Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tuesday DECLUTTERING!

Quote Originally Posted by Jekka Renee View Post
    I must be losing my mind, because I read this and just laughed like it was hilarious. I'm glad you got through it all, though!
    Well, I kind of meant it funny...it was just a crazy day. Not all of it was funny, but sometimes you just have to shake your head at it all and think, well, here I am today! I made it!

Interesting about the games. When ds was 3 or 4 I had to ban Squirrel Nutkin. As in the Beatrix Potter story. For some reason he wanted to hear it all the time and it would rile him up like nothing else. I still tease him about that. I mean, who gets banned from Beatrix Potter??

AR- Life group went fine. We meet 6 to 8 and I'm providing dinner. These are empty nesters. One is single. Only one retired couple. The rest are working. So, since I have to feed my family anyway, I thought it would be nice to have dinner with no strings attached. But, you know I'm not a food person. I was getting nervous and just said a little prayer, ok God, I'm just not a food hospitality type person but I want to be. Let this go well. And after I got Dan he helped get other things ready while I finished dinner and it was good! It's either feed others or hurry my dinner and get it put away before everyone shows up. That's just as stressful!

Jekka- My husband is a HUGE gamer. He manages the fine art of being a responsible person, a great dad, and a serious gamer. I often spend time with him in the evenings, laying on the floor in our studio next to him while he plays. I told him just the other night that when our dream comes true and we get the new floors, I'm still getting hickory in this room and I'll buy one of those fluffy, white, furry rugs like you see on Instagram and I'll lay here and hang out while you play! Right now he's into Rocket League and plays with the boys, including Ethan. Video games are a big connection point for our kids near and far at this point. (you may have missed that we nearly ordered new flooring but had to stop because of a huge change in R's financial aid projection for school)

Michelle
    - It's humid here today, but yesterday it was freezing all day. Dan has taken the thermostats out of the wall to replace them with nests (smart thermostats) so we have no way of turning on the heat. I'd cave and turn that a/c on! Be brave!

Jen- I hope today is a better day. enjoy that tea and artist time!

Cindy- I'm sorry about the dishwasher. Hopefully you won't have to be without one for too long.

So far:
    • did the work drop early
    • grocery store- hoping to beat the storm. Did not happen!
    • made it home and got the groceries iand not too wet in the process!
    • some groceries are away and others are still getting there
    • took a phone call- it was a weird one from our pseudo plant committee chair
    • considered our morning meeting time- J doesn't like the book we're reading. We discussed it last night. Not sure how to handle it since Isaac likes the book and some other things we do, but J does not. I don't want Isaac to miss out because his brother doesn't like the stuff. So, I may shift things that happen during meeting time and do the rest with Isaac just the two of us.

My primary concern at the moment is getting my shoes dry so I can wear them in the house. Other than that, it's time to get rolling with our school day.

Our meeting time has changed quite a bit over the years, but right now the boys are not enjoying the same things during that time. I have to sort it out. I spend a lot of time during the bed time routine with J and I could do individual things he won't do at other times then. I may have to change what we do during the time together and pursue the things I would have done at a different time.

Health wise I never know how things will look for the day. It is difficult to plan. Sigh.
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Ok, back from the house
    Construction:
    Cut/ screwed drywall
    Outlets in Aria's Room
    Ryan finished the boiler install

Up next:
    Tomorrow the gas company is coming and we get heat!
    I need to keep going with outlets

At Home: So Far

Copywork
    Played with dog
    Math started

Robin: You are doing so much! The columns sound fun, except for the outlets. We actually avoided doing an island and a few other ideas simply because electrical code demanded dumb things we didn't want to do The Dances sound so fun!

Lindsey: Silas always is bringing home pets, too. Have fun with the crayfish.

Jen: You win, what kind of parent bans Squirrel Nutkin?!?

Heather: I did miss the flooring; I knew you were going to get it, but I didn't realize it got put off! Hopefully it will happen sometime soon.
    Mom to Silas (13), Cedric (11), Aria (9) Titus (7)

Look on education as something between the child's soul and God ~ Charlotte Mason

Jekka- Well done on house construction! What a ton of work!

Update:
    • got those shoes dry and on my feet!
    • updated the assignment books
    • updating my planner
    • worked on getting rid of a headache
    • had grocery stuff put away
    • meeting time- spent a long time on this talking the boys individually and together about what they'd like to see. I have some ideas to work with.
    • school time- with some bumps due to health and MY PRINTER WHICH IS ANNOYING ME
    • was reminded about a dinner- that I totally don't want to do go to. RATS

Ok...today is a bit of a bust. Disappointing.

