Update:
    • had the dishwasher fully emptied
    • reloaded it
    • folded two loads of laundry
    • switched a load and started more
    • switched that load and started more
    • hung up some laundry- put some in the dryer
    • did some blog work earlier- the start of a task I need to complete today

We need to finish up a few school items and call it a day.
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

I haven't read any of the thread yet.

Home Construction
    A little drywall - almost done with everything but bathrooms
    Finished another bedroom of outlets

WE HAVE HEAT!!!! Ryan was working all day on it (from 7:30am to 3pm), tweaking this and that in the system. I helped on and off as needed and I made two runs to town - one for O-rings, all the ones that came with the manifold were crap and broke, and one for more distilled water, we were a couple gallons short.

I'm tired.

At Home
    Verse copywork
    My kids are alive, and my mom fed them, so all is well.

I am ready for bed (I can't imagine how tired Dh is after a night of working and then working on the heat all day.
    Mom to Silas (13), Cedric (11), Aria (9) Titus (7)

Look on education as something between the child's soul and God ~ Charlotte Mason

Ok, getting caught up on the thread now that I've relaxed for an hour or so.

Heather: My printer stopped working last week, now I am dreading that it's going to start working in the middle of the night and print a million sheets of nothing I need anymore - I just unplugged it.

I have so much trouble figuring out how to do meals like that, too. I won't compromise for Cedric, but I ignore my own intolerances when we are out. I probably should stop doing that, but it's hard to bother people about what is in everything all the time.

Robin: That plumbing can really stink. Yuck!

Paige: Ick on the dentist and everyone still congested. Get better - and take care of that tooth before it's any worse! I'm terrible at going to the dentist, so I can't say much.

Angela: Bummer on the TOMS, I've always wanted a pair of those...

Jen: I agree with everyone else. I have no idea how you go out and then do school all in the same day. You, and your kids, are really amazing like that.

Michelle: I'm glad you got better sleep and could enjoy your porch a bit today, it sounds lovely out.

To Do:
    Laundry - have a few loads to put a way, and too many to count to wash
    Paper piles - they really are getting smaller, but not in maintenance mode yet
    Get mail? - I forgot when we were at the house, but it's cold out - I don't want to walk back there, maybe I'll drive
    School, though I'm not feeling it, I know we have to get it moving
    Board game - nice, relaxing one, so I'm not letting C pick it out.

Look on education as something between the child's soul and God ~ Charlotte Mason

Paige, just Cheyenne, Oklahoma! Some day I would love to take a trip out west, but not this weekend.

On doing school after we've been out....This is definitely something we've had to work on. It has gotten easier as the kids have gotten older and it really depends on the subject. Anything that requires me to be a very active part that isn't something fun has to happen before we leave or it's not going to happen. So we plan accordingly. Ds has gotten pretty good at being flexible with his work times because he knows that if he wants to do things out, school work is going to have to get done, too. Ds is only 9, so her work is pretty light.

*went to swim team--did some school with dd while we waited
    *Street Cats
    *food pantry
    *made cookies--chocolate chip
    *started swim laundry
    *prepped dinner
    *finished Rifles for Watie with ds

We need to head out in a little under an hour and before then I need to:
    *get laundry set to start later this evening
    *make sure ds knows what he's doing on Spanish
    *keep baking cookies
    *get the clean sheets back on our bed
    *clean our bathroom

I think that's the main stuff...then tonight we can get ready for our trip!

Truly, I am just popping on to whine. I really need copious amounts of chocolate right now. Sadly the only thing chocolate can do in reality is make me fat.
    Robin, wife for 22 years to a wonderful man, and mama to 20yo Belle; 18yo Kitty; 14yo Princess, and 12yo Boyo.
    Words for 2015 and 2016 and probably forever: Be her.

Oh Robin - sometimes gaining a few pounds is worth it when the crazy stress points come all at once.

Sigh, I decided my homemade laundry powder doesn't get rid of odor enough - and I made a huge batch because my practice batch seemed to work great. I guess I'll go buy something tomorrow.

Good evening!

All that's left on my list is trip planning--though that's basically done--and packing. I'll read to the kids in a bit while they do their packing and then hopefully get everyone headed toward bed at a decent time.

I'm not sure if/when I'll be able to check in this weekend, so I hope you all have a wonderful day tomorrow and Saturday!!

Jen- Have fun on your trip! Do you travel every weekend?

Robin- Maybe a little chocolate will hit the spot?

Jekka- We use All Free detergent. They make an odor attacker version of it now too. Which is pretty cool. Also, I think we have heat now too! Dan has installed our new nests. They are so cool to look at. To be clear, we have it but it's not on.

Update:
    • blog work- started another weekly email
    • had last load of laundry moved to the dryer and hung up
    • picked up dh and R
    • made dinner
    • went to choir
    • hung out with R hearing about school
    • played Wii bowling with the kids- in prep for real bowling tomorrow

I'm going to load the dishwasher and do one more task before it's Harry Potter time. We're coming into the last quarter of the book, I think. Joshua is enjoying having me listen for the first time. I used to let my credits stack up. Now we're waiting month to month for the next credit to add to our HP collection. Jim Dale is a fun narrator.

Have a great night!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Heather: My boys listen to Harry Potter constantly. We got the Stephen Fry version from ebay years ago - I love both narrators, and sometimes wish I had the Dale versions, too. I might look into All Free with odor attacker, that sounds like a great economical choice if it doesn't make me itchy.