Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Friday DECLUTTERING!

Default Friday DECLUTTERING!

This Week's Challenge: Common Areas- hoe out, straighten up, and clean.

School Challenge: School rooms and spaces!

Inspiring Thought:
    The cruelest lies are often told in silence. - Robert Louis Stevenson

For me today:
    • cubby work
    • shopping lists
    • pick up van- using the shuttle that will pick me up (it's gross)
    • laundry- take it off the line
    • PTE- to get ready for next week
    • blog post
    • college shopping- with college kids (the last trip)
    • play a game
    • set up my travel art bag- to get ready for the trip
    • read aloud
    • make meals
    • blog work- trying to just do work when I can until things settle down, but I need an actual work groove on this that I don't have yet.

It's cloudy today and the a/c is off, but the dew point is still 65. And it looks like more humidity is in our future with that weird weather pattern. Dan took the van in this morning and they took it back while he was still there waiting for the shuttle to take him to work. So, I expect a call mid morning that it's ready.

Only three days till we take E to his college destination. He's a little nervous and mostly excited! I'm mostly nervous about his first few weeks there. Long term I'm sure he'll be fine, but he's sort of a home body so the initial adjustment will probably be the hardest. R is also nervous. Her roommate does not sound awesome. Definitely not a kindred spirit and has already poked fun at her. She was ok until the girl finally returned her reach out from a month ago. Hopefully all will be well! (and at least she has an escape should it not be tolerable...)

Have a fun Friday!
    Last edited by Heather W; 08-10-2018 at 08:51 AM.
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (19 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Heather -- thanks for the looks at the dorms, Hope pool time was fun! Your kids will do AMAZING!!! You have AWESOME kids and you have done a FANTASTIC job as a mom and teacher Whoa what do you mean R roommate poked fun at her? Do the FIAR aunts need to come have a talk with this girl?!?!

Joelle -- glad you have enjoyed the time and gotten a lot of scrapbooking done

Angela -- sorry crochet club wasn't enjoyable. But now you can say you tried

Jen -- it is good to have a schedule. I wish I could stick to one

Cindy -- YAY for goodies in the freezer!!

Robin -- you got a lot done before heading to the basement

Shelly --

Yesterday morning I woke to a LOUD BOOM of thunder and LOTS of rain. When the boom woke me I was having a weird dream and couldn't figure out if thunder woke me or the dream. Then I thought I heard rain and got up to check. Yep.

Ds1 boss text to say would try to work later. So the boys and I ran to wm and got great nephew (T5) a birthday present. Got home and ds1 went to work. They didn't mow but worked on the mowers and trailer.

We went to T5 birthday party last night. It was just family at nephews house having grilled burgers, hot dogs, chips and cake but it was a really nice time Have I mentioned I really really like nephew's finance? She is so sweet and her little girl just loves Cameron

So far:
    • woke late -- I slept with the alarm going off for 5 minutes
    • got pork butt into crockpot
    • saw ds1 & dh off to work
    • woke ds2
    • have been enjoying a few minutes on my porch

Today is outdoor classroom day. I guess I better get to moving we need to leave soon.

Have an AWESOME Friday!
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 20yo ds, 17yo ds

Good Morning!
    Cloudy and cool. But yes, that darn dew point just does not want to drop past 65. Yesterday actually turned out to be fairly nice even though it got up to 87*F. The dew point dropped to 65* and we thought it felt good! It's back up to 68* right now. So. much. moisture. I have to remember it's better than dry and wildfires. I'll take this instead.

So far I've been lazy this morning. Just some email management and a little reading. I slept in until 7am then laid in bed until 8am reading.
    Then I perused social media, and found a few recipes.

HeatherW-- 3 days and counting! Sorry R's roommate has poked fun at her. Don't let her make a judgment call yet though; she may be a really nice girl once they connect in person.

Michelle-- Sounds like a nice birthday party. I love hearing about your family events; I wish I lived closer to mine. Enjoy outdoor school today! Is your guy a junior or a senior? I can't keep up!

I'm on my way to make some no-bake cookies for camping. Then I'll decide after that. We do have our library runs today too.

Have a good day!
    Wife to Pastor Tim and Mom to April (graduate), Erica (graduate), Jacob (graduate), and Jesse (4th gr).

Cindy- No kidding...the dew point will not quit. It's back up to 68* here too. But, you are right. There are far worse things than high humidity. It does look like there will be more heavy rain in the mid-Atlantic. That's no good.

R is really good at holding out on opinions (unlike her mom !), but she is worried. So, hopefully it'll be fine once they get going.

Michelle
    - Thanks for your vote of confidence! Let's hope it's all wildly successful!

The van is ready. The shuttle was out picking up someone out way past town, so they said it would be a good 45 minutes before they could get me. That's cool. I'll just do some other things until it's time.
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (19 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

• looked at the no-bake cookie recipe... I forgot it has pretzels in it and I don't have any
    • remembered I bought marshmallow for rice krispy treats... so I'll make those instead, and may still buy pretzels
    • decided to finish up the timeline binder... got it almost done over the past 2 nights that dh has had church meetings.. it's all caught up now!! Ds11 kept up with drawing the figures as we read during the year, I just didn't get the binder set up. Since I had time to sit and focus on just that, I set up the pages a little different than how the older kids had theirs. Less empty space/less pages for BC times.
    • folded a load from the dryer; switched another load to the dryer

I need to think about actual meals for camping, and not just the treats. I was going to make a plan the other day and then forgot. I have been terrible about writing things down this summer.
    Wife to Pastor Tim and Mom to April (graduate), Erica (graduate), Jacob (graduate), and Jesse (4th gr).

