Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tuesday DECLUTTERING!

Default Tuesday DECLUTTERING!

This Week's Challenge: Kitchens! Clean out food storage in the frig, freezer, and pantry, organize cupboards, clean flat surfaces including the floor. Give your kitchen some all around love.

School Challenge: Paper work- school related paper piles, computer desks, and evaluating work.

Inspiring Thought: If a year was tucked inside a clock then autumn would be its magic hour. - Victoria Erickson

For me today:
    • bake cookies- though that is not a given at the moment. I'm going to see how things go when I finish this post and walk into the kitchen. Time is short.
    • early lunch at CFA- in North Syracuse which is one exit north of the airport
    • drop E at the airport
    • laundry- I'm behind.
    • clean the kitchen
    • art time- possibly with R (she may sit with me on the POH and do her work)
    • studio time- J has been sleeping on the floor in there while E has been home
    • printers drawers- ? maybe Dan would do those for me today
    • school planning
    • blog work

It's so warm in the house. The humidity is off the charts. I'd rather make cookies when it's 50* this coming weekend. Through Thursday the temps will be hot for this time of year and then we're going to plummet rapidly to 50* during the day and in the 30s at night. That's be fun.

So, I'd better get moving. This morning it's all about E and CFA and the airport. R is unsure of her plan. She needs to pick up something on campus during business hours and get an essay edited before tomorrow. Her decision is whether she will just go back to school and deal or do that and come home until she has to go back.

Either way, I will be doing some work to get things back in order and all that.

Have a wonderful day!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Good morning!

Heather, I'm glad you guys have gotten a good visit with E!

Never got back to posting, but we got everything done. We took a friend to 4H and took her home afterward so we didn't get home until late. As for the MRI, it's just a routine one that I have to have every fall just to keep an eye on things and then a mammogram every spring. Fun stuff!

Today we get to be home until after lunch because writing is off for fall break!

*laundry--regular load done and then I'll do swim stuff and towels later
    *kids' sheets
    *school
    *clean out fridges
    *PE
    *mail bills
    *library--if holds come in
    *cupcake store--to get treats for tonight
    *swimming lessons
    *sign language class for dd and me--and make sure dh remembers he's picking up ds

Since out schedule is full, I added a sign language class. Dd has wanted to take this and was signed up this summer, but it didn't have enough people so it didn't happen. They were offering it Tuesday evenings for 6 weeks, so I signed up thinking I just need to keep trying and some day she'll get to take it. Well, it made, so we'll be there after swimming lessons for the next 6 weeks. She's excited. I'm worried I won't be able to keep up with the class!

Have a great day today, friends!

Good morning, all

Heather -- hope the baking, transporting, etc. all go well today! I'm glad ya'll have had some good family time this week

Robin -- I'm SO sorry about all the plumbing mess!

Here:
    * some kids are still sleeping -- M had an upset stomach yesterday and didn't feel great. Cale and Ben are still battling colds (although Ben seems a good bit better today). I'm letting kids who need rest get their rest. We're not trying to run out the door, so it's a good time to do that.
    * laundry's moving already. The ironing pile is huge, but I don't know that that's going to happen today.....
    * SCHOOL is big today (and really this week as we're HOME almost all week! -- hurray! -- it should be a great week for school!).
    * Cale has mandolin at 12, so we'll head to town for that. Not sure if we'll go to the library afterwards or not -- we have some books that we've requested come in.....
    * consignment sale stuff? (didn't touch it yesterday)
    * friends are coming to swim around 2 this afternoon -- probably the last hurrah.....
    * supper will be leftover ham, spaghetti squash, salad and ????? (need some options for those who don't like the other veggies ).

Really trying to focus on school this week and be productive while we're home. We had a couple of not-so-stellar weeks last month when we had lots else going on, so it's times like this that help balance I'm sure ya'll are probably the same way.

