Thread: Keep or Toss?

Default Keep or Toss?

Thoughts?????

I made pulled pork in late April and immediately froze some. I pulled it out Sunday and heated it in the crockpot to take to church. I had a lot left, so I turned it into pork carnitas last night (that were delicious!!!). But, I reheated it all again in the crockpot and added spices. But I still have leftovers.

Do you think we can eat on them on more time or do I toss them?
    So, cooked, frozen, reheated 2x already...... Hmmmmmmmm???????
    Usually I toss once it's been reheated 1x, but I have a full meal left

Opinions?
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

I don't it would be bad by now, but they might be over worked for your taste.
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (19 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

It is probably ok. Wouldn't add any more spices. Just a little water when heating (to make sure moist)
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 20yo ds, 17yo ds

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleTN View Post
    It is probably ok. Wouldn't add any more spices. Just a little water when heating (to make sure moist)
    I added apple juice last night to re-heat to keep it moist (apple juice goes very well when reheating pork ).

Thanks, ladies!
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

We'd use it.. we just wouldn't tell Nana because she'd freak out.

Seriously though, I live by "waste not want not" so unless something is spoiled we keep going with it. If it were summer & it were left out I might deem it questionable & divvy it up into small baggies & pop them in the freezer for dog food, but it still wouldn't be thrown away.
    Kendra, wife of Lawrence, mother of three.

I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves.

We are it for supper. Fed the bit leftover to the dogs after supper. It tasted just fine