Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sunday DECLUTTERING!

Default Sunday DECLUTTERING!

This Week's Challenge: Pick a project week! Whatever you'd like to accomplish this week is on deck- could be small or large. Let us know what you are working on so we can cheer you on!

School Challenge: Choose something off of your summer list and work on it!

For me today:
    • breakfast and make snack
    • church and snack duty
    • lyme appt paperwork- send through portal
    • thank you cards- for real
    • printer solution- I need my computer to talk with a printer
    • drink water- walk (which means make my step goal)
    • pool
    • play Catan- with our new Stargate
    • pantry- clean the bottom out
    • read aloud
    • algebra
    • watercolor time
    • blog work- several things on my list and I need a better workflow

Today looks to be another hot day- 87*. Not sure what the dew point is going to do, but that sounds so hot to me. Hopefully, we can keep the house open. I'm sure we'll go to the pool this evening.

First, I need to make waffles and make enough to take to church to serve with strawberries and cream.

Have a great day!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (19 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Good morning!

Waffles with strawberries and cream sounds delicious, Heather!

Our day will be a little different. We're not going to my mom and dad's for lunch because they've been busy clearing tree damage at their old house from the pop up storm we had Friday. So we'll do things here and dh is going to attempt to put a new bumper on his Jeep.

*church
    *pick up photos--forgot about this last night
    *JoAnn
    *record books
    *laundry
    *ironing
    *planning on ds's birthday party

I'll be helping as needed with fair projects, but hopefully that won't be a ton of work on my part so I can keep typing. I am feeling pretty good about what I've gotten done the last couple of days. I want to get these out of the way so I can concentrate on planning for August and September!

Have a great day today, friends!

Jen- I didn't realize your parents still had their old house. That sounds like a lot of work!

So far:
    • cleaned the kitchen- dishes, loaded dishwasher, wiped counters
    • made waffle batter
    • swept the kitchen floor
    • cleaned out the bottom of the pantry- to check for any potatoes gone bad (got rid of some but I don't think they were too bad)
    • hoed out the frig of leftovers
    • put out the kitchen trash
    • emptied the garage can- to the big trash can
    • replaced trash bags in both locations
    • cooked up waffles- totally not going to have enough to take. Going with Plan B. And I'll make a strawberry shortcake for dessert tonight (since the guys were gracious enough to get strawberries for me yesterday)
    • brainstormed printer issue with J
    • started some printer research

Dan is the only one who can print anything. The printer gives the rest of the computers a bogus message- take your pick because there are many reasons it won't work for you. Dan's computer is upstairs and hardwired to a switch in the basement. The rest of us are either hardwired or wirelessly connected to a different switch. But, the switch does other things and those are all operational. It could be the recent Windows 10 update, but Joshua is running Ubuntu which is a Linux OS. Dan also runs Windows 7 refusing to update his OS.

A mystery that is partially solved. It may be the printer is aging. It's six years old. I think I bought it the summer we moved here. If it is the printer getting old, I need to replace it.

Time to run, but I will be thinking on this more!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (19 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Good morning!

Heather, we have computer issues as well - we use Outlook as our email platform and it stopped working early in June. Microsoft has tried to remotely fix it several times with no success.

Jen, I'm sorry to hear about your parents' storm damage.

We got most of the wire up yesterday; enough that we can get the chickens now if we need to. That takes some pressure off. Today I plan to work more on it, and try to make myself go down into the basement and pack some boxes. K is so bummed that there is no soccer to watch today. It's just as well; she won't be home. Our church choir is having a potluck after church today to preview the Christmas musical so she'll be at that, and then probably come home to sleep.

It's beautiful here today so far. Yesterday got so very hot. Hopefully we won't see that again today.

One of the OYANer's is peeling off right now; OYAN good-byes are always so tragic.

Y'all have a great day! Relax and find some fun!
    Robin, wife for 21 years to a wonderful man, and mama to 19yo Belle; 18yo Kitty; 14yo Princess, and 12yo Boyo.
    Words for 2015 and 2016 and probably forever: Be her.

Good morning! Beautiful and sunny and supposed to be in the 80s today. I, unfortunately, feel like I feel down a flight stairs into a train crossing as it went by. My poor body is so sore from yesterday's physical labor.

Heather, we have printer issues here too. Everyone has been using dh's printer because mine is refusing to acknowledge the network since early-May. I need to have it serviced, but the closest place is an hour away. Maybe I can ask Nick to bring it this week.

