Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Monday DECLUTTERING

Default Monday DECLUTTERING

This Week's Challenge: Common areas- any space used by your whole family. Bathrooms, kitchens, laundry areas, family rooms, etc.

School Challenge: Book challenge- read alouds, rearrange books, organize shelves, library business, etc.

Inspiring Thought: Great things are done by a series of small things brought together. —Vincent Van Gogh

For me today:
    • work drop and errands- pick up caulk for Dan and stop by the grocery store
    • get lyme paperwork done and sent
    • assess and do laundry- so we can pack (probably just a few things from everyone)
    • pack
    • call podiatrist- get an appt for I16
    • choose a card design- maybe bring materials on the trip. I do things like that in the car while driving.
    • watercolor time
    • charge devices- make sure everyone does the same
    • tidy the kitchen
    • finish my bag- just three more inches of whip stitch left!
    • algebra
    • pool?- we may go this afternoon if people want to (it will be our last chance until Sunday)
    • blog work

Today is get ready day. We've settled on taking my mom out on Thursday. Friday we are set for having a good old fashioned Maryland crab feast! I'm excited for my kids to experience their Maryland heritage. We haven't had steamed crabs in ages! Dan and I are looking forward to this. But first, we must get down there and drive into downtown DC on Wednesday afternoon. We usually do morning appts, but this is what was available to us for both boys, so it may take us time to get out of the city when we're finished. DC rush hour begins about 2-3pm.

It's going to be hot today- 90*, but the dew point appears to be staying low. Yesterday was no trouble at all. Let's hope today is the same and that when we return, the house won't be roasting since it will be hot all week.

Have a great day!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Good morning!

Heather, I hope all of the trip prep goes smoothly!

Lots of stuff to do today...
    *ironing--at least a couple of items
    *cut sham fabric for ds
    *help dd pack her things--my parents will pick her up from sewing and she'll spend the night there so she doesn't have to go to the swim meet
    *painting place
    *dd to sewing class
    *library
    *swim meet
    *hall bathroom
    *guest bathroom
    *clean out fridges

And of course, record books if there is time. Many of the awards for our county are cash, so the kids are always interested in that. Once they get to the upper levels, though, many of the awards require a county and state record book. We didn't tackle the state one this year, but maybe next year...

Have a great day today, friends!

Good Monday Morning!

HeatherW-- I hope you all have a great trip. Can you park out and take the train into DC for the appointments? That would seem a whole lot less stressful than driving in and out. Enjoy all the fun stuff you have planned with the family. It looks like the heat won't be as bad as earlier since the nights look like they will be cooling off significantly and the dew points are reasonable. Have a great time!

I'm back to tutoring for the next 3 weeks. Otherwise, we are just hanging out and hopefully we'll get in some little things here and there. We haven't done much of anything this summer. I've enjoyed it, but I think ds11 is starting to get bored with mostly hanging around the house. We were hoping to do some "local" camping trips. Dh has talked about it but hasn't really set anything in stone. We'll have to discuss that.

So far:
    • email management and some reading
    • cleared the dish drainer and the sink
    • hanging out on the social media

As you can see, not much has been accomplished yet. I was going to go do my WM shopping since I couldn't go on Saturday. Erica was here for the weekend because it was her best friend's bridal shower and she's the maid of honor. So she had me going with her to do a bunch of things Saturday morning, then the shower, then the clean up afterwards. So we were busy with that from 10am - 4:30pm. Whew! I seriously did not expect it to go down that way, but it was good to spend the day together.

For TODAY:
    • pay some bills
    • gather up things for tutoring and pack my bag
    • pick up living room
    • tidy up main bathroom
    • tidy up the kitchen counters
    • tutoring
    • what's for supper?

Nothing exciting for us today. The weather looks nice all week though. Upper 80's but nice lows at nighttime.
    Dh has a funeral this morning and another one tomorrow, so those are keeping him busy. Also, if you could pray that he finds his car keys. He lost them yesterday, somewhere here at home. He's looked everywhere. He's not the best at looking, and I haven't searched yet, but will do that while I pick up/tidy up. If it's not his keys, it's his wallet or his phone. Sigh.

Have a great day!

ETA: The keys have been found! Dh just went to take his stuff to the car. They were IN THE CAR! He has no idea why he put them inside the middle arm rest, but at least he found them.
    Last edited by CINDY LB OH; 07-09-2018 at 09:14 AM.
    Wife to Pastor Tim and Mom to April (graduate), Erica (graduate), Jacob (graduate), and Jesse (5th gr).

I had a nice relaxing Saturday with a visit from one of our very first interns that now lives and teaches at a private school in Tokyo. Yesterday we had 2 different guest speakers. One was a fellow missionary family that stayed for lunch and didn't leave until 5 pm. We had a good time talking.

Today I went in to Tokyo with Addie for a missionary ladies lunch. A retired missionary to Japan was back for a short trip, so we got together to catch up with her. She specializes in MK education, so I was able to talk with her about my kids. She has some high school curriculum that she is going to mail me. She also might be able to do some special needs testing for my kids when she comes back next summer (she has a PhD in Educational Psychology).

I ran to the store on my way home and then dh & I made waffles with fruit, eggs, and bacon for all the interns (we currently have 6). Then 4 of them came up and cleaned my kitchen while I folded laundry.

That's it for me today. Have a great Monday ladies!

- - - Updated - - -

Heather, sounds like a good plan.
    Jen, I want to get my kids doing some reading this summer.
    Cindy, Hooray for better weather! Praying for the lost keys!
    Lindsey Carter
    Wife to Chris for 19 years and Mom to Wesley 15, Adelaide 14 and Hudson 11

Good morning, all It's MONDAY! Time just flies.....