-- I need to text another Mama about Ben and her son getting together to work on science Olympiad stuff -- she didn't respond to my call yesterday

Ya'll have a great day!
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

Heather -- hope your day goes smoothly. Glad you had a good few days with the whole family

Jen -- well of course you needed to add another class you bunch of slackers Seriously you are an amazing mom & teacher! You will do great!

Paige -- rest is good. Hope everyone feels better soon And enjoy swimming!

Our weather is suppose to change too. It has been in the 90s. Today & tomorrow is suppose to be in the 80s. Thursday in the 60s with lows in the 40s.

Right now it is humid, warm and breezy. But so pretty the way the sun shines through the swaying branches.
    I have only seen 1 hummingbird this morning. I think that 1 just came by to say goodbye I will still leave my feeders out for awhile to make sure.
    The squirrels are having a good time.

Today:
    • sheets - mine are already in dryer, boys in washer
    • school
    • Ch 1 - kitchen
    • carport??
    • delete pics from phone - have tons extra I don't need to keep
    • photo work
    • supper

Ds2 just told me he wanted to take me out for lunch. One of the Mexican places does tacos super cheap on Tuesday. We get tacos, chips & salsa and water
    I told him we would go if he got a certain amount of school work done He LOVES tacos, chips & salsa so he grabbed his books and has been working away

Last night I made a "goals for October" list. Yes I would love to get all of it done but what was I thinking. I didn't get this junk done over summer and I think I can accomplish it all in 3 weeks. I have gone crazy

Have a GREAT Tuesday
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 20yo ds, 17yo ds

Michelle, crazy might be a more accurate description...ha! But this is such a hit or miss activity because they offer it randomly and lots of times it doesn't make, but it's the only class for her age in the area. So here we go!

Paige, it's good to have a chance to sleep in!

Really glad we didn't have writing class because we just had a tornado warning. Thankfully the cats were easy to round up and I had enough reception to text dh so he could let us know when it was past us. Before that...
    *changed the kids' sheets
    *morning basket
    *school work
    *cleaned out fridges
    *got bills ready to mail

Ds's PE class is outside, so it's off and I think he's planning to stay home when I take dd in.

Home Construction:
    Made Ryan lunch
    Cut holes in one piece of sheet metal
    Cut Trim for one piece of sheet metal
    Drywalled bathroom ceilings (not quite done)
    Changed what we were doing with the middle bathroom surround - again
    Dh did more stuff, no idea what, but it was a lot I'm sure and he's tired

Mortgage called - dh needs to do a conference call with them and the bank whenever they call him back - apparently the loan is showing that it's due, so they need to get it cleared up with the extension - fun stuff.

Because of where we are in the mortgage, we can't open an Home Depot card right now - so my parents are financing our appliances, I feel a bit bad about this, it's just the really good sale is really bad timing. They don't care at all, they actually offered before we asked knowing where we were with it all.

At home To-Do
    Gather bills together - taxes, a couple construction ones
    Verse copywork - I forgot to write the verse of the day out before I left. My kids always yell at me when I forget this. It's their one required morning activity - they wake up after I leave, do copywork on the verse of the day, and then they can do electronics until I get home. Oops. They settled that they could play minecraft together despite my lapse in responsibility.
    Get together with mom and buy my appliances

Pick out a new toilet - oh our toilet saga... I don't think I ever told you guys this because it started before I came back on here - So we changed the bedroom configuration early on because the builders put our windows and patio door in the wrong places (because it was much, much easier to put them where they did, just a few inches here and a foot there). This meant that the bedrooms were a bit larger and the door openings were in different places - which made the bathroom wall a half a foot shorter. No big deal, except our toilet hole was set in stone (well, concrete, really). Then we went and changed where the bathroom door was, too. No big deal until we realized our toilet didn't fit at all. We managed to get it looking nice at an angle (and almost like we meant to do that), but this means the tank was jutting into the wall about 1.5 inches, and we have no space to change where this wall is because, bedroom doors... We left it like this thinking we'd just mess with the inside wall a bit and it'd all work out. Now that the time to mess with it all has come, Ryan just wants to buy a new, smaller toilet because it will look much better and be much easier.