Jen, sorry f or the storm damage and hope the fair progress continues for an early finish!

Robin, hope the coop gets finished and you can get a bit done in the basement too! Don't forget to relax some!

OYAN users, can you tell me a bit more about it and what's involved in the day to day? I looked at it a long while ago when RJ(miss her so much! ) posted about it, but my boys thought English, and writing in particular, was an ordeal to be endured. Bekah might be more interested in it since she has been self-motivated to write a few short stories. Not tons, but a few.

Today's list:
    -tried to sleep in late, but Josh refused that
    -wallowed in bed late Surfed internet, watched a few youtube videos, etc.
    -breakfast is done
    -chores are being done
    -need to figure out a meal plan for the day
    -thinking about taking my hammock out for a bit
    -hoping to get one or two items on my list done, haven't decided yet. So far, porch tidy/organization is ahead in the mental running.

Have a great day and enjoy!
    Shay, wife to Rod and mom to Nathaniel(23), Benjamin(20), Nicholas(18), Rebekah(16), Julianne(11), Jonathan(8)and Joshua(3)

Good morning, all

Heather -- when's the next Lyme appointment? When you head up that way next week?

Jen -- so sorry your parents have having to clean up debris at their old house. ARe they trying to sell it? My parents are still trying to sell their "old" house, too. Draining.....

Robin -- hope lunch at church at Christmas musical picks go well

Shay -- my girls have thoroughly enjoyed OYAN. Cale is begging me NOT to make him do it I usually start it in 8th, but he won't be doing it next year. He'll do Cover Story next year and probably won't do OYAN at all. Not his thing. OYAN walks you through what makes a good novel a good novel -- character development, plot twists, dialogue, etc. and has you outline a novel. Then 2nd semester, you write said novel. Katie was not thrilled about spending a semester writing everything out and outlining and then having to spend 2nd semester actually writing it I told her outlining is part of the game. And, as she's done her own "real" book writing -- she uses the OYAN methods but plots in a short amount of time. But, you have to learn. I think it's a fabulous tool/program if you have a kid who is interested in it

Here:
    * so last night I apparently succumbed to the virus I never threw up, but in the midst of making supper suddenly got extremely nauseous. I then fought nausea for a couple of hours -- finally just crawled in bed (maybe about 7?) and fell asleep. I woke up from about 830-930 and then slept all night. That's unheard of. Today I don't feel nauseous, just have a headache and some body aches. UGH. Hopefully it'll be as short-lived as everyone else's.
    -- Needless to say, I'm home from church (with Katie who's having some girl issues.... every now and then it's bad). Dh took the other kids on to church.

Think I'm just going to be low-key today.
    * I did just put a roast in the IP for lunch. I "thought" I'd made plenty for supper last night -- wound up making chicken cutlets. Well, everyone loves chicken cutlet, and apparently Cale ate enough for 2 or 3 people, so there's not enough for another meal That boy is eating like CRAZY (and growing like crazy!!!). He's grown at least 3 inches since January!!!
    * I printed out the Tree Lady digital unit -- trying to get plans together for next year for Ben. Well, at least I'm starting them I do much better when everything is laid out for the year
    * I'm probably going to sew some
    * I need to work on finishing up school paperwork from last year, but don't know that I want to do that today.
    * laundry's already going.

That's about it.
    Ya'll have a great Sunday!
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

The old house is a lot of work...they still have some stuff in it, but obviously not things they really need. They're not in a huge hurry to sell it as it's been paid off for years, but of course there's still insurance, etc. and just the pain of having it. But it's hard to deal with when they still work full time and there's so much to do at their new place, too. It has some settling issues so they're hoping to do and as is cash sale to someone who is willing to renovate. It was built around 1975 and has had some remodeling and updating done, but that has been about 20 years ago now, so...

*went to church
    *picked up pictures at Walgreen's
    *stopped by Neighborhood Market for a few things for the next few days

I'm going to get lunch started and then I'll run back to pick up dd from church. We'll have to assess our crafting needs after lunch and then go to JoAnn.

Paige -- hope you feel better soon!! Know what you mean about boys eating! They hit that stage and you have to cook like feeding an army!

Shay -- hope your soreness goes away soon.

Robin -- WAY to GO on chicken wire & boxes

Jen -- are your parents trying to sell old place or keeping it? Hope you can get a Lot accomplished today.

Heather -- waffles, strawberries & cream Yay for partially solving mystery.

