Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tuesday DECLUTTERING!

Default Tuesday DECLUTTERING!

This Week's Challenge: Common areas- any space used by your whole family. Bathrooms, kitchens, laundry areas, family rooms, etc.

School Challenge: Book challenge- read alouds, rearrange books, organize shelves, library business, etc.

Inspiring Thought:
    “Nothing is more deceitful," said Darcy, "than the appearance of humility. It is often only carelessness of opinion, and sometimes an indirect boast.”

For me today:
    • blog work- got an email to do!
    • pack meds
    • pack stuff- including some games
    • put together snacks
    • make sure kids have all their things
    • clean the kitchen- and make breakfast plus lunch
    • buy applesauce cups- for a med I16 takes
    • get cow outfits together- dh is motivated by free food for his family of six
    • head out

Our plan is to eat CFA for dinner near the PA/MD border.

This morning we'll finish getting ready and head on out. I would appreciate prayers for our travel today and all week! We have a lot of driving to do on this trip- 6 hours today, about 3-4 tomorrow, more than 7 on Thursday. We get a break on Friday and Saturday is 6 to home. As you know, we do not travel well. At all. Please pray especially for Joshua who has migraine issues when we drive and will need special prayers heading into WV on Thursday. Thanks!

Have a fabulous day!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (19 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Heather -- praying for yall & safe travels!!
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 20yo ds, 17yo ds

Thank y'all for prayers yesterday.

Ds1 had a rough day at work. There was a mishap that messed things up. Nothing he did.

Ds1 said the trip to dr and home was good. They stopped and are cracker barrel on the way home. That made ds2 happy
    Gramps stopped by our house and ds2 changed into mowing clothes and then they went to mama's and mowed. Later Gramps brought ds2 home.
    Ds1 was home when they 1st came home but he didn't go with them. Which is off but I think ds1 was hot and tired.

Mama and I got home last night about 9pm. We had no trouble on the trip either way. Mama drove until the city before the BIG city then she to!d me I could drive
    We found the church with no problems.
    We were not going to the reception after but mama's friend kept asking her to. It was just down the street so we went for awhile.
    I got to visit with my old friend too.

I drove farther back home (out of the BIG city and the 2 biggish cities) before we stopped to eat and then mama drove.

Her vehicle (Chevy Traverse) drives really good!!

I enjoyed the time with mama. We talked the whole way going and coming home (no radio). I also enjoyed seeing my old friend. I just hate the circumstance of why this trip.
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 20yo ds, 17yo ds

Good morning!

Praying for safe travels and a good visit for all of you, Heather!

So it was pretty unbearable at the meet last night. 97* sitting in full sun. There was no seating but thankfully I had my lawn chair in my trunk. If they had started a couple of hours later it wouldn't have been so bad. But ds won his freestyle race and had a good time, and it's the only outdoor meet all year, so that's good! When we got home we all had to rotate through the showers (dh had been doing yard work) and then ds worked on fair stuff until late and I read. Never got to the bathrooms of the fridges.

Today is a loooooong day.
    *pack lunches
    *clean guest bathroom--I spilled my drink in there this morning while I was getting ready, so I guess I'd better make sure I get to it!
    *clean out fridges
    *print out scavenger hunt lists
    *bakery--check on when I need to get macarons for ds's party tonight
    *dd to gardening class
    *ds to swim team
    *Hobby Lobby--need to get more thread
    *Mardel--laminate poster (which means I need to print the little clover to put on there first!)
    *ds to library activity--my friend will meet us at swimming to take him
    *dd to sewing--at the same time as the library, but in the opposite direction
    *pick up macarons
    *pick up dd
    *dd to gymnastics
    *ds's birthday party--1 month late!
    *trash and recycling out

I'll literally be going from one activity to the next all day long! On the bright side, I'm hoping to finish my audio book in there somewhere as well as my regular book since once I get to these things (with the exception of the party) all I have to do is sit. And it should be fun, so that will help. And we get to stay home tomorrow except for taking ds to the library in the evening to volunteer.

Have a great day today, friends!

- - - Updated - - -

Michelle, I'm glad you got some good time with your mom yesterday!

Good Morning!
    Another nice summer day on tap. A little on the warmer side with a high of 88*F/97*, but nothing like that previous heat wave. We'll be getting back into the low 60's tonight. All is well.

