Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saturday DECLUTTERING!

Default Saturday DECLUTTERING!

This Week's Challenge: Laundry rooms, entryways, foyers, mudrooms- clean them up, hoe them out, get them in good working order!

School Challenge: Long range planning and prep

For me today:
    • get E to the bank before they close
    • book sale- the twice annual runs for 3 weekends sale begins today
    • play games
    • studio time
    • laundry
    • keep meals moving for the day
    • blog work

It's storming right now which does not fit with standing in line at the book sale. Or else the line might be shorter!

Basically, we're all about the family time this weekend and then just doing things as I can. Ethan looks great. So fun to have him here for a few days!

The barometer is falling which is giving me a headache. Not helpful when it comes to the new glasses. This is my fourth pair of progressives. It's not easy to just throw them on in the late afternoon when you first get them. It's best to start fresh in the morning. So far, they are doing ok this morning. I hope they settle out. Really, really hope they settle out.

Ok...time to get moving again.

Have a fabulous day!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Heather: Sorry the glasses are so troublesome! I hope this new pair works out. Have fun with all your kids at home!

Home Construction
    So Far:
    A couple outlets
    Assembled the laundry sink
    Ryan turned on the hot water and dealt with leaks - one fixture broke - the cheap shower one.
    Discussed and came up with a plan for the bathroom corner - the toilet goes over the wall edge about an inch, so we have to be creative in how we put it together.

To go:
    more outlets
    drywall bathroom
    Finish up fixing plumbing issues
    Dad and boys are working on cabinets

At Home to-do:
    Copywork
    laundry
    vacuum
    dishes
    clean my bedroom
    Mom to Silas (13), Cedric (11), Aria (9) Titus (7)

Look on education as something between the child's soul and God ~ Charlotte Mason

Oh, Heather, I do hope they settle out soon. I'm glad E is doing well.

It's beautiful here today. The kids are asleep and I am trying to get some thought work done. Our first dance is tonight. We typically have a crowd of about 25-30. At the end of last week we had sold 6 tickets. By the middle of this week, it jumped up to over 50. We hit 99 at bedtime last night. This is a learning thing. I think I am going to have to see if there's some sort of ticket app. Right now we are using PayPal, then I create the ticket and send it. Also we are going to need a cut-off.

Although I slept later than I intended, I still feel fatigued. DH had an appointment this morning, and then will do some yard clean up when he gets home. He attached one of the electrical boxes in a column; he plans to do the other one so I can finish the columns today.

We don't have soccer this weekend. It's been years since we've had a completely non-soccer fall Saturday. I had planned to take advantage of it for gardening, and even put that on the calendar with glee, but it's realistically not going to happen. We might get a bit done but obviously other things are a priority today.

I'm looking forward to Robb the plumber's arrival at 3 today, and hoping to get Elvis in to the vet asap this morning.

Have a great day, everyone! And let's all plan on a nap for tomorrow!
    Robin, wife for 22 years to a wonderful man, and mama to 20yo Belle; 18yo Kitty; 14yo Princess, and 12yo Boyo.
    Words for 2015 and 2016 and probably forever: Be her.

Robin - I am glad you have a soccer-free day today. You have a lot going on, friend. I hope this break helps!
    Enjoy the dance!

HW - Enjoy the kids! I hope you adjust to the new glasses!

Jekka - Y'all are amazing! Have you read the Johnathan Bean book, "Building Our House?" Our library had a copy and I really enjoyed reading it. He also wrote the homeschooling picture book, "This is our House, This is our School."

Good morning Ladies!

so far today:
    everyone slept in a bit
    Bible reading
    breakfast
    I went to target to get some things for our trip.

Dan and the kids have been picking up. Dan also scrubbed our shower. I was thankful, because it needed his man-power.

up next:
    keep cleaning
    lunch
    Dan has a 5K this afternoon with his boss.
    H and L both have ball games at the same time.

This evening:
    more cleaning and packing.
    Loving, learning, and living in central VA with my adventurous husband of 14 years and our three children.

So far:
    • enjoyed hearing Game Day football upon coming down the stairs this morning- Ethan is home!
    • took him to the credit union- got some things worked out
    • book sale- with just Rebecca. We had a great time. Spent money.
    • had lunch

Now we need to figure out what we're doing the rest of the day. Please pray that the third born can have an enjoyable weekend. He has so many expectations and I'm afraid they aren't going to be met.
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

The kids and I went to the eye dr. this week. Ds had no change. Dd needed an upgrade. I need bifocals I knew it was coming because I've been doing a lot of squinting/taking off my glasses when I needed to read something. Bifocals are PRICEY!! With insurance, dd gets new lenses and frames for $36. With insurance, just my lenses are $300! CRAZY!! I'm a little nervous about getting them after reading about everyone's experiences on here!

Yesterday we had a day off co-op. Nice to have a day where we didn't need to be anywhere. The day before dd had tried out for a play with a homeschool group. Found out last night that she didn't get a part. We went into it with that thought - since she has never tried out for a play before. Unfortunately, she still felt crushed for not getting a part. She takes things very personally. She kept asking what I thought she did wrong. I told her probably nothing - just that there were only 22 parts and 40-50 kids who tried out. I hate to see her so discouraged, but it is a good lesson to learn. Unfortunately often in life we don't get what we want. She seems better today, but there was a good amount of crying last night. *sigh*

Heather - glad you get to have all your kids home for a bit. What a blessing!

