Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Saturday DECLUTTERING!

Shay -- to have lots of garden produce at this time of year, you have to have HEAT

Robin -- good work!

Michelle -- glad you've had a relaxing day

Jen -- each state is different with laws.... Here, you get your license at 16 but can only drive 1 non-immediately (sibling) family member with you at a time, which restricts a bunch of teens riding together (which I think is a good idea). I was more paranoid about it when everyone was first driving, but I'm getting better. I'm even getting better with Katie and am letting her go "extra" places that are outside her typical "realm" of driving (but she's been driving a year and a half now....). She's still not going long distances, but I'm letting her drive to the mall, to UA campus, down to dh's work, etc..... More traffic, more turns, more hairy parking ..... Bit by bit ..... But, I still make the girls text me when they get some place and when they leave (even if they're going multiple places). When it first starts happening, it's nerve-wracking. I still think about it, but I'm not watching the seconds tick by on the clock waiting for the text that they got to where they're going.....

Here:
    LOTS accomplished this morning.
    We've slowed down this afternoon
    I'm still working on laundry.
    Girls ran to the mall (K. drove)
    Dh and the kids have just gone off to get our new piglets Pig pen is ready for them
    I've sewn some.
    Dh and I played Catan with the boys.

I'm going to call my Mama and work on supper at the same time.
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

Update:
    • switched the last load of laundry
    • hung some of it up
    • put my table and chair back- I can do the other chairs later
    • made dinner
    • had KP kid start on the dishwasher
    • started back into a class I'm taking

I think I will take some boys over to the pool to swim. I was super warm working in the sun when I said I'd go. Now I'm pretty comfortable. But, we'll go and I'll have a dip and maybe I won't stay in my suit or I'll just get out and read if I get cold.

Haven't heard from R. I hope she's had a break by now. She was on 1-11pm, but it was changed to 9:30pm. She may even get out earlier than that. Long day either way.

Ok...it's time. I'd like to sit on my porch, but I guess I'll head to the pool. I've done a ton of stuff today and I'd prefer to enjoy my porch! Dan has gone back into the bathroom for his second coat. He's cleaned bathroom accessories. I imagine he'll have things back together before we leave. Can't shower in there for another week so I'm glad we'll be gone for that time! I think by tomorrow evening we can be back in there to use the sink and the potty. He takes the tank off the back to get the wall. Thorough...remember?
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Well I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who gets nervous about this kind of thing! My niece can be goofy, but she is a good kid but she just doesn't have a lot of experience driving yet. I think if it had not been to such a busy place we would have said okay. He will survive. Dh and dd just left to pick him up.

I have changed dd's sheets and started the kids' sheets in the washer (I had not done anything with ds's sheets from yesterday yet) and I got another two pages typed up on dd's record book as well as pictures sent in to print for the record books. She really had almost everything she needed written down for me, so that was helpful! I haven't looked at ds's...hopefully he is somewhat prepared or can at least just dictate to me as I type!

I accomplished writing on some pictures, reading my book, watching some hallmark movies & enjoying my porch

Boys got home about 1.5 hours ago. They had a great time!!! Been talking alot since they got home :lo!:
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 20yo ds, 17yo ds

Sounds like a great day, Michelle! I was out on my porch for a while, but left to take the boys swimming.

There were some obnoxious kids at the pool tonight which made it not so fun. They even were in my boys' faces. Uncool. It was just the younger boys and I and I had a flash that R won't even finish out the summer at the pool. My brain knows the dates, but every now and then I realize what the older kids leaving really means. This is going to be a hard transition! Ugh.

5 weeks until launch.

Swim gear is on the line and my hat was sprayed with permithrin which is good. It's still drying.

Enjoy your evening!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).