HeatherW-- Have a great trip! I'd want free food from CfA too. We have them all over the place here, but rarely ever go because they've gotten so expensive.

Michelle-- Great avatar pic! Did you just put that up, or was I being unobservant?

So far:
    • email management and reading... had lots of catching up to do, plus decluttered a couple more subscriptions
    • caught up on instagram... I have lots of foodie people I follow over there and I love their stories, plus a fun-loving art teacher who I like too... it's just fun

For the rest of TODAY:
    • WM shopping around 10am with ds11
    • tutor lessons
    • what's for supper?
    • table piles/paper organizing (all week long)
    • reorganize homeschool cabinet in living room (all week long)
    • +all those small things that need to be done or they get out of control, like kitchen counters, etc

Ds11 informed me last night we were going to go to WM at 8am this morning, so he set his alarm for 7am. He came to the living room when his alarm went off! He's now sleeping on the couch. I knew we wouldn't be leaving that early.

Enjoy your day!
    Wife to Pastor Tim and Mom to April (graduate), Erica (graduate), Jacob (graduate), and Jesse (4th gr).

It is definitely feeling like summer! It was in the 90's and so humid. Here's what I did today:

-group devotions
    -went over the plan for the rest of the week with the interns
    -hung a load of laundry
    -100 yen shopping with interns, mainly for English camp supplies
    -grocery shopping with interns
    -revised some English camp lesson plans
    -folded laundry
    -helped the interns a bit with towel and sheet day (we washed most of my towels, all of their towels, and all of their sheets)
    -supervised interns on several flyers we are making for up coming events
    -practiced for worship cafe. I am signing several songs including some duets with one of the interns.
    -worked a bit on making a school year calendar. I'm having to rework it a bit with my BFF's visit and a later trip to the lake. I also want to finish the year by the start of June so that I can be done should we have a bunch of new interns and teams again.
    -helped dh make dinner

It was a nice and not too fast paced day. Tomorrow dh is off for the Bible College Faculty retreat and the interns and I will be holding down the fort until dh returns Friday night.

Cindy, sounds like something one of my kids would do!
    Jen, I'm glad you got that outdoor meet out of the way. Heat like that is so exhausting.
    Michelle, I'm glad you got some quality time, even if the circumstances that lead to it weren't good.
    Heather, praying for your trip.
    Lindsey Carter
    Wife to Chris for 19 years and Mom to Wesley 15, Adelaide 13 and Hudson 11

HW - Praying for your trip and for J's migraines.
    Also, Dan and I would gladly join you for the crab fest! We love to pick crabs! The last time we had one was 2 years ago when we went to Duck with the in-laws.

Michelle - So glad your trip went well.

Jen - Dh bought me a little clip on umbrella for my camping chair and ball games. We bought this one from Dick's and it is good for providing some shade and not so large as to be intrusive to other viewers. We have also been known to bust out the golf umbrellas when needed.

Cindy - I've been cleaning out my school cabinets too ! - always a big job!

Cow Appreciation Day - I have never done this....I wonder if we have stuff to make a good show of it today?
    Loving, learning, and living in central VA with my adventurous husband of 14 years and our three children.

Heather, praying for an uneventful trip and easy travels!

Michelle, sounds like it was a decent day and so glad for a nice trip with your mom, even if the circumstances were not.

Jen, ugh! Thankful you had the chair!

Cindy, I noticed yesterday email has gotten out of control. I need to add that to my list... And school stuff. Yeah. That's already there too.

Lindsey, towel and sheet day just SOUNDS ominous! I'm picturing lines full of so many towels and sheets. You probably have a dryer, but in my mind, it's almost like a caricature of loads and loads filling line after line...

Angela, I hope you can find some cow outfits!!

RE: Chik Fil A, I'm pretty sad we don't have one close today. The only one in our state is 1.5 hours away. When Bekah has dance up that way, we usually stop.

