Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sunday DECLUTTERING!

Hello Ladies,

We are on our way home. We decided to leave a day early because I got word that my friend Michelle isnít doing well. I
    think I mentioned her here a while ago. The cancer has spread and she doesnít have much time left. When we left, she seemed to be doing better. Thank God she isnít in pain. Please pray we can get home in time. We were supposed to see a friend in Columbus who lost his wife last year. She had transverse myelitis like ds18 has and got trapped in a fire. So tragic. Donít know what to do- hope we will get an update on Michelle.

The trip was good. Lots of good memories made - bittersweet as I think was my momís last trip out here. Iím glad we made it happen for her! Cousins had fun together. Wish we lived closer.

Once Home, my goal will be to get groceries and plan a menu- itís lean at home. Need to finish the painting in ds14ís room and organize both boysí rooms.

Hope you are all doing well!
    Start by doing what is necessary, then do what is possible , and suddenly you are doing the impossible. St. Francis of Assisi
    Phrase 2014: Engage, Embrace, Enjoy

Heather- printers just donít last. Glad you have good weather! Howís work going for E?

Jen- Iím sure youíll come up with a great dinner!

Michelle- I hope your rash boy heals. Ds14 has a weird rash on his wrist. Just told us this morning heís had it off and on for over two weeks?!?

Paige- are you feeling better?

- - - Updated - - -

Shay- maybe a bath is in order!

- - - Updated - - -

Robin- good job on the chicken coop prep!
    Start by doing what is necessary, then do what is possible , and suddenly you are doing the impossible. St. Francis of Assisi
    Phrase 2014: Engage, Embrace, Enjoy

Amy- Six years was a good run for our printer! I'm mostly concerned with what we will replace it with. They still sell the same one, but I'm hesitant in case it's a Windows 10 compatibility issue. I'm sorry to hear about your friend. I hope your drive is a smooth one and you have wisdom about the extra stop. E's job is going well. He sometimes gets worn out, but he's stuck to it even when he'd rather not.

Robin- I hope the coop gets finished the way you want it.

Since earlier:
    • took E to work
    • ran in to get a Coke
    • ran into a hs group friend and talked for 45 minutes- I was being social!
    • back out to the POH
    • started sewing the binding on this bag- R made it and didn't finish all of the binding. I'm doing binding on the inside of the bottom of the bag.
    • got dinner going- bbq pulled pork from the freezer, along with fried up steamed potatoes and a veggie
    • dh has painted the closet (forgot about that one), touched up wall paint, and scrubbed our shower door down with Bar Keeper's Friend.

I guess he'll replace the caulk when the door is dry.

The weather could not be better on the POH today and it's nice and clean. I swept it out and washed the siding. It looks amazing! Washing siding is very satisfying. Second only to pressure washing, I think. We get to do that in the fall! We'll be washing and treating the POH.

After dinner, it'll be time for the pool. Then this evening I will work on the cards. Right now, I'm going to keep sewing this binding. It's thick in some areas, but I'm in the home stretch. I'll share pictures. The fabric is gorgeous!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Back from the pool!

Saw an old homeschooling friend who's been long retired from the gig. That was fun.

It would seem that there are a lot of parents out there who have survived launching children. I am super glad of the reminders right now!

R has made some strawberry shortcake for us to enjoy- at my suggestion. I knew she'd accept the offer.

Swim gear has been hung and I'm enjoying the POH. Though, I'm about to get my hat freshly charged because it's buggy out here! I saw dead insects on the table with my hat earlier today, so I know it's good for it.
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend, Amy! Praying for safe travels for you all. I'm glad you guys could make this happen for your mom!

Heather, I have mixed feelings about the record books, too, but they are the way to awards and at some point possible scholarships here, so we plug on. Really, it's mostly just keeping up with it, which our leader helps out with by giving us sheets listing all the things we've done as a club and which category they go in. I got a lot filled in on dd's. The only real things left are her learning experiences/what I learned pages, which she has already dictated to me, so it's just a matter of organizing and typing and then her 4H story, which she hasn't done yet, but we can walk through that fairly easily I think. Last words... And then ds's. Hopefully that will go smoothly, too! We may actually be done by the end of the week--that is my hope!

We went to the store and got some things then I got some more laundry done when we got back.

Instead of ironing I mowed the front and the back yards because it actually didn't feel too bad out there and we have stuff the next couple of nights.

Dh is still out there with his dad trying to figure out the new bumper.

Jen- Oh right...the award trips. One of them is to the state capitol. We did that with our homeschool group and my kids HATED it. Meet with reps, etc...they did it and did not like it at all and we combed that dumb office building and spoke to every assembly person we could. Some of the awards are pizza parties and other dumb stuff. So, given that my kids would never go to DC, etc with 4-H they are good without doing record books. It did not prevent R from doing the national horticulture contest last year. As for scholarships, I'm unsure of what the qualifications are for that. It may or may not require records books here. However, in R's case, we stopped her from spending time on scholarships because it in no way helps her costs or ours. It only reduces the aid she gets from the school. Wait till you all enjoy the FAFSA and fun rules of college finances. Zero incentive to get her own money.

I hope the process is smooth sailing for you- it sounds like you are getting it done early. Great work!

Ok...I did not last long on the POH. I got bitten a few too many times.

Almost done sewing the binding on my little train case. This would be fun to make with a water proof lining or entirely out of a waterproof material. I plan to use it for journaling tools. I'll have to see what fits in it when I finish it. I found the most exquisite fabric for the job and Rebecca embroidered a design on it that matches the theme.

Looks like our plans to see The Incredibles II tomorrow night is falling through. I hope it'll still be in theaters next week. Sigh.