like the cold is SO bad for ME because I'm used to heat, the heat must be that way for you. Remember, I've told you, when we were in RI and it snowed AGAIN in April, I cried. I lost it. Utterly lost it. I cried and promised the Lord that if He would just get us back to the South that I would never complain about the heat again I've said you can pick ONE to complain about -- the heat or the cold.
    I will say, though, that at almost 48, hot is HOT, and I stay HOT most of the time these days. Hot and sweaty But, a lot of it is age.....

and about the lockdown. Yikes!

I've been sewing
    and I've called Abeka and ordered Ben's math, LA, and the spelling and vocab for M and C Done!
    Now to keep working on the rest of my school list and make sure it's complete. I have almost everything -- just need some odds and ends That's a good thing about high school -- most of it is re-usable, which is nice since it's SO expensive!
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

Shay! After last night and then this morning, I'm just about there...When we came in last night our driveway was covered in fireworks debris--mind you, they are not legal on our street because we're one street into the next town. Our neighbor says he'll blow it all off and I hear him doing that. So I go out a bit ago and he must have just blown it into the grass, because the lawn is COVERED. So I start cleaning it up (and it's got to be in the mid 90s by now) and he finally comes over and says he'll blow it off and sweep it all up. And I'm trying so hard to be nice like Jesus would want me to because this man is clearly not a believer, so I hope he remembers how kind and patient I've been with his parties and his friends driving across my lawn and his ginormous boat in the street and his friends always parking in front of my house when I lose it and call the cops on him.

So.

In my frustration I have done a lot of cleaning on the kitchen, finished the laundry, vacuumed the upstairs, living room, and our room and cleaned our blinds. So that's good. We're going to head out soon to have lunch and do the drugstore with my sister and then the lazy river....they're open until 8 and I'm planning on staying on it until the last minute!

Good morning!

I haven't gotten terribly far on my basement clean out. I think this thing has been a pain in the tookas for years. I clean it out and it fills back up immediately. Right now I am totally overwhelmed. I go down there and freak out and just walk away.

Michelle, I am confused about the days, too. It is firmly in my brain that 7/4 is on Thursday, and then with DH being off yesterday, I can't even get a handle on it. My concept of time is tenuous to begin with.

Shay, I am sorry about your meltdown. I had one on 7/4 a few years ago, and it involved slamming doors and hiding and screaming. And afterward, when I thought through it, it was stress. Sounds like that is a big factor for you right now as well.

Lately I've been very emotional, having a hard time focusing, can't really get going on anything. I am blaming it on the heat. Maybe heat and hormones. But it's so very hot at night that I can't sleep well, and am tired all day. Plus there's lots going on with us right now, and I'm having a hard time keeping the plates spinning.

An OYANer arrived last night, and he and Belle headed out to the airport to get another OYANer today. It will be a fun few days with them here; they are pretty self-sufficient young adults and will be doing independent things while they're here, and I will still get the benefit of spending some time with them.

I do seem to be spinning my wheels on a few other projects as well. I thought the red table was finished, but it's not. I didn't like how the top turned out and keep taking it down and starting again. And that is keeping me from working on the coop door. And I had planned to wire the coop yesterday but the feed store was closed and I didn't get there on Tuesday to get the wire so that didn't get done.

Oh, well. It will happen sooner or later. Right now Elvis is looking pretty snuggly. Maybe he and I need to have a cup of tea or something.

Have a great day, y'all!
    Robin, wife for 21 years to a wonderful man, and mama to 20yo Belle; 18yo Kitty; 14yo Princess, and 12yo Boyo.
    Words for 2015 and 2016 and probably forever: Be her.

Robin -- your basement sounds like my storage room. We clean it out, it looks perfect, and then one small pile starts as kids "clean up" something else. Before long, the small pile becomes a mound, and you can barely open the door, much less walk in I started tackling that Monday. I pulled loads of stuff out, Mattie worked on organizing inside, and I still need to finish. Sometimes, I open the door, take a look, closet the door and walk away

I've spent at least an hour on the phone with various dr's/dentist offices working on scheduling and rescheduling appointment.
    -- kids will be gone for their Aug. dentist appointments, so rescheduled.
    -- Scheduled Ben's surgery to remove his extra tooth (which has to be done a good bit before braces) -- they can't get him in at a reasonable hour of the day until late Aug It's no rush, but that's kinda crazy. I guess everyone else in the world is trying to schedule stuff while school is out.
    -- meanwhile, I scheduled well kid check ups (and long over-due shot appointments ) for 2 kids and now an appointment I needed for ME has to be on one of those day, so now I have to reschedule the well check. They're currently closed for lunch.
    -- finally wrapped my brain around my hormonal issues and made the appointment for the iud. I'm not thrilled and am fairly scared, but I'm trying to be hopeful that it'll work. I cannot continue with what I'm doing with high blood pressure, so something else has to be tried. That's July 19th. I'm sure I'll be asking for prayers for peace and effectiveness when the time comes.....

Kids have had lunch.

