Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Monday DECLUTTERING

Cindy- We have done the metro before, but it's not a great idea. The DC Metro is not really all that reliable right now (aging system) and we drive six hours for these appts. The closest metro stop is several blocks from the dr's building and that will tap out my kids- especially the sick one/s. I am hopeful our favorite parking attendant will be there to greet us in the afternoon just like he does in the morning.

One of the last times we went, we did the museum after the appts and left DC in the afternoon. We made it ok. It's not that hard to drive in the city. It just takes time- especially since we've done it so many times now.

Camping Trips
    - I hope you get to schedule some in. We are sticking with shorter trips from now on and we plan to eat out more! So, it's more like a vacation!

Lindsey- What a great resource you were able to meet with!

AR- Good luck on your reentry. Did you have a nice time at the lake?

Michelle- Praying you have a good drive for the service. Sorry to hear about your friend.

Shay- Happy Anniversary!

Jen- I'm not sure I'm familiar with state record books. 4-H...such a racket!

So far:
    • work drop
    • podiatrist's office- was going by so I stopped in to see about my foot pad and the appt. The foot thing is on back order. Stink!
    • staples- checked out printers, bought pen refills and some frixion pens on sale
    • lowe's- picked up the materials dh needs to finish his project
    • grocery store- to get a few items for dinner tonight, lunch tomorrow, and still have a bit when we return. Plus, a few travel snacks.
    • groceries in and away
    • talked to kids about the trip- someone is already melting at driving into WV. Sigh. This is not going to be easy.
    • started a conversation about our drop off trip to Purdue- not going to be easy and I'm not talking about leaving a kid there.

I asked about laundry, but no one responded with important information. I'm going to try again momentarily. I'll get that washing and the kids packing before making my next move. I hope to get enough done to leave in a more relaxed state tomorrow.
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (19 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

-- Amy -- meant to comment earlier -- I'm so sorry about your friend Praying ya'll can make it home in time!

Here:
    * I've been sidetracked Been dealing with coop money -- one person's enrollment check bounced, and they submitted it twice Now I had to figure out the mess of the bank statement (and talk to the bank) and talk to the lady and ...... it seems like it's been ages....

* meanwhile, a friend of Cale's has come over -- they've had lunch, are about to swim, and then all the boys are meeting the neighbor boys at the creek.
    *. M should be home soon and then she has friends coming over at 1 or 130.

Hopping.....
    I feel like I've accomplished nothing (except coop money). UGH!
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

Good morning! It's a beautiful day here but already shaping up to be hot.

Heather, I hope you enjoy your time with your mom.

Jen, how fun that she's spending the night at the grandparents. I used to love doing that.

Cindy, I'm glad y'all found the keys!

Lindsey, I'm glad you had such a relaxing Saturday.

Paige, Good for Maddie!

Michelle, I'm sorry for your family's loss.

AR , Sleeping in is a very good thing.

Shay, happy anniversary!

Amy, yes, it's good to get home.

Today, I went with DH to drop Belle's car; it needs new tires and alignment. Got home about 6:30, showered and dressed and cooked breakfast, and got the call that I needed to be at our rental for a dishwasher delivery. Ran over there, did some telephone work while that was happening. Came home and finished attaching the chicken wire to the side of the coop. Restained that table top; it looks much better. Belle's friend Quinn came over to take her and her OYAN friends sightseeing, so I visited with him a bit. Then, I checked my doTERRA order and made sure I got everyone's items; checking with a customer to confirm her order.

Now, I'm making the menu for the week and the associated grocery store / Costco list. In a bit, I'll run out and do my errands. Here they are:

-Used Book Store for my mom;
    -Coscto
    -Murdoch's for chicken feed
    -hardware store for more wire staples
    -grocery store
    -drop a package at the post office

I have one phone call to make before I head out. When I get back, I am going to go down to the dreaded basement and pack boxes. Yay. But today's a good day - I have a lot of energy and am feeling like it's possible.

Have a wonderful day!
    Robin, wife for 21 years to a wonderful man, and mama to 19yo Belle; 18yo Kitty; 14yo Princess, and 12yo Boyo.
    Words for 2015 and 2016 and probably forever: Be her.

Angela- hope prep for the dance competition goes well! Is she in ballet? I loved tap and ballet

Robin- glad you have the energy for the basement today. You can do it!

Well, I tried practicing knitting using a beginners book my son got me. I think I’ll look for a YouTube video.