I'm going to try and do something now.
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Hey all

I read earlier and have forgotten most of my comments

Jekka -- YES, I completely hear you on the electronics/video games. My boys, especially, start being very yucky to one another -- short tempered, snide, "growling," cantankerous -- when they have too much electronic time. It's typically video games, but it can be too much tv, too. In the winter when we're not outside as much, tv watching seems to take over free time, and that's not a good thing at my house -- they get snippy with each other, and it frustrates me.

Cindy -- completely agree with the dishwasher decision -- not worth investing money in an almost-dead object

Angela -- SO excited for you and your trip

Everyone else

Here:
    Ben's fever broke over night (did I tell ya'll he wound up running a fever yesterday?). I know I mentioned that we're feeling kind of yucky here. Ben fell asleep at 2 yesterday afternoon. When he does that, I KNOW something's wrong with him. I woke him at 5, and he was hot. Yep. He's been fine all day today, though. Still a sore throat, but no fever. Cale and I are still congested with sore throats, no fever. I figure it's something viral.

I knew it wouldn't be a stellar school day, and I needed to go to the commissary this week, so we loaded up this morning and left about 9:15 and headed to Columbus.
    Got hair cuts for the boys.
    Had lunch early
    Went grocery shopping.
    Got home about 2:15 or so.
    Unloaded cold stuff.
    Relaxed a bit.
    Unloaded the rest of the groceries.
    Now it's time to fix supper -- beef tips and rice in the IP.

And that's been my day.
    Boys are currently swimming. It's still upper 80s here and hot in the afternoons.

Ya'll have a good evening.
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

Stuff that's done:
    *laundry
    *guest bathroom
    *make lunches
    *call orthodontist
    *school
    *writing class
    *PE
    *library
    *picked up ride pass coupons--that will save me $20 tomorrow!
    *grocery pick up
    *artist study/tea time
    *made meatballs--cajun chicken ones that I'll cook when we get back from swimming.

I'll have to read and respond this evening!

Since earlier:
    • oversaw a bit more school work
    • reviewed the next art video- I need to catch up on my lessons!
    • messaged with my mom- not always an uplifting moment in my day
    • took some recycling to the garage
    • had dishwasher emptied and reloaded
    • work pick up
    • cut up a salad and prepped the meat for dinner
    • sent a text confirming dinner plans- which means saying no to something else I already said yes to. Stink.
    • followed text book links from R- apparently she didn't get all the ones she needed at the start of the semester. There's one that's not available for Prime. I hope it can wait...I'm only ordering them because she doesn't have a credit card.

Dan took the supports off of the new mailbox post! I guess within the next few days we'll have a new GIANT mailbox. I think it will deserve a picture to share. Of course, the crusty man that used to leave me nastygrams and was the reason for the new box appears to be retired. Or else on some sort of extended leave. Either way, I haven't seen him in over a month. Our post is failing and the current box is tipping backward, so that is the real reason it got priority. In my mind, it's all about getting the mail carrier off my back!

He's also done some patching in putting up the new nest smart thermostats. I guess the new shape won't cover the holes from the last one.

Ok...my next thing is a walk. I'm going to spend the next 20-30 minutes walking. I've been getting back to it. I would like to listen to a podcast while I do it, but I often take notes during podcasts. This might not work out.

So Far:
    Living room cleaned
    Vacuumed
    Laundry folded, put away
    Table cleared off
    Read a bit for myself

It really seems like such a small list for how long that took.

Kids have been playing outside in the woods and on the swingset all day - I absolutely love Fall, they have so much more fun this season than any other.
    Mom to Silas (13), Cedric (11), Aria (9) Titus (7)

Look on education as something between the child's soul and God ~ Charlotte Mason

Jekka- I agree! Fall is one of the best times of year to be outdoors.

Took my walk- about 40 minutes and I've been listening to a podcast.

Not sure what's up next.

Today Addie turned 14! We declared it a day off from school. Instead I:
    -made waffles with strawberries for breakfast (per dd’s request)
    -set up for playgroup
    -hosted playgroup
    -helped Wesley with drum lessons
    -post office to mail several letters and cards and to use the ATM
    -ran into a grocery store for a salad
    -Costco. Dd wanted a Cheesecake Factory Cheesecake for her birthday cake this year. I also picked up a few slices of pizza for the kids for lunch (I had my salad).
    -filled out a baby dedication certificate
    -helped dh do a baby dedication for some visitors that wanted to do it in Japan where there parents are serving in ministry.
    -Had cheesecake with the family
    -went bowling as a family for dd’s birthday
    -dropped dh off at campus ministry
    -grocery shopped
    -picked up dh
    -made a later diner of salmon, rice, broccoli, cucumber and avocado (also per dd’s request. Well all except the avocado.)
    -practiced piano

It’s been go, go, go all day! I’m ready for bed!
    Lindsey Carter
    Wife to Chris for 19 years and Mom to Wesley 15, Adelaide 14 and Hudson 11