Angela - you will have a fabulous time!

Jekka - great job on all the work on your new house! Progress!

Robin - I hope many/all repairs happen in your home today/soon, and no new problems arise! I read about your mom's dr. visit the other day. So hard! My mom is slowly, slowly starting down that path. She's gotten mad at my dad re. several charitable donations that they can no longer do because of needing to budget their money. My mom has always had a giving heart, which is good. But I don't think God intends for you to give away all your money! (which is what she'd do if she was allowed to give to everyone she wants to give to!)

So far today:
    • BSF leader's meeting
    • Read BSF notes
    • Got ds to a b-day party
    • Sent email re. dd's b-day party next weekend (escape room for her and 3 friends - and me since an adult needs to be there)

Still to do:
    • Call parents
    • Plan school for next week
    • Little tidying
    • Read for fun

Hope everyone has a lovely day!

Joelle- Are you getting bifocals or progressives? To put your mind at ease, this is my fourth pair and I've never had a problem! I encourage you to get the progressive rather than the bifocal because you'll have an in between lens for things that aren't far and not reading close- the three feet range. They are glorious! Bifocals will mean that you only see reading distance or far. The in between distance is great for looking over shoulders at things, playing games at a table when things are a couple feet away across the table but not far and not right under you.

My first pair of progressives were on a small lens and I didn't have much of that between distance and then I started getting larger glasses and it makes a difference.

You will LOVE them when you have them. I was worried about the first pair, but I adjusted to them well and it's been great.

My new glasses- Everyone will be happy to know that I am adjusting to them! My eyes were not prepared to start letting the new lenses do their work. They are relaxing now. The change in my prescription is small and I'm sensitive to small changes. I mean I was telling them my distance vision was not as crisp and they did measure a change, but it's slight. So, I notice small changes.

The other thing to adjust to is where my reading and distance portions in the lens are. These are the biggest lenses I've ever worn, it's taking some work to find the sweet spots. You get used to it fast though and then you don't even think about it.

The first time they just made them incorrectly. I'm not sure what was up with that.

Everyone

Heather -- YAY for kids home!! Enjoy!!

Robin -- hope the plumber gets it all fixed & you can enjoy some of your day

Joelle -- hope you adjust to the new glasses quickly & ouch on the price. I need to go to eye dr but ouch

Jekka -- hope y'all can get all the details worked out

Angela -- wahoo for tub done!!

Yesterday evening I was talking to the boys about supper. They mentioned they might go somewhere with T. T came over but they didn't leave. Then ds1 asked if I would order pizza, they would pay. Jokingly I said "if I find a good deal do I get some of y'alls pizza?" They said yes. I had a coupon for 1/2 off pizza So yeah I ate pizza too
    Also let them have the living room, I headed to the bedroom to watch tv and read. Dh didn't get home until close to 9pm

Today dh is working at the museum. Went in at 9am and probably won't be home until midnight. Not sure why he had to go in today but I know after hours is a concert.

It is also Arts & Crafts at the lake this weekend. That means lots of yard sales on the way. We don't go to the arts & crafts (I don't really care about it and WAY to many people for our family to enjoy). We usually go to the yard sales up to a certain point then turn around and do them on the way back. Boys and I went this year but didn't even stop 1 time. I told the boys to let me know when to stop. Mostly we saw LOTS of pink, tons of clothes and glassware and junk. We don't need pink, clothes or glassware and definitely not junk. Yeah we might have found something nice if we stopped but did I mention it was HOT and CROWDED.

There wasn't as many yard sale but there was extra people this year. Also about a mile before the turn off to the lake traffic was backed up. That means it was backed up all the way from arts & crafts (several miles down the road) to this turn We were on a side road and could see all this traffic.

We may not have gotten out anywhere but we had a good time.

J2 came over almost as soon as we got home. T came over about an hour later. The boys hung out a little bit then headed to get ice cream (McD $1) and hang out and ??

I guess I could be doing stuff but I am not A nap sounds really good.
    Last edited by MichelleTN; 10-06-2018 at 07:45 PM.
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 20yo ds, 17yo ds

Heather - yes, they are progressives. They cost a little more because I got the anti-glare coating (which I have on my current glasses) and they will be cut in a special way (high definition, maybe??) They talked me into that, so I'm hoping it is actually helpful.

Michelle - I don't think I'd enjoy and Arts and Crafts thing that is that busy! Sounds like a lovely day

I've only napped and talked to my parents. Oh - and take a short walk outside. We're in the mid 60s and sunny here. Lovely.

Maybe I'll plan some school for next week now. And then read!

I just need to say.....I have AWESOME boys
    It is a Saturday night and my boys and T decided to go get food. Then they told me to come on and go with them. I said no ...so they could hang out. They all looked confused and said "why not? come on". They are all so sweet.

I didn't go, beginnings of a headache. But they all 3 kept saying "you can come. Do you want us to bring you food?"

Oh and I did offer to cook. I asked what they wanted and I would cook (within reason ) but they said "nah relax"

Love those boys
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 20yo ds, 17yo ds