Heather -- hope all the trip prep goes well and that the trip itself is good!

Lindsey -- nice to catch up with friends

Cindy -- short camping trips would be fun! Hope that works out! and on tutoring -- hope it goes well!

Jen -- Nice that your dd gets some along gparent time and doesn't have to go to the swim meet Win/win!

Here:
    * K's at work
    * getting ready to take M. to teach piano to the girls she's been working with (it's going well!). My friend, the mom, asked if she'd be willing to occasionally stay and help clean, help with schoolwork, etc. for a few hours. YES! She's definitely willing and is exciting about making some spending money! Today's the first day for that. She should be home about 1230 (my friend is bringing her home).
    * Cale's getting ready to do some weed-eating.
    * Ben's still asleep. -- nope, just woke up
    * I'm going to try to finish up school reports today.
    * maybe sew some (almost 1/2 way finished with my quilt )
    * laundry and laundry and laundry -- somehow it's overflowing, and I have 3 loads to fold......
    * organize some school stuff

That's about it.
    Gotta run!
    Ya'll have a great day!
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

Prayers for family friends & our family today please.

A family friend passed away. The funeral is today.

My family will be going in separate directions today.
    Dh & ds1 working
    Ds2 going to dr appointment with Gramps today (just as sidekick so Gramps doesn't have to go alone) an hour from here.
    Mama & I are going to the funeral. It's over 2 hours from here and we have no idea where we are going.

Dh set the gps but I think mama is still a little nervous. And I know she is upset. This person was a good friend of my brother and my mom's friends son.
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 20yo ds, 17yo ds

Good Morning Ladies,

I only have a minute, but will try to catch up with the thread later!

We got back last night and we were all so tired! and slept in this morning.

Ashlyn has a dance practice at 11 today and I will try to go to the grocery store during that time. She has a competition on Saturday.

HW - I hope your trip prep goes well!

Leslie - How nice that you got to chat with someone that understands your situation and can help!

Cindy - How nice that you got to spend the day with Erica! Praying the car keys turn up soon!

Jen - Hi!
    Loving, learning, and living in central VA with my adventurous husband of 14 years and our three children.

Heather, hope the trip prep goes well!

Jen, I hope your day goes smoothly as you tackle your list!

Cindy, we are supposed to go local "camping" too. Haven't set a date yet though. sigh... Praying those keys are found!

Lindsey, sounds like a good weekend visiting!

So, yesterday, dh and I both forgot it was our anniversary until Bekah texted us. We both looked at each sheepishly. Dh had to work on his car for a bit and then decided to run out for some steaks for dinner. He came back with a cake too. LOL It was mostly a lazy day. I assembled some outside storage containers for the porch stuff, but that was as far as I got. Dh puttered in the garage. The kids all played games or watched tv. Ben prepped the steaks with a rub and washed potatoes. I did the rest. We grilled "onion roasted potatoes" to keep the house cool and it worked much better that expected! Tasted great and it's my new summer cooking method for them. Also steamed corn on the cob on the grill side burner, and then grilled the steaks after the potatoes were done. And had cake for dessert.

Today is sunny and supposed to get to 90.
    -breakfast done
    -chores almost done
    -Ben is mowing and will mulch the areas we weeded yesterday
    -Nick and Rod are replacing window sills at the other house. Several were severely rotted.
    -porch clean-up
    -pantry shelves
    -fridges need to be cleaned, ugh
    -finish Nick's English grade
    -maybe freezers? All been thawed and cleaned, now to re-organize so I can find stuff.
    -dinner, need a plan. Probably should do that sooner. I'm guessing something grilled. If I have buns, then I'm going with burgers/brats.

I was interrupted, but managed to finish and post without forgetting completely! Woohoo!

Have a great day, ladies!
    Shay, wife to Rod and mom to Nathaniel(23), Benjamin(20), Nicholas(18), Rebekah(16), Julianne(11), Jonathan(8)and Joshua(4)

Hello Ladies,

Shay- happy belated anniversary! Sounds like it was a great, restful day!

Lindsey- how nice that you could get together with one of your first interns! Hope your friend can help with testing your kids!

Jen- hope the 4h prep goes well and that the kids can win some cash awards

Michelle- prayers for your friend and his family. Prayers for all of you as well! I hope the drive with your mom goes smoothly.

Heather- prayers for your trip, the appointments, and time with your mom! Hope all goes well.
    Start by doing what is necessary, then do what is possible , and suddenly you are doing the impossible. St. Francis of Assisi
    Phrase 2014: Engage, Embrace, Enjoy

Paige- what a great job for your dd! Perfect

Cindy- glad the keys were found! We have a joke at our house. If someone says they have misplaced something, we ask “Do you know where you were last using it?” . The kids don’t get why I ask that question, but it helps to retrace steps. They say if they knew where they last used the item, it wouldn’t have been lost.

We stayed near Allentown last night. Dh wanted to take us to the Treasury for a tour in West Virginia, but we are skipping and just meeting the people he worked with for dinner. He used to make a lot of trips to the Treasury. Figure we need to eat dinner anyway, so we won’t lose time. Still not sure about meeting our friend in Columbus. Maybe for a quick stop? We want to get home by Wednesday. Praying Michelle will be well enough for me to come over - if not, it will be okay. So hard, I’m sure they want there time alone.

Hope you all have a good day! It’ll be good to get home.
    Start by doing what is necessary, then do what is possible , and suddenly you are doing the impossible. St. Francis of Assisi
    Phrase 2014: Engage, Embrace, Enjoy