Thread: Just chuckling...

Default Just chuckling...

I was perusing through old posts looking for some planner inspiration when I came across Heather's post titled "How do you let your students know their task for the day or week?" Gosh! I wrote a response that was the same thing that I was thinking about posting today and that was in 2015!!!! AARGH! The only difference is that I'm down to three students. I still used the Elan planners and it STILL takes up a lot of time. Heather, did you decide to email the lessons? Did you use one (or four) spiral notebooks? LOL. I just can't stop chucking. The more things change...the more they stay the same.
    IN THE END, ONLY KINDNESS MATTERS
    Mom to 5 girls and 5 furry kids too
    21 Years Homeschooling and still learning

Robin, wife for 22 years to a wonderful man, and mama to 20yo Belle; 18yo Kitty; 14yo Princess, and 12yo Boyo.
    Words for 2015 and 2016 and probably forever: Be her.

Yeah, email is a pain!

I use ONE spiral and have for years even with more than one high schooler!

The Spiral Planning Post

Today I'm making the cover for this year's and binding it up. The pages have their holes already.

I'm always so tempted by things like Homeschool Planet (my review), but the truth is it's a pain to enter in and it's cumbersome for kids to check in. And, the truth is, in NY I don't need all the record keeping. Why? Because of all the reporting. That's where my records are kept. In order to get that final piece of paperwork, it's the reports I turn in they look at. I finally realized my narrative planner was what I used to create the quarterly reports and it's those that get the attention and matter in the end. Not my gradebook.

Just my two NY homeschooler cents on planners and planning.
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Thanks for your two cents. I just reread your post and I have a bit of a stupid question...Do you put binder holes into the "pre-holed" paper? I chuckled in your post when you were discussing being a paper snob. Last year my daughters' staged a revolt. They (as a group of 4) reported that it was cumbersome, untidy and illogical to have paper that all did not size properly in their binders. They presented the evidence (tis true...different brands are slightly sized differently) and pleaded to use only one brand, all year. That brand was Mead, 5 star college ruled, reinforced...LOL. NOT always easy to find during the year!
    IN THE END, ONLY KINDNESS MATTERS
    Mom to 5 girls and 5 furry kids too
    21 Years Homeschooling and still learning

Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)