Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Friday DECLUTTERING!

Default Friday DECLUTTERING!

This Week's Challenge: Laundry rooms, entryways, foyers, mudrooms- clean them up, hoe them out, get them in good working order!

School Challenge: Tidy up from this week of school.

Inspiring Thought: There are always flowers for those who want to see them.~ Henri Matisse

For me today:
    • school
    • meeting time
    • art time
    • keep up with the kitchen
    • make a food list- head to the store
    • call the eye dr- see if either pair are in yet
    • laundry
    • organize my studio
    • desk work
    • blog work
    • bowling at 4pm
    • college girl transport
    • pick up E at the airport!- at 11:30pm (I'm staying with J, but everyone else wants to go)

The big news today is that Ethan is flying home for fall break! We've been looking forward to this day for weeks! Next on the list is that the SUN is shining! It's been so, so long.

Rebecca came home with Dan last night and came home with us after choir. She needs to go back today and pick up some things to stay for fall break. So cool they are the same break dates! She has some studio work to do today, but she's planning on working in her own studio. She only has one discussion section this morning and then she's free. She'll be bowling with us today.

And I'm hoping to last the day well given I was up at 4am with a food reaction. Ice cream was the culprit. That's going into the trash today. Sigh. Anyway, school this morning and errands/bowling later on.

Have a great day!
    Last edited by Heather W; 10-05-2018 at 11:51 AM. Reason: added today's quote- finally!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Robin -- come on over! We can have porch time I am so sorry about all the problems

Jen -- y'all do such fun stuff

Heather --Wii bowling is FUN Did R have a better day?

Paige -- sorry about the dental work. Hope everyone feels better!

Jekka -- YAY for heat! Is there anything you can add to your homemade detergent to help with odor?

Yesterday:
    • school
    • paperwork
    • library
    • bank
    • ds2 haircut -- he needed it BAD
    • grocery
    • put stuff away
    • cooked supper - baked fried chicken, potato slices baked & sprinkled with seasoning cheese & asparagus
    • glued ds1 shoes -- he came home last night with them held together with electrical tape
    • load laundry

Heather -- AWESOME having both home!!! I know y'all will enjoy!

Dh is off today but he is heading to a big city 2 hours from here. His mom's uncle passed away and she was wanting to go to the funeral. Dh didn't want her going that far alone (and her car isn't the best). Dh boss agreed that MIL shouldn't go alone.

Interesting morning on my porch. Started nice and calm with pretty sunshine (and humid).
    Now there is still pretty sunshine but the landlord of house on corner and his worker are doing something to the house and yelling.
    Ds1 went and got in the truck to go to work but his boss didn't leave. Then they all got out of the truck and started unloading stuff. Now mowing and weed eating the yards on this street.

Haven't seen a hummingbird this morning but I sure have seen a bunch of mosquitoes

Was hoping to stay home today but I forgot I have to fax a paper and of course I don't have a fax machine. Please pray all this works out.

Today:
    • school
    • make sure ALL info is on paper
    • fax paper
    • laundry ??
    • pick a spot and work
    • supper
    • photo work

There is more I need to do but will be happy to get this done.
    Slept pretty good last night. Woke a few times but went back off to sleep. Had really weird dreams all night.

Have a GREAT Friday!
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 20yo ds, 17yo ds

Good morning! It's a lovely morning out.

Heather, I am excited that your two are going to be home!

Michelle, I hope your faxing works out.

DH is working from home this morning. Belle is sleeping in. The other two girls are up. I'm getting ready to get Boyo up, and then hop in the (basement) shower.

After school, I will take P to her Bible study. It's almost an hour away so I will wait there. We leave at 1 to get there at 2. It ends at 4:30, but we have to leave at 3:45 until early November to get her back to soccer practice. Today Belle is going with me and we will have lunch and catch up.

Meanwhile back at the ranch: Yesterday was fairly awful. Robb the Plumber left on Wednesday after giving me the assignment to clean out my pantry, which contains all our food, spices, small appliances, serving dishes, and more. I did that yesterday between school and taking Mom to the doctor. So, between the pantry and the basement, every horizontal surface in the house is covered. I had serving dishes on the bed last night. I'm really struggling with this. Really. Robb came back while I was at the doctor with Mom. There are now holes in my pantry, powder room, and mud room ceilings. By holes, I mean bigger than 2 feet. He will come back this weekend to continue the work.

I took Mom to a doctor appointment. She actually wanted me to make the appointment, but once I told her that I had made it, things got... unpleasant. She called me yesterday morning to ask me to get groceries, I told her about the appointment, and she dug in her heels. She called me an hour before I was to come get her and told me she was sick. She was making it up. She was angry and cussing at me from before I even got her in the car. She threw a fit in the exam room, cussing and raising her voice and stomping her feet. in the exam room she at first refused to let the doctor look at her, called me a liar and manipulative for taking her there, and argued with the doctor. That's the short version. Then I took her to the grocery store. She has an appointment for a CT scan next week. I can't wait.

But, today's a new day. A shower, caffeine, maybe a little pear crumble for breakfast, and away we go. I am just looking around and laughing.
    Robin, wife for 22 years to a wonderful man, and mama to 20yo Belle; 18yo Kitty; 14yo Princess, and 12yo Boyo.
    Words for 2015 and 2016 and probably forever: Be her.

I'm so sorry, Robin! I know it's so hard. Please know that the doctor understands, too, since this unfortunately is not uncommon.

Heather, I'm excited for you to have everyone home!!

Michelle, enjoy your day!

Just looking at a few maps before we head out!

Jen- Have a fun time!

