Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome home to all the FIAR Homecoming mamas!

HI EVERYONE

Steve I am praying for you! And so very thankful you and Jane have this message board. I have made some amazing friends here and learned so much.

Christy you would think my house would be clean and organized but sadly no. I love the fellowship and encouragement from the thread and thankful Heather starts it daily. I do actually complete some things in my list And I have a vision...one day...

Ds1 chose not to go to college and is still living at home. He is working for a man who has a lawn mowing service and ac cleaning service (cleans units in nursing homes, room & outside units). His job isn't prestigious but he enjoys it and is happy. That makes me happy.
    He travels some with the ac work too.

My baby is a senior this year I am proud of the young man he has become but miss those little boy days of snuggling while doing FIAR.
    He also works a few days each fall and spring with the ac work. He enjoys it and makes a little money. He also helps his Gramps alot. Both boys have always helped but since ds1 works more falls to ds2.

I love catching up with everyone
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 20yo ds, 17yo ds

Hi everyone! I haven't been here in about five years! Still seems like home though.

I will definitely be praying for you, Steve!

My boys are 21 and 17. My oldest is married and has a job in the IT field. This is going to be our last year of homeschooling. I just can't believe that we made it through! This afternoon my son is getting his senior photos done, so it is sinking in that this is the end. I used to think that raising young kids was anxiety-producing, but now that my boys are older I realize no one warned me that "raising adult children" can be equally scary. So I am kind of struggling with that!

Being involved with homeschoolers is probably not over for me though. I run a business teaching Spanish to them, and it is interesting to watch how young moms handle it all. I was once that mom! It's just interesting to see it from "the other side". I am sure that is what Steve and Jane have gone through as they see homeschool moms go through the journey.

Great catching up with everyone!
    [I][B]Married to Tim, Mom to two young men

Ha..my old login still works!
    It’s been a joy to keep up with some of you on FB. Steve! I’m so sorry about the diagnosis and will keep you in prayer.

My oldest Samantha is 26 and a traveling speech pathologist. Lucas is 22 and finishing college. Beka just graduated and Nicolas is in public high school.

I was recently diagnosed with ulcerative colitis and am trying to navigate a new lifestyle.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mariah m; 09-16-2018 at 05:24 PM.

Such a big smile on my face coming back here!! The Lambert's are responsible for shaping the homeschool teacher I became with their curriculum, their retreats, and creating this marvelous place. I am so grateful for them! I didn't always post a lot, but these message boards helped me stay sane and focused for so many years of homeschooling! It was truly an oasis for me, and it makes me so happy to be back and see so many familiar faces!

Steve, I have added you to my prayer list.

Matthew is now working as an apprentice electrician after two years of schooling.
    Grace is a freshman in college pursuing a degree in nursing.
    Will is a senior this year and working with a landscaper.

I am looking forward to all the updates!
    Wife to Brian, Mom to Matthew(6/97), Gracie(12/99), and Will(6/01)

Love it!! And sure would love to see you and Jane (and Becky!) posting regularly like you did back in the day! 💜💜 Is that your plan?

- - - Updated - - -

Just read your update, Steve. Praying for peace, comfort, energy, and healing, friend. Your family has been a tremendous blessing to so many. I am grateful.

Quote Originally Posted by shonda in ca View Post
    Love it!! And sure would love to see you and Jane (and Becky!) posting regularly like you did back in the day!  Is that your plan?
    I'll be back here regularly if YOU GUYS are here. The young folks are all on FB and this place has been deathly quiet but if y'all come back I will too! Jane will be here some I'm sure.

Becky and Carrie are going 10,000 mph with their kids these days so don't expect them to be around too much for this season.
    Publisher
    Five in a Row

"Here's the gospel: you're more sinful than you ever dared believe; you're more loved than you ever dared hope." Tim Keller

Hello, friends! Welcome home! SOOOO good to see y'all here!
    Hollie, Special Needs Forum Moderator
    Wife to my best friend Tom and mom to 20yo Eli, 18yo Kyle, and 14yo Noah (with Down syndrome)
    If a child can't learn the way we teach, maybe we should teach the way they learn. Ignacio Estrada

OMGOSH...this is the best thing I've seen in ages! Welcome back friends!!!! How exciting!!! Steve, I'm very sorry. Sending prayers. My first rower (and first homeschool graduate) is will be 25 this month and is in graduate school at George Washington University. Next rower is an undergrad at Auburn University and on their D1 gymnastics team. Still at home I have a Senior, Junior and Freshman. It's so hard to believe that my years homeschooling are coming to an end. The girls still frequently reference our years snuggling on the couch reading FIAR books. I've kept them all just in case a grandchild or two ends up being homeschooled. LOL. One can dream. It's so fabulous to see old friends here. Please keep coming back.
    IN THE END, ONLY KINDNESS MATTERS
    Mom to 5 girls and 5 furry kids too
    21 Years Homeschooling and still learning

Aw, I love this. I have missed so many of you and wondered how you are doing!

Steve and Jane, you know I'm praying. My love to both of you!

My oldest graduated in '17, and is an EMT (on ambulance duty right now, as a matter of fact). My second is a senior this year, and the other two are 8th and 6th grade. I am so grateful for the guidance and friendship I have received here, and still do!
    Last edited by Robin in Colorado; 09-16-2018 at 02:52 PM.
    Robin, wife for 22 years to a wonderful man, and mama to 20yo Belle; 18yo Kitty; 14yo Princess, and 12yo Boyo.
    Words for 2015 and 2016 and probably forever: Be her.

Well you all pretty much have been updated already, but Darrell's dementia continues to worsen. He is on a new medication that seems to help. DJ is still in California working for LAM research lab, and is doing so well he is still there despite a large recent layoff. We are preparing (packing) for our hopefully last move to Winfield Kansas at the end of this month. More opportunity for Ryan (college town) and more senior services for help with Darrell, plus the added bonus of being near my older brother, Daryl. Steve, please know we are praying hard for your full recovery.
    Wife to Darrell, mom to John, Patrick, DJ and Ryan, Stepgrandmom of 5, grandmother to Adam, Harper, and Alexander. Done homeschooling but not done learning!