Good morning!

Heather, I'm sorry to hear about R's room mate. Ugh.

Michelle, it sounds like a fun, relaxed evening.

Cindy, sometimes we just need a slower start to the day. There is camping (of sorts) happening here this weekend.

It's 10:30 and I haven't been in the basement yet. My plan was to get down there by 7:30 or 8.

Right now things are a little stressful here. however, DH just headed out to take Mr. Hormonal Boyo to the grocery store, so that should ease things up. We have an annual camping weekend we do with two other families at a local lake. Boyo and the son in each family have been close for all their lifetimes. One of the families decided to bail this year, and didn't let us know until this morning. My son hasn't yet learned to deal with disappointment gracefully. There is more to the story here, but I'm more than a little peeved at the situation. At any rate, he's a giant grump right now and has the volume on his Mope Machine turned way up.

I'm on hold with our computer store; 15 minutes and counting. We have had issues since June and they are devastating my time - it takes over half an hour to deal with each email, and more.

It's a lovely day here. I'm hoping once I get these people (DH, Boyo, Princess) out of the house, I can get down to the basement. If I can be as productive today as I was yesterday, I can get the resource room emptied today. If not today, then tomorrow.

I'm excited to move off this part of the project and into the next phase.

Y'all, have a fun day!
    Robin, wife for 21 years to a wonderful man, and mama to 20yo Belle; 18yo Kitty; 14yo Princess, and 12yo Boyo.
    Words for 2015 and 2016 and probably forever: Be her.

Robin-- Sorry you have to listen to the tunes of Mr. Grump and His Mope Machine. I loved your analogies, btw. Hopefully he comes back from the grocery store singing a different tune.

• renewed and gathered the library materials
    • did the library runs x2 with both boys... ds20 is back to going to the library with us! He quit going for several years, because of his reading struggles, but has been reading up a storm this summer and asked to go to the library with us!
    • got caught in a rain storm on the way home!... the dew point was back up to 71*, so hopefully it'll be down once this rain fully passes

Not sure what I want to do next. Maybe I'll make those rice krispy treats. It's really dark out at the moment.

Hello Ladies,

We are finally home for the day and I am exhausted!
    We went to take a 3yo out on a play date today. E, the mom, gave birth 6 months ago for the first time. The 3yo is adopoted. She had a terrible recovery and has been in serious pain since then. She had surgery to return a nerve to its normal resting place and is on bed rest again. The dad has used up all of his time off and has to work. She can't drive or lift the baby. She has a nanny there now, but we took the 3yo little boy to a local park for about 3 hours. We walked the fitness train, played on the playground, ate a picnic lunch, played some more and walked around the duck pond before he said he was tired and wanted to go home. I "think" we wore him out, which was the goal and I hope he took a good nap for his mom and the sitter. Unfortunately, they live way on the other side of the city so it was a "long" drive (40 minutes) each way.

since getting home:
    snack
    I crash on the couch for a few minutes...I think I fell asleep]
    started a load of laundry - towels
    unpacked the backpack and lunch bag

Tomorrow is the final woman's social of the summer. We are having a potluck brunch, someone else is hosting but I am helping.

I still need to: decide what I am bringing (I thought I would hit the grocery store this week but it has been too crazy. Hopefully I have stuff here)
    Prep the ice-breaker game. We are gong to play that game where you have a famous person's name on your back and ask yes/no questions of other guests to figure it out. I have a list of about 20 famous women from history, I need to prep the name tags for this. stink! I just realized I didn't get prizes for the winner.....do I need prizes?

Have a great night!
    Loving, learning, and living in central VA with my adventurous husband of 14 years and our three children.

AR- That depends...are they used to prizes? Or maybe you can imagine a different sort- like first in line at the buffet or something like that? Lame maybe but a little fun.

Robin- Did you get to the basement?

Cindy- I regret not putting the a/c on today. It's cooling down now, but it's a little uncomfortable in the house.

Update:
    • watched some planner bag storage videos- it's like mind candy for distraction
    • made sure the shopping list was set for the college shopping
    • got picked up by the shuttle- and taken to the garage (the driver was like a metal dude version of the Simpson's bus driver and he was super philosophical)
    • took the laundry off the line- have yet to get it upstairs
    • took the college kids shopping- we went to buy shoes for E (he didn't find any), target for all the things, and Michael's for craft storage. R is packing her supplies for college. We got some good tool storage for her.
    • sat a minute- watched more videos
    • picked up dh
    • helped out with making R's special meal- we made a favorite for the kids before they leave

Now we're getting ready to head out for some mini-golf and rootbeer floats- an old family tradition we haven't done much since moving to this house.

Robin -- sorry about the grumpiness

Cindy -- slow starts are ok Yay for ds1 reading! Ds2 is a senior

Angela -- that was sweet of you to take the little boy to the park

Heather -- mini golf and root beer floats Definitely fun times!!

On the way to the lake this morning it started sprinkling and did so until almost to the center. Then it stopped. Started back up again right before we were heading outside. We still walked around out in the sprinkles. Saw the eagles & owls and walked around the boardwalk (yes same thing we did Sunday as a family )

We were suppose to do pontoon boat rides but since we haven't had rain in so long the lake is super low.
    There was a whole lot of new people too

We walked around, went back in and explored the museum sections of center, snakes were brought out of their cages (I was NOT around those ) and we had our picnic indoors in the huge room. The kids played dodgeball and other stuff after.

The rain stopped and sun came out at some point but everyone was enjoying where we were.
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 20yo ds, 17yo ds