Thread: High school science for the non-sciency student

Default High school science for the non-sciency student

Nothing like last minute. Still trying to figure this area out for Rebekah. She did a dance science 9th grade(about 2/3 anatomy & physiology and 1/3 physics) and she did Apologia biology for 10th. Her plan is to go to college for either a degree in dance or, possibly, the area of political science. She LOVES dance, but realizes few make it professionally. She also is really interested in politics and law, so right now, that's her "back-up".

Anyway, how much science should I push? She hated biology and is dreading chemistry this year. She did ask about nutrition and maybe a more advanced anatomy. Should I go with the nutrition/anatomy angle this year and push chemistry to next year? Or is chemistry not that big of a deal for a non-science college student?

Shay, wife to Rod and mom to Nathaniel(23), Benjamin(20), Nicholas(18), Rebekah(16), Julianne(11), Jonathan(8)and Joshua(4)

Any idea where she wants to go to school? Any clue what the basic science requirements are? Around here, typically, for the college bound, 3 lab science classes are expected. We’ve done/do Physical science, biology, chemistry. Some people then to
    Advanced biology or physics. Katie did Environmental science for her 4th, and I’m clueless what Mattie will
    Do. I’ve heard of marine biology, creation science, forensics, ....

Not really what she’s looking for ...
    but I’d start with finding out requirements ...

Personally, I’d start with what are the typical requirements for her most difficult possibility ... you don’t want her to miss ou
    None of those (well, maybe forensics and creation science) are “fun.”
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

Good idea and simple! Why didn't I think of that?

I peeked at a couple of schools and two she would have no issues with her current plan, but one requires more math and science than her current plan. She's thrilled...

So, need to tweak some stuff, but I'd rather her have more than the minimum.
    Shay, wife to Rod and mom to Nathaniel(23), Benjamin(20), Nicholas(18), Rebekah(16), Julianne(11), Jonathan(8)and Joshua(4)