Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thursday DECLUTTERING!

Just popping in for a farm update. Nick picked up our meat birds and got them set in the brooder. We checked them after lunch and 2 were drowned and 6 more were soaked, shivering and trying to die. Why am I posting this? Well, we have lost 9 of our 15 turkeys already, so I'm not losing anymore birds! I have three of the wettest and coldest in my bra. Sigh... What I do to save baby animals around here?
    Shay, wife to Rod and mom to Nathaniel(23), Benjamin(20), Nicholas(18), Rebekah(16), Julianne(11), Jonathan(8)and Joshua(4)

Shay, you're wonderful!
    Robin, wife for 21 years to a wonderful man, and mama to 20yo Belle; 18yo Kitty; 14yo Princess, and 12yo Boyo.
    Words for 2015 and 2016 and probably forever: Be her.

Good Afternoon!
    It's a gorgeous 85*F, mostly sunny skies. Dew point is only 53*. It's lovely. Not hot at all, when that dew point is down. It's suppose to start moving back up though for the weekend. Darn.

We've been doing a little bit of "nothing much" today.

• email management and reading this morning
    • met a lady who sold me a set of 1st grade abeka readers for only $5... they will be great for dictation sentences for tutoring, plus some will work oral reading
    • ate lunch with the boys
    • went to Target with ds11.. saw they had Cat and Jack school uniform pants on sale, but it must be just online, because our store didn't have a sale posted, and they didn't have very many in-store
    • walked around Target, found a few dollar spot items, red/white/blue clearance Skittles, and an half-price doormat
    • watched a webcast for a bit
    • washed and hung outside some more blankets and a pillow
    • hung out on social media for way too long
    • made dh a sandwich for the funeral home

So when we were at Target. The guy who was in line in front of us was paying with a bunch of gift cards he gets from work. He has no idea how much is on them, they just give them out apparently. So right before she starts checking him out, he notices us and asks if we want to go ahead because he will take awhile. I told him that was up to him, but we were fine waiting. He asked if we were in a hurry. I said nope, we were good. So he checks out, we wait. After he was done he leaves 3 gift cards for us to use since we waited. He says he never knows how much is on them and one time he got a $100. one! We said Thank You a couple times, checked out, and left Target $4. richer. They were only $5. gift cards. But it was nice to have a little gift. I was going to hand the remainder card to the next person in line, but it was a Target employee and she was only buying a candy bar, so I kept it. I wonder if I can use the rest online for those pants we went to get but weren't there.
    Wife to Pastor Tim and Mom to April (graduate), Erica (graduate), Jacob (graduate), and Jesse (4th gr).

Shay -- you are awesome!!

Cindy -- very cool gift!! Bet you can use the gift card.

Joelle -- YAY for ds getting to swim!! What did you put in crockpot? I am looking for more crockpot meals.

Since my morning burst not a lot has happened.
    • went got a coke
    • text with a woman about curriculum...she says she wants some of it but didn't tell me which books yet
    • load laundry
    • boxed up a pile of stuff hadn't boxed yet
    • moved it outside
    • emptied & refilled ice trays
    • emptied dish drainer
    • washed dishes
    • read & been lazy

Please pray for my friend little girl. She needs prayers.
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 20yo ds, 17yo ds

Joelle -- hope your talk with your friend is going well

Shay --

Cindy -- Hurray! What a fun treat (even if it was just a few dollars )

Michelle -- hope you can sell some stuff!!!

Here:
    * house is clean
    * laundry is not completely done -- we ran out of detergent HOW does that happen?!?!?
    * I ran my errands and ran into an old man from church. He's so sweet -- but he likes to talk. I got caught at CVS and talked to him for a long time. He doesn't have much else to do

* threw supper in the IP -- baked ziti -- quick and easy. Hope dh likes it (he doesn't like stuff like that too often, but I doubt he'll complain ). I chopped up a small zucchini and added it to it, also. Hopefully that'll be okay! Going to have salad and French bread with it.

Joelle -- you asked about our "next" summer plans. Right now, we're thinking of going the "Southern West" route -- still figuring out all the logistics. We've talked about flying into Las Vegas, driving to sequoia in CA, driving back to Vegas, going "up" to Zion National Park, Antelope Canyon in AZ, the 4 Corners area and Mesa Verde, Painted Desert, Sedona, Grand Canyon, and back to Vegas to fly home. OR, I'm thinking about maybe driving with the kids to Albequerque, and dh could fly and meet me there (MUCH cheaper, and I think we're going to need cheaper), do some things around Albq. and Taos, and then basically the same trip but with the "circle" starting in Albq. BUT I don't know that we would have time to make the Sequoia leg..... Still contemplating and still working on how many days, how much money, logistics.....

Okay. OFf to make salads.....
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

Shay, that is such a funny image!

Robin, I'm glad you all were able to help that man!

Heather, I hope yesterday went well!

We had a full day, but got lots done. Back at it today!!

I've had a busy couple of days while dh was away. Today was my day off because tomorrow we have a big event, but with dh gone and still having piano lessons, it didn't quite feel like a day off. Still I did give myself an at home facial, mani and pedi.

Tomorrow We have "Worship Cafe". We decorated the sanctuary with blue Christmas lights, set up tables and covered them with butcher paper. We put out cups of colored pencils and crayons. So it has a coffee house feel. We'll have coffee, tea, juice and the desserts I baked with the interns. The main attraction will be the various sets of worship songs. I'm signing in about half of them. It should be fun and will hopefully have a good turn out.

Paige, sound like a fun trip, but Arizona in the summer would not be on my list. Now any other time of the year and I would go for it. In fact, I have been to most of those places!
    Heather, I hope yesterday went well and today is even better!
    Robin, what a crazy story!
    Shay, I hope your birds survive!
    Lindsey Carter
    Wife to Chris for 19 years and Mom to Wesley 15, Adelaide 13 and Hudson 11