We are enjoying the mountains- we don’t have those in MN

Lisa- hope all is well with you!
    Start by doing what is necessary, then do what is possible , and suddenly you are doing the impossible. St. Francis of Assisi
    Phrase 2014: Engage, Embrace, Enjoy

Since earlier:
    • finished sewing my bag
    • got everyone to assess their laundry & start packing
    • washed a load of laundry
    • hung out the laundry
    • took E to work
    • took R to JoAnn Fabrics- to get her some fabric for making clothes. The big sale was a little lame.
    • checked in with dh- on his work departure time
    • pulled shrimp from the freezer- probably going to make it tonight

I think next up I will work on lyme paperwork. I need to get that in today and it shouldn't take me longer than the time before getting dh. I hope!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (19 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Stopping in before we head to the swim meet....

*did some ironing
    *got dd packed
    *read to the kids
    *went to the ceramics place
    *grabbed lunch
    *stopped by my mom and dad's office to drop dd's overnight stuff
    *dropped dd at sewing--just across the parking lot from my mom and dad's office
    *Walmart--got some posterboard and rawhides and headphones--the essentials.
    *library
    *got pillow sham fabric ready

Heather, it's really interesting how different 4H is from state to state and even county to county in some places. Here there is no such thing as individual 4Hers; you must be in a club. Our club meets every week during the school year, but most clubs meet once or twice a month, so there's still some variety even from club to club. But as long as the kids are learning and having a good time, I think it's good. We have had a lot of unique opportunities through our club, but it's not for everyone. Though I think some of the problems some clubs here have had is from homeschoolers wanting their club to be a very specific way. Ours is not a homeschool club and I think it's been a good experience for my kids to have kids in the club they don't necessarily like to be around or work with. Because there are certainly going to be those people in the work place...

Time to head to the pool. This is an outside meet, so I hope it's not unbearable.

Jen, I think 4H stuff from state to state, just like school and college stuff from state to state, is interesting -- the variances are incredible!
    Hope the meet isn't too hot!

Well, I've continued with my "pretty much of nothing" afternoon
    I briefly talked to my friend Tracie
    then I called my Mama and talked to her for over an hour -- we hadn't talked in days! It was good to catch up.

Went and fed the pigs a treat They were thrilled to see me!
    Went and cut two eggplants and researched a "side" recipe -- I'm doing roasted eggplant with sautéed onions and shredded cheese on top. Sounds yummy -- I've salted them and added garlic. We'll see what the verdict is.

Discussed an anthropology assignment with Katie -- she has to write a proposal on which culture she would study if she were an anthropologist, the questions she would ask, how she would go about learning about it, etc. She's decided to go back in time and if she could "interview" the royals during the Russian Revolution and learn about them and their culture and if ANY of them would have "listened" to the peasants if they had only known.....

Gotta run -- I'm also pan frying okra....
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

Hello Ladies.

Our power went out at 2pm and it is still out. I think it got messed up by the road construction.
    I managed to make dinner, but hope it comes on soon! Besides being hot, we don’t have water without electricity since we are on a well.

Re-entry is going okay.
    I had a nice time at the lake, but by Saturday (day 4) I find it hard to stay pleasant. All the little things start to bother me, plus I was really tired!

Amy -Ashlyn takes Irish dance lessons.

Hw - it has been so hot here, I hope you stay cool during your visit. Praying for your trip!

- - - Updated - - -

Amy -for knitting look up “Marly Bird” on YouTube. She has some great beginning videos in which she teaches her mom to knit.

- - - Updated - - -

Robin -sounds like a busy day! I hope you get to those boxes.

Cindy -so glad he found the keys.

My phone battery is low....gotta go!
    Loving, learning, and living in central VA with my adventurous husband of 14 years and our three children.

I had a post with responses earlier, but got up and walked away and lost my train of thought!

Update:
    • did some printer research- sent links to dh
    • did the lyme paperwork and sent it
    • picked up dh
    • went to the pool
    • picked E from work
    • made dinner- super late
    • pulled dry clothes in off the line
    • hung out the swim gear
    • J tried updating the printer driver on my laptop- didn't work because it can't find the printer. Yet, my laptop says my printer is there.
    • watched a stargate with everyone
    • hung out and talked about the trip together- Dan described in detail an authentic Maryland crab feast. The kids are going to be so grossed out!
    • got everyone ushered to bed

This printer thing is not working out. Blerg!

Now I'm ready to turn in. Dh told the kids that they didn't have to get up super early, but they couldn't get up at we're going to be late for church time either. hahahaha