Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thursday DECLUTTERING!

Default Thursday DECLUTTERING!

This Week's Challenge: Laundry rooms, entryways, foyers, mudrooms- clean them up, hoe them out, get them in good working order!

School Challenge: Computer desks

Inspiring Thought:
    She thought to herself, This is now.” She was glad that the cozy house, and Pa and Ma and the fire-light and the music, were now. They could not be forgotten, she thought, because now is now. It can never be a long time ago. - Laura Ingalls Wilder, The Little House in the Big Woods

For me today:
    • update planners
    • meeting time
    • school time
    • laundry
    • studio time
    • organize desk
    • boys' room- they have to clean up for E!
    • clean hall and master bath- if only one then the master
    • art time
    • blog work
    • make an apple treat
    • choir

That about sums up my day. I hope that it will be more productive than the last several! I'm trying not to load too much on.

FYI- my printer is printing everything I've tried to print this week right now. With no prompting to do so. I think the printer has a problem.

May we all have a this is now sort of day!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Good morning!

Heather -- for a working (even if it's tempermental ) printer!!!

Angela -- is TODAY the Thursday you leave or is it next Thursday? I'm so excited for you

Here:
    * school
    * laundry -- need to do our sheets and get new ones on the bed, and I have at least one load of whites and one of coloreds....
    * dentist for me at 11 -- just a regular appointment
    * supper????? probably something with chicken -- I bought 3 or 4 family packs at the commissary Tuesday, and I need to divide those and freeze them (they're currently in the fridge). Might as well do something with some of it since it's unthawed and waiting ….
    * start cooking for the weekend? This weekend is our Annual Meeting at church -- big gathering, church services Saturday, the big get together Sat. afternoon/evening. Lots of food.... But, for the first time in a long time, we're not having company. Well, Mattie may have 1 friend coming, but that's nothing compared to the houseful we often have....
    * Ben and I finished The Meanest Doll in the World yesterday, I'm sure we'll start The Runaway Dolls today

Not sure what else will happen.....

Ya'll have a good day!
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

from yesterday:

Jekka - I'm so glad the pumpkin patch was a success!

HW - What a stink that you are so sensitive to the onions and garlic.
    That is cool that your group wanted to give you some $$, because it can add up!

Robin - Oh no! more plumbing problems!
    Praying it gets fixed without too much house damage and $$.

CH1: Yes, more laundry!

CH2: I didn't get to this yesterday, so I need to do the computer desk today.

IT: Such a sweet quote!

Paige - We leave next Thursday - thanks for being excited for us!
    I hope the dentist goes well!

HW - That is great that the printer is working! I hope it keeps working for you!

Goals for today:
    school
    laundry
    cleaning
    packing
    return a pair of shoes. I ordered some TOMS, but they are actually too big! Ack!

I need to get rolling - have a great day!
    Loving, learning, and living in central VA with my adventurous husband of 14 years and our three children.

Good morning!

I love the IT, Heather!

Paige, all that large group cooking you do is amazing to me!!

Angela, I got some TOMS a while back and you have to go a little small because they will stretch. I love mine now!

I got on to read some yesterday but didn't finish and never got to posting. We got to the fair at 9:00 and left at 4:30--then dd went straight to gymnastics and church and ds had swim team. I'm letting them sleep a little later this morning because they're so tired. But I can't let them sleep too late, because we have to leave at noon for swim team.

*laundry--did one load and started towels and I'll probably do one more
    *trip planning--would be good since we leave tomorrow...
    *our sheets
    *our bathroom
    *school
    *make cookies
    *swim team
    *Street Cats
    *food pantry
    *pack
    *dd to gymnastics

And general tidying...we leave in the morning for OKC and will spend the night somewhere and then visit several sites on Saturday. I'd like to not leave the house a wreck if possible!

Have a great day today, friends!

Angela -- the mushroom painting sounds cool. Sorry about the shoes. Excited for you too!!

Shay -- miss you! Cookies

Paige -- YAY for getting tires and oil done on vehicles. Oh I need to remind dh my oil needs changing. What will you be cooking?

Robin -- OH NO!!! I hope things aren't that bad with plumbing

Jekka -- YAY y'all are moving right along

Heather -- my dh is the same way with shorts...everyday is short day Printers have a mind of their own! I have 2 over there and neither works. Well 1 needs ink won't connect to my laptop. And the other I just can't get it to work at all.

Jen -- what kind of cookies are you making? I still haven't made cookies

Yesterday I alternated with small bursts of energy and fighting to keep my eyes open. I tried to take a nap but every single time I started to doze off people started texting like crazy.

I did accomplish
    • emptying 1 kitchen cabinet and wiping it out
    • moving some stuff in that cabinet elsewhere
    • moved different stuff into that cabinet
    • tried a different set up before deciding on what I did -- which means I moved a bunch of junk then moved it back and finally settled on what I did
    • all beds stripped, sheets washed and back on bed
    • load regular laundry
    • couple random odd ball things

I didn't fix supper last night. Dss went out with a friend. Dh & I had cereal. Dh had a big lunch & it was hot so I knew he wouldn't want much to eat.

I slept better last night. Still had some crazy dreams and woke a few times but nothing like the night before! I am so thankful.

