Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Friday DECLUTTERING!

Default Friday DECLUTTERING!

This Week's Challenge: Pick a project week! Whatever you'd like to accomplish this week is on deck- could be small or large. Let us know what you are working on so we can cheer you on!

School Challenge: Choose something off of your summer list and work on it!

Inspiring Thought:
    The single most important activity for building the knowledge required for eventual success in reading is reading aloud to children. - Jim Trelease

For me today:
    • lunch and work drop
    • read aloud- got two chapters in yesterday (one in Miracles and one in the Unmapped Sea)
    • check on orthodontist appt- I don't remember when it is
    • business bujo
    • drink water
    • walk
    • 4-H projects
    • algebra
    • order or purchase pen refills
    • mount wing- funny story about this wing...
    • blog work
    • fireworks- tonight in our old town

The temperatures are definitely cooler, but the humid air is still working its way out of our area. The dew point is still fairly high. I'm not turning the a/c off until it's in the low 60s. But, it's gone down some since I first woke up an hour ago so that's good!

So, the butterfly wing. When we were looking at prepared slides a couple weeks ago, he said he'd like to pin some new insects, spread their wings (as in for his collection), and use their wings under the microscope. Great idea! But, the other day at the grocery store I noticed a partial butterfly wing in the parking lot. It was breezy. I chased it for a while and nabbed it. I brought it home for him to look at. I just need to check another source to be sure on the mounting. The first thing I read said to dry mount it under a cover slip (though it said a larger slide size). Before I do that, I'll check to make sure that's popular opinion. I imagine it is because the wing is more than one cell layer. No need to fix it in any way. We'll see what we see since the light won't be able to shine through the wing all the way (multiple layers).

I hope to spend some time on the POH. The high will be 74* and it's 71* now. The low tonight will be in the 40s! YES!

Have a fun summer Friday!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Heather -- love you chased a butterfly wing for your ds We have already pasted y'alls high today. And 40

Today:
    • laundry
    • Ch 1
    • store??
    • photo work

I thought of more last night as dozing off but wouldn't move to write it down.

Really don't want to go to store but I need a few things. Maybe I can find substitutes here and not go

Have a GREAT Friday!!
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 20yo ds, 17yo ds

Good Friday Morning!

We had a dumping of more rain early this morning. The dew point was still at 70 this morning at 6am, with the temp 71*F. But it's since gone down from there. Currently it's 65*F and the dew point has dropped to 61*.

HeatherW-- I hope the air stays dried out for awhile too. It was a long time coming. Our low tonight is suppose to be 54*!

Michelle-- Are they forecasting a break in the high temps for you?

So far:
    • email management and reading
    • chatted with dh for a bit while ds20 was getting ready... regular Friday food program our church participates in... saw them off
    • showered and ready for the day... finally a hot shower, not just a lukewarm one

For the rest of TODAY:
    • follow up dr. appt. this morning for ds11... we need to figure out what he's allergic to, if that's what they still think it is
    • tutor lessons for Monday... I had a tutoring dream last night... they moved my room and gave me a bigger one, but other people came in and were using it, and I couldn't get them to leave so I could tutor my student
    • library runs
    • grocery stop for veggies
    • keep working on the table/paper piles
    • what's for supper?... pizza, it's Friday
    • Friday night ice cream
    • figure out the rest of our summer schedule with dh; places we want to go, camping dates, etc.

Enjoy your day!
    Wife to Pastor Tim and Mom to April (graduate), Erica (graduate), Jacob (graduate), and Jesse (5th gr).

Good morning! Happy Friday!!!

Heather -- enjoy the cooler weather. Lows in the 40s! That's incredible!!!

Michelle -- hope you can figure out food without a store trip. I like it when I can do that, especially when I want to stay home

Cindy -- NICE weather for you, too I can answer the question to Michelle about the weather -- I see it's supposed to be upper 80s here over the weekend and then back in the 90s next week. Lows in the 70s..... Hot. That's summer in the South (unless you're in the mountainous regions -- even then it get HOT in the day but cooler at night).

Here:
    * boys are out doing some outside work -- we had a friend with a mulcher come and make a huge path around the pig pen and expand it. They're now going to have about 3 acres, probably. Dh is funny -- he wants them to be "happy" and have plenty of room to root up Plus, he wouldn't mind having the land cleared anyway, so our friend mulched a huge path. Now the boys are clearing the "mulch" (big pieces of wood), and tomorrow, dh will put up the fence, and we'll get pigs soon.
    * I'm going to sew some (almost 1/2 way finished with my quilt It goes quickly as long as the machine is working ).
    * I should probably do some school stuff, but ?????
    * make a dessert for tonight.......