I will come read/ respond to the thread later, Somehow I have stuff to do.
    Mom to Silas (13), Cedric (11), Aria (9) Titus (7)

Look on education as something between the child's soul and God ~ Charlotte Mason

Jen on the tornado warning! Did ya'll build a safe room in your new house?

Jekka -- on the toilet saga. Hope you have luck finding a smaller one that works!

Here:
    * worked on school
    * worked on laundry
    * took Cale to mandolin
    * ran by the library
    * home
    -- friends are coming over soon to swim (I'm certain the Mamas won't swim -- doubt it's warm enough for me ). We'll see.
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

Jekka, I'm sorry about the toilet troubles! It's all those little domino effects that make building so hard!!

Paige, swimming sounds freezing! Of course, a couple of days ago it would have sounded lovely! We definitely put in a safe room! I will not have another house without one!

*went to PE--I worked on some math things and listened to The Jungle
    *mailed bills
    *picked up cupcakes
    *got gas
    *talked with our 4H leader about an ongoing issue

I decided I'll run by the store in the morning when it's hopefully not raining. I'm also putting off the library since my holds aren't in. Now I need to see what else needs to be done before leaving for the evening in a little over an hour.

Paige- It would be fun to swim here today! It's 80 with a real feel of 85* with the dew point at 68*. Yesterday the dew point was 70*. Not a fan. Especially in October. However, I'm glad the sun is out today because it hasn't been out much lately at all.

Jekka- The smaller toilet is a good idea. Then you'll have a tiny toilet

Jen- Wow you had to use your safe room! Yikes!

Michelle- Did you enjoy your lunch out? Ours was rushed. E had his flight time wrong and we could have relaxed a bit. Sigh.

So far:
    • made french toast for breakfast- we ate light though
    • CFA- north of Syracuse. For just about noon is was so not busy. I think the CFA has not caught on up there yet and the employees need some CFA quick mojo because they weren't as fast I'm accustomed to.
    • airport- rushed in only to see his departure time was 45 minutes later than he thought, but that's good because we were running to get there
    • said our good byes- it was rough last night but today it was ok
    • had dishwasher emptied
    • reloaded the dishwasher
    • trash can was put back at the garage
    • took R to campus- to get items for a paper. She's not a happy girl right now. (I took her to get two different items and now she still can't get the work finished- the TA gave them information they needed after break started on Friday and now it's not complete. Sigh.)
    • dh has been doing yard work- took out the old mail box post and the sundial pavers we don't use (they took the sun dial). He's planning to re-seed the yard this fall.
    • writing- did a lot of writing on the way to lunch and while I waited for R this afternoon at various spots on campus
    • took laundry from the dryer- as R put hers in the washer this afternoon
    • swept the kitchen floor- what a mess from the last few days!

It's humid and gross in the house. Thankfully, there is a breeze but the moisture is in everything. Dan always takes the a/c out before he really should. He could easily have seen we would need it until this Thursday! Oh well. It's going to be 30 some Friday night. I just have to wait a few more days...

Ok...I guess I need to think about making some dinner. I have more to clean in the kitchen as well. I'm currently distracted by three different FB messenger conversations!

E is boarded for Indy and gets the pleasure of a 757. I wonder what movie he'll watch. It's such a short flight. I can't believe he gets a plane that big!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Oh my gosh. I love my husband and he can make a financial plan years out in ways I could never do, but I am going to go insane trying to get across to him when and where he's picking up ds tonight. It's like I've never had a conversation with him about this. Except I have. Several times.

Yes, we had to go to the safe room! The sirens were going off and I didn't realize it! Whne we got in the safe room I looked at my phone and the first alert was almost 10 minutes old! It went north of us, so that was good. I would be mortified to die when sirens were going off and I was 20 feet from the safe room, oblivious.