Next.......
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

Still waiting for it to cool off here. The temp keeps going up and up. Currently 91*F/100*F; that dew point is still hanging at 75*. Ds11 and I went to the little pool for a dip, so that helps for a little while. I thought about going to the library for awhile, Michelle, but then I'd have to eventually leave. You can only use the computer for an hour, so we'd get bored pretty fast. So we've stayed put. It's been raining around us, but just those spotty, pop-up storms, that don't change the weather on a larger scale. We are still waiting for the weather front to get here and go through. I think we still have a couple more hours yet.

Shay-- I totally agree that an 80*F pool is NOT refreshing. Hang in there, and you aren't crazy. I was on the edge of losing it yesterday, and was quite a grouch by the evening when it was still in the 80s and I was SO tired and just wanted to sleep.

Ladies, I was missing my grandma's lake cottage yesterday. It's been 9 years since we lost it to my dad's sister. I wanted to be there yesterday, so bad. There's really no where local for us to go here, that isn't swarming with people in the summer. We won't be going to Lake MI until the beginning of August.

I worked on the table piles and got a few small piles taken care of. If you looked at the table, you wouldn't know I did anything though.

I really want to just lay in front of the fan with BONES on the dvd player. I'll should work more on those paper piles, or on a lesson, or something.
    Maybe I'll place that CBD order now.
    Wife to Pastor Tim and Mom to April (graduate), Erica (graduate), Jacob (graduate), and Jesse (4th gr).

Paige, that's pretty much it. There are a few more complicating factors, but that's sort of how it all happens. We are out of space, and need to use that resource room part of the basement as a work space for my artist and for my fabricator. Throw into that that the family room is down there, we had that water damage, I have to get the flooring out and replace it, I have no staging area, and I simply can't figure out where the stuff I need to keep is going to go when I no longer have a storage room, and boom!

So, our credit card was compromised on Monday morning; did I tell y'all that already? It's the only card I have, and it's also my warehouse membership card. So, of course they closed my account and sent me a new card, to be delivered today. I cannot pick up the wire for the chicken run, or do any other shopping, without that card. Fortunately, I was notified that FedEx delivered the card at 1:00. Unfortunately, they did not deliver it to me. So, I have to wait for 2 more hours to find out where my card is, and if it has been compromised again in the meantime.

So, that's the thing right now. Just waiting. And wanting to eat lots and lots of sugar. but not
    Robin, wife for 21 years to a wonderful man, and mama to 20yo Belle; 18yo Kitty; 14yo Princess, and 12yo Boyo.
    Words for 2015 and 2016 and probably forever: Be her.

I'm up early because I forgot to turn off my phone. So I had incoming Facebook messenger messages at 6 am from the next team scheduled to arrive. They arrive in 11 days and are just now buying their tickets. Their was some confusion about which airport to arrive at. One airport I can drive to and pick people up. The other you have to take multiple trains and that means each team member having to carry all their luggage themselves on multiple trains and through train stations and probably standing on a crowded train for an hour and a half. It's kind of a pain to do, especially after a long exhausting flight. Thankfully, they will be coming to the one I suggested where I can pick them up with the car.

My plans for today:
    -group devotions? I may have to leave early
    -post office trip
    -piano lessons
    -clean the bathroom
    -practice signing for the worship cafe
    -general living room tidy up
    -dust
    -fold and put away laundry
    -sweep
    -mop
    -art teacher meeting
    -make spaghetti for dinner

I'm not in to heat either. It's hard to stay patient and be hot. It was heating up here, but then a couple of typhoons have been in the area and have brought the temperatures back down to the 80s.
    Cindy, have you thought about getting one of those window air conditioners and cooling at least one room of your house? Your story of camping out reminds me of my southern relative's house that included "sleeping porches" from back in the day before air conditioner was a thing. I hope you get that cooler weather!
    Shay, what a stressful day! I think you deserve a relaxing day in the AC!
    Lindsey Carter
    Wife to Chris for 19 years and Mom to Wesley 15, Adelaide 13 and Hudson 11

We made it!!

The cool front has moved through, it's been lightly raining for the past 1.5 hours. And the temp is now a lovely 76*F. Dew point is down to 71*F and should go down some more. Ahhhh....

I'm looking forward to sleeping inside tonight, in my own bed. It's suppose to get down 67*F! I may have to put on a blanket!
    Wife to Pastor Tim and Mom to April (graduate), Erica (graduate), Jacob (graduate), and Jesse (4th gr).

Lindsey-- We considered a window unit, but we already have a whole house unit that just doesn't work well. It can not keep up with temps in the 90 and high humidity and ends up running constantly, never shutting off. Plus we still have to run fans next to the registers to blow the air out into the rooms. So we decided to save the money we would use on a unit and put it toward fixing our current system. We rarely have a week long heat wave to this degree here in Ohio. Usually it'll be 2-4 days at the most, at a time, without a break. The high humidity is what really made this one terrible. Dew points in the mid 70's are quite oppressive and the air just does not move.