Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mom's Book Thread ~ Week 28 (July 8th - July 1st - July 14th)

So many interesting books - thanks for the info friends!

Negin, I loved your New Church Ladies review and the quote you selected. In fact, I probably liked the review more than I would like the actual book. I think that I gleaned what I need to know just from your summary! You and I have discussed these topics, and we are definitely in agreement.

I have not started a new book, and have mostly been reading my classroom management book and looking at teacher blogs for ideas as I preplan and frontload my next school year. I am next in line for a fiction book from the library, so I hesitate to start something else since that will automatically download soon.
    ~eclectic homeschooling mom of 3

Kindle book on sale today. Not sure if I would like it or not. Fantasy is not usually my thing.

Last edited by Negin; 07-11-2018 at 07:55 AM.
    "There is no peace that cannot be found in the present moment." - Tasha Tudor

Kindle book on sale today. Kindle book on sale today - the most recent one in the Fannie Flagg - Elmwood Springs books. The correct order is this:

1. Welcome to the World, Baby Girl
    2. Standing in the Rainbow
    3. Can't Wait to Get to Heaven
    4. The Whole Town's Talking - on sale today.

"There is no peace that cannot be found in the present moment." - Tasha Tudor

Quote Originally Posted by JuliaT View Post
    Okay, do I dare admit how many books I read this week? I am very sensitive about how many books I read. People around me often insinuate that I read too much. My mother-in-law told me once that I read way more books in my 10 years of living on the farm than she did in her 40 years and it's because she worked. Ouch! So I always feel I need to justify my numbers. I do not read all day but I do get up extremely early to read before the kids wake up, plus I don't watch tv so my evenings are usually spent with books.
    Okay, I will not defend my numbers any more.
    Julia, NEVER feel that you have to defend your reading. I feel like reading is a noble pursuit. Too often these days, people take the easy way of spending their extra time. Facebook, Twitter, Netflixing for hours...I'm so impressed that you read so many books last week. Keep on turning those pages!!! Sometimes I think that appearing/being busy is like a badge of courage for some people. It's a way of defining oneself, one's worth. Perhaps that is why the busiest people always have time to fit just...one more thing. Sending a hug and a HIGH FIVE!!!
    Michele
    IN THE END, ONLY KINDNESS MATTERS
    Mom to 5 girls and 5 furry kids too
    21 Years Homeschooling and still learning