* So, we're supposed to go to Jim's sister's tonight (and stop by and visit his mom). His other sister from GA is there, and we all want to get together. We're planning to leave early afternoon. We're supposed to make a dessert to go.
    Unfortunately, Ben's been outside working, and he just came in saying he feels like he's going to throw up Not sure if it's heat (it's not that hot out there -- only close to 80, and it's been in the shade) or if he has the sickness Guess we wait and see.......
    I'm about to send the girls out to help Cale .....

Ya'll have a lovely Friday!
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

Paige -- hope Ben isn't sick

Cindy -- hope Dr gives you answers! Heat break..I have no idea. This is normal for summer. My biggest worry is ds1 working out in it all day.

My mom text, yes Gramps is mowing farm today so could Car be ready in little bit.
    I had just woke Car a few mins before saying I bet they did the farm today.

They had planned to mow today then we got some rain last night and was/is calling for storms today. So Gramps was waiting til this morning to say yes or no for sure.

I opened my curtains It was cloudy. Sun is out now. I may have to close them if it stays out but enjoying while I can
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 20yo ds, 17yo ds

Thank you, ladies, for the replies yesterday. I was just so done. Correction, I AM so done.

Heather, cool story about the wing!!

Michelle, I would worry about the outside work too! Of course, we all know my heat tolerance level...

Paige, I hope Ben isn't sick! It's the heat. Definitely the heat! LOL

Cindy, I hope they can figure out the allergy!

Angela, I hope your trip to the lake is refreshing and you are still able to mentally prep for what needs to be done at home!

Robin, our basement is like that too. It has been my goal for about 3 summers and I haven't completed it yet. sigh... I bought a pool table to set up down there and it is still int he box in the garage for 2 years now. I got it SUPER cheap after Christmas at Walmart, so not a "nice" one, but thought the kids would like it. Sigh...

Lindsey, I'm glad the airport thing worked out!

Heather, you mentioned the quiet. YES!!! The noise of the fans and a/c also agitates me and my mind can just not deal with it all. We lost power this morning again and it was so blissfully quiet in the house.

We had some storms come through this morning. A strong line came through just after 6AM, knocking out power to our road and all the off shoots. The didn't get it fixed until after 9AM and then another line came through an hour ago, but power stayed on. Woohoo! It has been cloudy all day, humidity is through the roof, but the high today is 80 and it will drop into the 40s tonight. Thank you, Lord!! I can't wait to open everything up and blow that cool air through the house!!

I did nothing yesterday except a freezer. And I sat in the pool for over an hour. The kids jumped and played, I horsed around a bit, but I mostly sat in the shady spot. It's not a big pool. When I sit, the water covers my shoulders and only 12 foot across. But it was 74, so it was Shangri-La to me!

Today:
    -tried to sleep in. Didn't get to sleep until almost 4am. Insomnia sucks. No a/c and kids who keep wanting to check on mommy didn't help. sigh...
    -I decided to get up just as the power came back on. Ugh
    -sent dh to bed, he worked last night and fell asleep on the couch this morning
    -packed a box for Bekah. I ordered more leotards and put the wrong shipping address into Amazon, so they came here instead of there.
    -Nick took to PO for me
    -pantry freezer today
    -Nick's final transcript and health insurance info need to be submitted, so I need to finish the transcript
    -pork in crockpot for pulled pork tonight, already done, just need to shred and refrigerate until later

I'm not posting anything else because I have several things from past days that didn't get done. I'll post later what I ACTUALLY do!
    Shay, wife to Rod and mom to Nathaniel(23), Benjamin(20), Nicholas(18), Rebekah(16), Julianne(11), Jonathan(8)and Joshua(4)

Good morning!

Heather, I hope the 4H projects go well today!

Michelle, I hope you can avoid the store!

Cindy, I'm so glad you got your cool down!!

Paige, I hope he's just hot and not sick!

We had a nice time yesterday. We ate at one of my favorite places and then went to my grandma's/the drug store. I'm glad we went. It looks very similar on the outside with the exception of taking our the windows and the paint, which looks really nice. But inside it doesn't resemble it at all--it just looks like a brand new building. The kids thought it was pretty cool.

Then we went to the water park and right before our friends got in (we got there a couple of hours before they did) it started storming like crazy and they had us all go in the bathrooms. Thankfully it passed before too ling and they reopened and it was perfect weather and much less crowded. We picked up dinner at the same place we had lunch on the way home.

Today we're home all day!
    *laundry--a couple of loads, probably
    *our sheets
    *our bathroom
    *ds's sheets--he didn't take a shower last night so I told him I'm wash his sheets today
    *sweep/mop
    *record book work--for real
    *PTE/grocery order
    *ironing--done

It will be so nice to get things done! We'll probably read a bunch and ds says he's going to work on some fair stuff.