Yesterday, we got pantry done, porch done and that was about it. Porch came first and the temp was rising, but we finished and celebrated with frozen lemonade. Then the pantry was started after lunch and what a disaster! I knew we had a mouse, but there must be more than one because there was a party going on on several shelves. And Ben, who helped, went into murder mode and set 5 traps in the pantry and another 3 in the basement. He said he could handle the thieving, but the "defecation left behind" was just out of line and not necessary! Anyway, all shelves were emptied, washed and food items sorted. They even explored my empty canning jar shelf. Why? And cookware shelf. Why? All units were pulled away from walls and cleaned underneath. Ben mopped as we went too. Pulled out freezer and fridge and cleaned underneath. Under the fridge, there are insulated pipes/wires/something. They had shredded it and it looked like rat droppings and I had a minor freak out moment. How could I possibly miss a RAT in the house? Nick looked closer and reassured me it was insulation. ~shudder~

Anyway, didn't finish until 6pm and then grilled burger and brats for dinner and just chilled afterwards.

Today:
    -chores are being done
    -clean kitchen, it was left a bit of a mess after the pantry cleaning, lots of containers that needs washing.
    -bake pumpkin cookies for Bekah
    -cool and pack to send
    -she also requested some snack items because Walmart is a whole mile away and it's hot and she too tired to walk on the weekend... Blah, blah, blah...
    -laundry is going
    I'd like to organize those freezers so I can start finding and using stuff!
    -oh, and Nick's transcript is actually a priority. Need to send it out to the college. Need to get the deadline from him... Just need to finish correcting his last bit of English work. Everything else is done. English is my weak point. I hate teaching it, I hate correcting it, and I do not enjoy it as a subject. Sorry, English teachers!

Okay, it is way late and I need to get moving today! Have a good one!
    Shay, wife to Rod and mom to Nathaniel(23), Benjamin(20), Nicholas(18), Rebekah(16), Julianne(11), Jonathan(8)and Joshua(3)

Good morning, y'all! It looks like it's going to be a hot one today!

Heather, safe travels! Enjoy CFA. I have a thing for their lemonade.

Michelle, I am so glad you had a good time for hanging out with your mom. I miss those times.

Jen, the swim meet sounds exciting!

Cindy, I hope you can be productive on your cabinet today.

Lindsey, I need to get my school calendar rolling too.

AR - Cow appreciation day - if you go, we wanna see pics!

Shay, good for you on the pantry. I keep doing small re-orgs on mine but they don't last. I need to do a big one and move shelves, but that's down the list. Rats in the house - that is a fear of mine. We have a huge problem with them in our city and have for the last couple of years. One getting in the house would do me in.

I did not set one foot in the basement yesterday, and probably won't today. I ended up spending a lot of time on my doTerra order because of some customer changes, and doing the menu for the week was way too much of a challenge. I finally was ready to head out and K reminded me that Elvis had a vet appointment in an hour - no time to run my errands. So, we got him off to the vet and home again, then B came home and we loaded up, dropped K at babysitting, and went to pick up B's car from the shop. The kids headed back home and I did make it to the hardware store and ran by the grocery to get frozen pizza - my wonderful plan for dinner had been thwarted by my lack of errands and we had a prom meeting at my house.

So today I will run the remainder of the errands, including taking P to the orthodontist. After errands, I predict a nap will be in order. Sitting at the prom meeting caused muscle spasms which gave me a headache that's still with me. Then B and our last OYANer friend left for the airport at 4; I got up to see them off. I'd probably still be sleeping now but Reggie is hollering for his breakfast and it woke me up. I realized B was still here and she needed to bet to work, so I went and found her fully clothed in her uniform, asleep on the top of her bed. She will have a rough day today. I hope she gets to come home early, or gets a burst of energy somewhere.

Have a wonderful day!
    Last edited by Robin in Colorado; 07-10-2018 at 04:49 PM.
    Robin, wife for 21 years to a wonderful man, and mama to 19yo Belle; 18yo Kitty; 14yo Princess, and 12yo Boyo.
    Words for 2015 and 2016 and probably forever: Be her.

We are not going to make it to Cow Appreciation Day....I think I will write it down in my planner for next year, it always sneaks up on me!

I haven't gotten much done today.

But I am ready for my meeting with church elder(s) tonight regarding women's ministry. I had some podcasts to listen to and show notes to read up on before we meet as well as some other things.
    We are all going to church tonight for the last community group core team training meeting of the school year. While Dan is meeting with groups, I'll be meeting with at least one of the elders.

Laundry is going
    the kitchen is cleaned up from the lack of electricity yesterday.

I am going to try and get a few more things done before it is time to go.
    Loving, learning, and living in central VA with my adventurous husband of 14 years and our three children.