Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: October 8-14 meal thread

Default October 8-14 meal thread

Oops forgot to post yesterday! Still packing, loading up the trailer. Trying to use stuff up. Tonight was chili and broccoli and coconut pudding. Odd combos are a happening thing around here right now!
    Wife to Darrell, mom to John, Patrick, DJ and Ryan, Stepgrandmom of 5, grandmother to Adam, Harper, and Alexander. Done homeschooling but not done learning!

We had a huge church weekend with lots of food and fellowship, and we're still in the midst of eating leftovers from that and last week.
    Last night we had the choice of either beef tips and rice OR chicken cacciatore. Sides were salad, butter beans, carrots, and butternut squash (various combinations of those).

Tonight we're going to have ham, spaghetti squash, salad, and ???????
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

Merrilee -- hope the packing & move goes smoothly! When is actual move date?

Yesterday we had cheeseburger tator tot casserole & chocolate chip cookies. I finally made cookies!
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 20yo ds, 17yo ds

Quote Originally Posted by Merrilee Morse View Post
    Odd combos are a happening thing around here right now!

Last night we had turkey tenderloins, angel hair pasta, and broccoli. Tonight is ham, potato pancakes, and fried green beans. I didn't know fried green beans were a thing until I had them at a restaurant when we visited the LIW house last year in Mansfield, MO. Then I saw them in the frozen section at the grocery store, and they're not bad!
    "Ree-bee," Mom to former United States Marine ds and math teacher DIL * artist dd 20 * motion-loving ds 17 * piano-playing ds 12
    "For Miss Minnie loved children and she loved books, and she taught merely by introducing the one to the other." from "A Consent," by Wendell Berry

Michelle. we aren't certain yet. My brother is in Detroit right now; his son-in-law is standing trial for attempted murder for firing a warning shot over the head of a teen who was attempting to break into his house. We will commence our move when the trial is over.
    Wife to Darrell, mom to John, Patrick, DJ and Ryan, Stepgrandmom of 5, grandmother to Adam, Harper, and Alexander. Done homeschooling but not done learning!

Wow Merrilee!

Yesterday we had chicken curry and today we're having leftovers from Thanksgiving dinner that we had this weekend.
    Sunshine - mom to 4dc - dd11, ds9 1/2, ds8 and ds6 1/2.

Tonight was garlic smashed potatoes and chicken fingers.

Oh MY Merrilee

Last night was pork loin sandwich and chips

Tonight should be meatloaf, mac & cheese and green beans??
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 20yo ds, 17yo ds

Monday: We ordered pizza

Tuesday: Chili and cornbread and a bagged salad from costco (dried cherries, blue cheese, crispy onions - it was yummy!)

Merrilee - Praying for your brother's SIL!
    Loving, learning, and living in central VA with my adventurous husband of 14 years and our three children.

Tonight is frozen pizza and veggie dippers cuz I am lazy.