Robin- I'm sorry things are hard right now. I can relate.

Michelle- I got a lot of yelling when I'm out on my porch too. It's cool but sunny. I'm going to head out there when I finish school with the boys. They've already Wii bowled today.

So far:
    • made breakfast
    • read this morning- from a new copywriting book. In the early morning...
    • made Dan's lunch
    • dropped R at campus
    • grocery store- to get ingredients for game snacks
    • back to campus- to pick up R and have her deliver Dan's lunch to his office
    • checked over school work done so far today

My Kindle Fire was charging last night. That's what we listen to Harry Potter with. While I was awake this morning I thought to use it and realized it was in my room. So, I picked up my recently charge Kindle Paperwhite. I always forget how much I like reading on my Paperwhite. And I got some reading done because I wasn't tempted by my internet connection.

I think I'll get some laundry started and see if we can knock out the rest of school for the day.
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Update:
    • started laundry
    • folded a load out of the dryer
    • hung some jeans on the line- that were drying in the bathroom last night
    • checked in on R's project- it's so cool! She is enjoying using her own machines vs those in the studio on campus.
    • loaded and started the dishwasher
    • washed dishes and wiped the counters
    • wiped down the kitchen table
    • wiped down the POH table
    • got boys moving on finishing up school
    • heard from E- who is on the shuttle to the airport! eep. I think it's about an hour to the Indy airport from Purdue.
    • updated my planner- into next week (we are taking off until Wed) and working on my meeting plans

His flight doesn't leave Indy until 7:30 for Detroit where he has another layover before departing to Syracuse. Hopefully he can fly in and out of our town most times, but an hour beats 11 for a pick up!

The boys gave input on how they want meeting time to go. So, we'll do it. My main requirement is to work together on something (even if it's a game) and to read aloud. I got opinions on options for a read aloud. I think we'll do some middle grade fiction.

I'm hoping to finish up here and sit out on the porch.

This just in! Our glasses are IN! I called and didn't leave a message earlier. Then they called me a bit ago and said Isaac's were in. So, I asked if mine were in and she was like I don't know. Then looked in her box and said yes you are next on my list. Woot! She was going to hang up and call me right back. Thankfully, I'm impatient!

Hey all A quick check in …..

Heather -- enjoy your kiddos! Thankful they could be home at the same time Have fun!!!

Michelle -- hope you got the stuff faxed!

Robin -- sorry about the turmoil with your Mama

Jen -- have fun!!!

Here:
    * no coop today -- it was an off week, which was perfect timing for us!
    * I had a haircut at 9
    * ran a few errands
    * M. had a birthday party to go to -- K. took her to meet friends -- they went to lunch and bowling. She had a great time.
    * Kids have been helping me cook this afternoon, getting ready for our full church weekend.
    * that's about it.
    Ya'll have a good evening!
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

Robin - thinking of you today. That's a lot to have to take.
    Mom to Silas (13), Cedric (11), Aria (9) Titus (7)

Look on education as something between the child's soul and God ~ Charlotte Mason

Robin- That is a lot going on. I'm sorry about the house, the plumbing, your mom. Praying the pear crumble was perfect!

Update:
    • put our sheets in the dryer
    • made a plan with R- she was not finished enough to go bowling with us
    • eye dr- to pick up glasses a the optician
    • bowling- the boys played two games and I visited with moms and enjoyed watching them play (no melts, no broken bones, etc just a normal, fun outing)
    • home to make dinner
    • back out to get R- who had taken the bus back to campus to finish up in the studio there and turn her garment in
    • visited after dinner
    • messaged with my mom- who told me one of my kids has a lot of problems for his age Thanks, Mom. I had no idea.

Ethan has been texting his way back east. He's boarded a plane for NY and will take off shortly. The pick up party has departed from home to be there early in case he gets in early. Poor kid has been on the road since 1 this afternoon. Thankfully, the way back to school is like 5 hours total.

My glasses. I'm still not happy with them. They aren't right. I called the optician right back and she gave me a few suggestions. She wasn't happy with me. I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I will try her suggestion in the morning, but I feel like the dr hedged on the prescription and didn't explain things fully to me. These are frighteningly expensive lenses that they remade on their dime once. I don't think they'll do it again. Please pray they turn out to be ok. There is some adjustment because they are progressives and the lenses are bigger so the transitions are different than my current glasses. Sigh. The distance prescription is a problem. Ugh.

I am tired at this point. Not sure how I'm going to stay up another 2.5 hours or more. I'd guess they'll get in about 1am after getting him. He's only doing carry on so no bags to claim which will cut down on time. But, the airport is on the north side of the city. That'll take longer.

Ok...time to find something that'll keep me awake. Maybe my walk. I have over 7K steps today but not enough heart points on my Google Fit.

The pear crumble was amazing. And especially with the ice cream.

It will all be OK. Things aren't going the way I want them to, but it's ok. And I will just work on having control over not letting things get to me during this time. My biggest areas of struggle are the lack of margin, which right now means I literally don't the time to deal with anything that has come up that is not in the schedule; and becoming visually overwhelmed and retreating. I simply can't retreat right now.

Heather, i'm sorry about your glasses. They are so hard. I wear progressives in my glasses and most of the time they're ok. But sometimes I suddenly can't see out of them. I also wear bifocal contacts and we have been trying to get this pair right since March. I gave up in August. I can't see out of them, so I only wear them when looking good is more important than actually seeing.
    Robin, wife for 22 years to a wonderful man, and mama to 20yo Belle; 18yo Kitty; 14yo Princess, and 12yo Boyo.
    Words for 2015 and 2016 and probably forever: Be her.