Have a great day today, friends!

Good morning! It's beautiful here this morning.

My oldest took off with her two OYAN buds to the Springs to show them the Garden of the Gods. She took my car because hers is in the shop, so I'm here at home for the morning - until either they return or DH gets home from work. Once I have a car, I have to run to Target, the grocery, and Natural Grocers, and then take Mom some groceries.

I decided I didn't like the top of the table I just finished, so I restripped it yesterday and restained it today. If the weather is cool enough tomorrow, I can reseal the top.

In a little bit, I need to get the pork marinating for dinner.

So, the basement - When we moved in, it was a nightmare, so we demo'd it and refinished it. Having not lived here long, we didn't know the house and did some things I'd do differently if I had the chance to do it again, which I don't. One small room we made into the school room. It's next to the laundry / boiler room so is hot 24/7. That and the fact that Belle turned out to be allergic to carpet meant that we couldn't do school down there. So, eventually we gave up on having a school room and made that the "resource room" meant to store school and craft supplies. But it became the "throw all the crap in here and never be able to find it again" room.

The rest of the basement is a small bathroom and a slightly larger family room - where our only TV is located. It also has carpet, meaning my child has to use the inhaler just to watch tv.

We had a slight flood from a broken pipe under the floor back in April. Had to jackhammer all that up, including the lovely tile floor in the bathroom.

So, the plan is to take up all the carpet, paint the walls, rework the support columns, and put down laminate flooring. Then the former school room will become an ORGANIZED workspace for K the fabricator, P the 3D artist, and possibly for B the builder / inventor.

We (meaning me) will be doing most of the labor. That's not a problem. The problem is just sorting through all the school and craft and scrapbook and miscellaneous stuff, boxing it up (or eliminating it), and creating space so I can do the work. That sorting thing just stinking kills me. I am so visual and it just overwhelms me, takes my energy and makes me feel hopeless.

So, that's my hold up. But I can't plan school or do anything else that takes mental energy until I get that school room dealt with because the mess down there is sucking the life out of me. But I have to get the whole space finished by mid-August, and preferably before. I'm feeling a bit stuck and panicked.
    Robin, wife for 22 years to a wonderful man, and mama to 20yo Belle; 18yo Kitty; 14yo Princess, and 12yo Boyo.
    Words for 2015 and 2016 and probably forever: Be her.

Paige- I hope Ben isn't sick and you can all enjoy family time tonight.

Michelle- Hooray for open curtains!

Cindy- I hope the dr appt goes well.

Jen- The house looks cute on the outside.

Shay
    - I sure am glad cooler weather is here. I just turned off the a/c and I have a few windows open and hung clothes on the line! All I can hear is the breeze in the trees outside. Thanks be to God!

So far:
    • made a lunch and took dh to work
    • hung bathing suits out
    • started a load of laundry
    • made fried apples and ham for breakfast- to use up the apples
    • worked on algebra with I
    • checked into a new course I bought yesterday- I guess she updated the course I bought and gave it to me for free. It has a new name. Pretty cool.
    • reminded kids of 4-H work- looks like J lost what he'd been working on yesterday. Sigh.
    • took the suits in
    • hung new clothes on the line

Took some meds for a killer sinus headache and I think they are working! I've been having vertigo issues the last few days as well and a few days ago my Eustachian tubes were aching. Something must be in the air! It would be worse without my nasal spray, but today I had to take a decongestant. I usually take the fake sudafed (PE), but this morning I took the real deal and I think it does work faster. Interesting.

Ok...I need to work on the next thing and practice focusing on it until I'm done. I'm not very good at that lately.
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

So the doc thinks he may have a secondary infection going on even though he hasn't had a fever or been sick. He wasn't convinced it is totally allergies at this point, since it's been 4 weeks and the Claritan hasn't really done much been lessen the coughing. The chest congestion is still there. However, when we went to the pharmacy to drop off his prescriptions they said he wasn't covered under our insurance. What? Then they decided it must be a problem on the insurance end, like his name is misspelled or they have the wrong sex checked, or something small like that. So dh calls (hope, it's all correct), so the insurance calls the pharmacy, and guess what? the pharmacy had his name spelled wrong!! Seriously? They never asked me to double check if their own input was correct. We'll go back to pick up his stuff when we go back out to the library.

So we are heading back out to the city library, then to the pharmacy, and then to the county library branch.

Oh Yeah! It's GORGEOUS outside. 75*F, feels like 80*, dew point holding steady at 61*. Lovely blue skies, bright sun, and a nice breeze. All the fans are off and all the windows are open. Ahhhhh....
    Wife to Pastor Tim and Mom to April (graduate), Erica (graduate), Jacob (graduate), and Jesse (5th gr).