Today:
    • porch time -- here now
    • bathrooms
    • living room -- notice some drop & go piles
    • laundry - towels
    • that room - ds2 needs to do some work in there, poked my head in this morning for something
    • paperwork
    • store - I really don't want to go
    • bills
    • haircut - ds2
    • pick a spot & work
    • decent supper
    • photo work

As much as I am enjoying my porch, slight breeze, sunshine coming through the trees, birds chattering and tons of squirrels out playing I guess I need make sure ds2 is moving along on school and get myself moving.

Have a GREAT Thursday!!
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 20yo ds, 17yo ds

Good morning!

I just saw Belle off to work. It's beautiful here, sunny and crisp, but when I stepped out on the porch to tell her good-bye, I could actually feel water in the air.

Heather, I hope you feel productive today!

Paige, I need to do laundry today too. We're running out of "whites." Or maybe the laundry fairy will just visit us both.

Angela, thank you. Yes, this has been the year of the plumber. Both of them joked about just moving in when they got here yesterday.

Jen, I'm looking forward to hearing about your trip to OKC. Such a lot to do there!

Michelle, I need some porch time. Maybe I'll pop over...

I posted late yesterday about the plumber coming. I am going to wake the kids up early so we can get through my time with them early. Then I will offload my pantry. You know, it's going to be a pain and the timing really stinks (much like everything else right now) but truthfully the pantry needed to be cleaned out and reorganized, so this will be ok. When it's all over.

Plans for today include: school, the pantry, taking Mom to the doctor (that's gonna be fun), figuring out how to get K to a soccer game north of here (our boys team is playing) while getting Boyo to his "friendly" south of here at the same time, actually doing said chauffeuring and juggling, doing some dance emails, figuring out something for dinner since I still haven't made it to the grocery or Costco and also I don't have time to cook. Elvis has another idc on his foot and is limping, so we need to get his healing process started.

I got a huge portion of the computer desk cleaned on Monday and feel much better about it. Little by little...

Enjoy your day!
    Robin, wife for 22 years to a wonderful man, and mama to 20yo Belle; 18yo Kitty; 14yo Princess, and 12yo Boyo.
    Words for 2015 and 2016 and probably forever: Be her.

Michelle, I'm glad you got better sleep last night!

Robin, I'm not positive what we're doing in OKC in the morning, but we have a zoo class in the afternoon and I'd like to run by the outlet shops. We're going to spend the night in Elk City and depending on weather (there's supposed to be rain) we may head out to Cheyenne and the Washita Battlefield National Historical Site or we may just start in Elk City and work our way east on I-40. We went to several of these places probably 4 or 5 years ago, so I don't think dd has any memory of it.

I've been working all morning and still have nothing to check off my list!
    *continuing on laundry
    *our sheets have been washed and are drying now
    *cooked and cleaned up breakfast
    *started school
    *made lunch
    *made hotel reservations

We'll head out after lunch for swimming and volunteering and then do more school when we get home.

Got the reminder email that there is no writing class next week. Phew. I am thankful for small breaks because this year is nuts. And I added a six week sign class for dd starting next Tuesday night. And I have to go, too. Because why not?

Michelle- I wish my POH were more enjoyable today. It's mostly just pouring. Sigh.

Jen- How do you manage to do school after you return from running around? We don't do that well at all.

AR- I hope things are coming together well for your trip.

Robin
    - Oh my! Your plumbing issues are just plain scary!

Paige- Are you all feeling better?

Update:
    • updated the school planners
    • made a lunch and did the work drop
    • made fried apples and sausage
    • school- worked with the boys in the morning
    • started today's laundry
    • cleaned the media table- for our meeting time game (it's already got another project on it and the game hasn't been played. sigh)
    • cleaned both bathrooms upstairs- including the showers!
    • the dishwasher is partially emptied

It's just gross out. It poured for a long while and was so dark out. I think it's still raining, but it's no longer pouring. We just need some sunshine. Truly.

I am off to move laundry and encourage some lunch. Then we'll do our meeting and hopefully finish up some school.
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Back from the dentist -- all is well except that almost 6 months ago (YIKES -- how did that much time pass????) I had a tooth with a big, "old" (literally) filling that is messing up, and the tooth behind the filling cracked. He said I needed a crown. Well, I postponed it, and now it's been almost 6 months. Gotta do that much sooner rather than later or else I might possibly be looking at a root canal, too. I've scheduled to start all of that in 2 1/2 weeks. UGH!!

Jen -- Cheyenne, WY????? I figure not, but ???????

Heather -- we're not good at running around and settling into school afterwards, either

AND -- how we're feeling. Hmmmmm…. Boys are still snotty. Both took Nyquil last night before bed. Apparently Ben coughed all night the night before. I'm trying to keep a decongestant in them so it doesn't back up into their ears to get them infected They're acting okay but are stuffy. I'm much better but still not 100% -- I feel stuffed up in my head -- but MUCH better than Monday/Tuesday! Thanks for asking!

Robin -- YIKES on all the plumbing issues! UGH!!!

Michelle -- I hate it when I have sleepless nights like that. Hope you sleep even better tonight!
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

Quote Originally Posted by Jen in OK View Post
    Robin, I'm not positive what we're doing in OKC in the morning, but we have a zoo class in the afternoon

Jen, how fun! Many years ago, I taught classes and day camp classes at the OKC Zoo.

Re: plumbing and my house in general - Y'all, I'm trying to have a PMA here, but it's taking an awful lot of work.
    Robin, wife for 22 years to a wonderful man, and mama to 20yo Belle; 18yo Kitty; 14yo Princess, and 12yo Boyo.
    Words for 2015 and 2016 and probably forever: Be her.