Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Saturday DECLUTTERING!

Michelle- So cool! You do have great boys!

Joelle- Nice! Mine cost almost $500 not including the frames. I don't have anti-glare, but I do have polycarbonate and scratch coating. Love them. Of course, it's always the way that I can't wait to get new glasses and then it takes me a long time to love them. A long time. Sigh.

Update:
    • spent a little time on the POH- but it was getting time to get dinner going so it wasn't long
    • decided not to go to the corn maze- I heard thunder and rain was headed our way (thought it never made it)
    • made spicy pork tacos
    • prepped game snacks
    • cleaned up my multiple messes- spent most of the late afternoon and evening in the kitchen
    • cleaned a bathroom
    • front yard was mowed- before the rain came
    • a/c units were taken out of the windows

Today was a little slow with some tension here and there. The college kids are beat. The boys want to do things. Not a good combo for family harmony. The weather didn't cooperate either, so we'll do the corn maze on another weekend at night. We could go during the day while everyone is home, but we'll just wait because R can go another weekend with us. They'd rather go at night than have E with us and he doesn't want to go during the day. So, there you have it.

J has had a rough day. He didn't sleep well with E home in the top bunk and just did not do well today. First time in a while he needed to take something for his head. Sigh.

It's late and the game is still on. VA Tech held on to the half, but Notre Dame pulled wildly ahead in the second half. Stink.

Have a good night!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Ladies! I’ve been busy and haven’t had a chance to post in awhile. Here’s how I spent my Sunday:

-prep for teaching children’s church
    -worship team practice
    -sang with the worship team
    -taught Sunday School
    -drove people home
    -talked with a church member for a bit
    -went to a produce store
    -made salad for a very late lunch (at 3)
    -washed some dishes
    -general living room tidy up
    -a little piano practice
    -sorted through all of the socks in the house and a big box of sox my MIL sent us
    -deleted over 2,000 e-mails from my junk e-mail account

I’m rather tired, so I think that will be about all for me today. We’re struggling with teens keeping regular sleep schedules around here. I’m also wrestling with finding the right balance between a strict schedule and just going with the flow. Hopefully this week we’ll get a better grove going.

All these new avatars are so fun. So I updated mine.

Joelle, all your talk of glasses reminds me that I really need new ones. I haven’t been to the eye doctor in three years. The frames I currently have are bent and give me headaches. I really need to drag dh off with me to do it (I need his help in communicating with the eye doctor).

Heather, I’m sorry your visit had some ups and downs. I hope you did still enjoy some quality time with everyone home.

Michelle, you mean your boys aren’t all into cute pink junk? I’m glad you had fun anyway!

Jekka, the idea of building my own house is something that I love the idea of, but would probably hate to actually do the work. Good for you for doing it. I hope it turns out to be everything you hope it to be!
    Last edited by Lindsey Carter; 10-07-2018 at 09:06 AM.
    Lindsey Carter
    Wife to Chris for 19 years and Mom to Wesley 15, Adelaide 14 and Hudson 11