Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do y'all get sticky tape residue off of skin?

Default How do y'all get sticky tape residue off of skin?

From bandages, and various medical stuff? Eliana still has some on her skin from surgery. Gentle scrubbing with water and washcloth has not helped. She is in a lot of pain still so I have not been aggressive in getting it off.
    Leslie Nelsen, Family Room Moderator
    Wife to Roger, Mom to Christopher (24) married to Emily, Rebecca (22), Joshua (18), Isaiah (16), Daniel (13), and Eliana Joy (11).

Generally I use a bit of oil to rub over the area which will help release the "stick", if it was mega sticky soaking the area in warm water & using the oil a few times over works. I know when in PT for my knee the fellow used some kinda mega tape that left such a residue.. I used a scrubbie to try & get that stuff off, you know, before being more sensible & pulling out some oil.
    Kendra, wife of Lawrence, mother of three.

I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves.

Rubbing/gentle scrubbing a little vitamin E oil, avocado oil, or olive oil on the skin may help.

Hugs. Hope her pain goes away very soon.

(Artwork courtesy of the American Library Association.)
    Celebrate your freedom to read! Read a banned book!

Oils would probably work

WD40 definitely works. Stinky but it works
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

Thanks friends. Starting working on parts of it tonight. The oil is helping a lot. Thank you!
    Wife to Roger, Mom to Christopher (24) married to Emily, Rebecca (22), Joshua (18), Isaiah (16), Daniel (13), and Eliana Joy (11).

Quote Originally Posted by Paige P View Post

WD40 definitely works. Stinky but it works
    This was my 1st thought
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 20yo ds, 17yo ds

Leslie, do you have any Uni-Solv from Joshua's diabetes supplies? When Sarah was younger, I always used Uni-Solv wipes to loosen/remove pump sites and CGM sensors. Now she just rips them off, but I find them super useful for removing anything adhesive.
    Mom to Grace (15), Sarah (13), and Hannah (11)
    Using my college degree in ways I never imagined....

Laura - Yes! Great idea. Her skin is super sensitive and I've gotten some of it off, but still a good bit there. She is still not feeling great so I have just left it so as not to hurt her any more than she already is, kwim? Thanks!

Leslie, how is Eliana feeling today?
    IN THE END, ONLY KINDNESS MATTERS
    Mom to 5 girls and 5 furry kids too
    21 Years Homeschooling and still learning

Use your YL oils. Any of the citrus oils will likely take it off instantly without effort. I'm sorry she's having trouble!
    Melissa, Five in a Row Staff - Community Manager
    Married 19 years to Robert. Homeschooling Jacob, 16, and Mattie, 12 all the way through.

"Once your enemy, now seated at your table. Jesus, thank you!" ~ Sovereign Grace Music