Speaking of RJ ....has anyone heard from her? Did she just stop coming around? She was here then I had some issues, came back and she was gone.I

Anyone heard from Cari lately?

So far:
    • bbq in crockpot
    • laundry load 3 washing
    • emptied dish drainer
    • washed sink full dishes
    • gathered some random bigger trash items and took out to can
    • took can to road -- it was stinky

Was heading to sit on porch but it was hot...already feel like 92. I am hoping it was just where I got warm up moving around. Have sat and cooled a bit. Will try again in a few mins.

Rest of day:
    • monitor ds2 back
    • finish laundry
    • cut up watermelon
    • decide what to do with squash & cukes
    • double check fridge...anything that needs to be trashed goes
    • make sure all trash gets to road
    • find clothes for tomorrow
    • clean bathrooms
    • vacuum
    • work on pictures

Both dss got stung by a wasp yesterday. They said it stung ds2 then flew over and got ds1 (next to each other).
    Ds1 has no reaction.
    Ds2 my rash boy is having a reaction. Reaction similar to what he has with skeeter bites (swelling, redness & heat). This has that plus a rashy (hive) look too. So monitoring him.

Hope y'all have a GREAT Sunday!!
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 20yo ds, 17yo ds

Michelle, they are going to sell it. They haevn't put it up yet but they've had a couple of people ask to see it already so hopefully when they are ready, a buyer will be, too!

I picked up dd and then we had lunch. Just finished up and the kitchen is cleaned up, too. I also got a load of laundry done and one more ready to go later on.

Dh just mentioned maybe having his parents here for dinner. Not sure I actually have anything to feed 6 people, but I'll see what I can do if they do come!

Michelle- RJ is around on FB as is Cari. Her daughter is home for summer break from the middle east. RJ is still doing dog training.

Shay- If your daughter enjoys stories and writing, I think she will enjoy OYAN. It's a great creative writing elective and the videos are superb.

Jen- Good luck with record books! It is enough for us to be entering items into the fair. No record books for us! Though two weeks ago at fair prep night, they were talking about record books and one woman, who owns a Montessori school, was like you need to accommodate for an electronic version. To which I said, I agree! And then she reminded me that I had been vocal about this at club leaders meeting last summer. One to which I was convinced to go and then realize it was club leaders. :eye: I'm just a parent to independents, but I did voice my opinion loudly on several topics. One of those things was record books. I simply said, my kids already do so much documentation of their work. I'm not going to make them do an arbitrary scrapbook just for 4-H. If they had a way to collect blogs, etc that would be different. But, if you know anything about me and our homeschool it's that my kids are not doing random busy work and that's what I would consider a record book- no matter how sentimental any of my kids are! Give me something authentic around the task and it's a different story, but the format is forced and unforgiving. Not a good match for us.

Paige- The appts are Wed. We leave Tuesday for Maryland and we are traveling on Cow Appreciation Day! This will be our first. Wed is he appt day for both boys, but we'll be heading into the city in the afternoon. Thursday we go out to WV to see my mom and take her to Blackwater Falls. Friday we'll stay in Maryland and enjoy a real, deal crab feast- a first for our kids! They simply must experience their Maryland heritage. Saturday we return.

Since earlier:
    • grabbed bagels- headed to church
    • did some drawing during the sermon- I super love my new field journal. It's perfect for small paintings.
    • did snack duty
    • chatted with dh
    • checked in on bathing suit progress- she hopes to be done for the pool tonight! Let's hope the elastic in the leg holes goes really well.
    • gave R bag instructions- and a pen to size it up (for my second zip pouch) The first one is short enough that only microns can go in easily.
    • picked up my training case project- I will finish the hand sewing on it so I can have it! R stopped long ago and it is only a binding that needs to be hand sewn.
    • started researching new printers- mine is six years old. I looked on the Canon site and it's only listed as compatible through windows 8. I'm betting the newest Windows 10 update is at least partially involved with the issue.
    • took the swim gear off the line- should have done it long ago
    • set myself up on the POH- it's nice and quiet, but the neighbors may be starting their building project again which involves two circular saws. Sigh. I hope they are past the cutting stage!

It's GLORIOUS out here! Dan washed our Tilley hats and sprayed them with permithrin last night. This afternoon mine is still on a watering can on the table where it was drying. There are dead insects on the table. Yup- my hat is fully charged!

In a few minutes, I will be taking E to work. He's out of bus rides on his card, so I'll take him.