Thread: Sunday DECLUTTERING!

Default Sunday DECLUTTERING!

This Week's Challenge: Laundry rooms, entryways, foyers, mudrooms- clean them up, hoe them out, get them in good working order!

School Challenge: Plan for a new week of school.

For me today:
    • breakfast and church- not an easy task for us!
    • cider mill
    • studio time
    • laundry
    • play games
    • make a nice dinner
    • blog work

That's about it. The biggest hurdle is likely to be getting out of here this morning. It's late and many still need showers.

Have a great day!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Good morning!

Heather, I sympathize with the struggle to get out the door! I overslept an hour and didn't think I was going to make it, but I did--with damp hair, but it started raining, so it was all good.

We were gone all day Friday and Saturday on our trip. We got back around 7:00 and I did some laundry, started the dishwasher, made my grocery order, then watched some shows with dd while I worked on artist study stuff.

Today's plans:
    *laundry--one load done, will do more later
    *church--need to pick up dd soon
    *grocery pick up--done
    *parking lot shift--hopefully not in the rain
    *choir
    *ironing
    *prep chili meat for the crock pot tomorrow

Also getting ready for the week and random tidying...as always!

Have a great day today, friends!

Good morning!

Everyone is at church this morning. I went to Ss and then came home in case the plumber comes. Whether Robb comes or not, I am going to take a nap. I know that I need to take one 'proactively' or I will crash later when I can't afford to. My hope is later today to get the roast in the oven, run 2 small errands, and do some enjoyable work.

The dance went well last night. It was fun, I hope, for everyone, and we are already thinking of improvements to make so the next one will be even more so.

I'm also feeling hopeful that the plumbing will be resolved by Monday evening so that we can get our pantry put back in place. That will take away such a visual burden for me.

Have a lovely afternoon!
    Robin, wife for 22 years to a wonderful man, and mama to 20yo Belle; 18yo Kitty; 14yo Princess, and 12yo Boyo.
    Words for 2015 and 2016 and probably forever: Be her.

So far:
    • church- with those who made it out. Choir was to be light this morning, so we could not ditch.
    • lunch
    • blog work- needed to email some customers and print out a tax form (so two things off my list so far)

We are leaving for the cider mill in a few minutes.

That will get us back in time for me to make some dinner- roast chicken with mashed potatoes and a veggie. Dessert will be the pie we get this afternoon with ice cream.

Time to run!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Just saw a Kindle Fire deal on QVC (computer not tv). In clearance they have set of 2 -- 2018 8" HD 16GB fires & vouchers for each a case. For $100. And have the option to buy the warranty.

In case anyone is looking for them
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 20yo ds, 17yo ds

So Far:
    Church
    Grocery Shopping
    Lunch
    Dishes
    Clean under couch

I'm not really sure what to make for supper - but I should start that soonish.
    Mom to Silas (13), Cedric (11), Aria (9) Titus (7)

Look on education as something between the child's soul and God ~ Charlotte Mason

It’s Monday morning here and I need to have a good, productive week. Today is our light school day. Wesley works on a lot of his film editing work and Hudson and I usually have piano lessons. However, the piano teacher is out of the country at the moment, so we have an extra 2 hours today.

School plans
    -math with Hudson
    -phonics with Hudson
    -math with Addie
    -phonics with Addie
    -math with Wesley
    -read aloud
    -play a board game

Other plans:
    -try out the organic produce store I recently discovered
    -grocery shop
    -clean up the disastrous kitchen
    -hunt down all our glasses. We’re down to using mugs! I have a sneaking suspicion they are all in the kids’ rooms.
    -practice piano
    -make something for dinner
    -make a pie?
    -mall trip with dd?

Heather, pie sounds so good! I just might have to make one!
    Robin, I hope you get the pluming issue resolved!
    Jen, the nice thing about my new haircut, is that I no longer have to blow dry. I can just let it do its wavy thing.
    Lindsey Carter
    Wife to Chris for 19 years and Mom to Wesley 15, Adelaide 14 and Hudson 11

Good Evening I have been on here a few times and kept thinking of things and jumped up to do them.

Today:
    • cleaned coffee maker - both sides - mine makes single cups (but doesn't use the pods) and full pot
    • cleaned out fridge
    • put chicken on pans in freezer
    • cleaned out the double cabinet
    • washed a TON of dishes
    • emptied dish drainer - several times
    • made hummingbird food, cleaned feeders & refilled
    • picked up living room
    • vacuumed
    • cleaned table beside my chair
    • updated calendars
    • lots of texting with stepmom
    • cleaned both bathrooms
    • load clothes washed, dried & put away
    • load towels washed & dried
    • extra scrubbing on couple ds1 shirts
    • meals
    • all trash emptied
    • big can to road
    • shower

And seems like a few more things but I can't remember right now.

Hope everyone had a good day!!
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 20yo ds, 17yo ds

Michelle- That's a great Kindle deal! You've been busy today- well done!

Lindsey- super cute avatar! Is that a new haircut? I'm used to seeing it long and straight and it's short and curly!

Update:
    • cider mill- just after I checked in earlier. Got some fresh cider right from the press, bought fresh donuts, bought some cider and a pie to take home This is a cider mill with a press dating to 1870. So fun to watch!
    • played a long game of super Scrabble- both before and after dinner
    • Stargate was watched- they are approaching halfway through the final season of the spin off series and poor Isaac has to wait for college breaks to watch it. I think they'll fit in one more this trip- the second part of a two parter they started with today
    • spent tons of time in the kitchen making food
    • cleaned up the kitchen some
    • started broth in the crock pot

Mostly, we've just been having fun hanging out with the college kids today. One more full day with everyone before we take E back to the airport. I have a pass to play mini golf a the science center, so I think we'll do that and play games.

Have a great night!

Afternoon update: The older dc are still dragging. I did get some things finished.
    School plans
    -math with Hudson done
    -phonics with Hudson done
    -math with Addie
    -phonics with Addie
    -math with Wesley
    -read aloud
    -play a board game

Other plans:
    -try out the organic produce store I recently discovered done. It was pretty spendy, so I didn't get much there
    -grocery shop done
    -International store done
    -clean up the disastrous kitchen
    -hunt down all our glasses. We’re down to using mugs! I have a sneaking suspicion they are all in the kids’ rooms.
    -practice piano
    -make something for dinner
    -make a pie?
    -mall trip with dd?

Heather, Yes. This is the new haircut I got a few weeks ago.
    Lindsey Carter
    Wife to Chris for 19 years and Mom to Wesley 15, Adelaide 14 and Hudson 11