Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tuesday DECLUTTERING!

How are you all having such warm weather? That's crazy. It's been a cold fall here - not a bad cold, but sweaters/ jackets and hats have been standard for over a week.

Jen: I'm glad you are all ok with the tornado warning. Sign Language is so fun, I think it was a great choice to add it to your crazy schedule.

Heather: I'm glad you had a good weekend with your college kids, and they both got back to campus! Well, or to the airport anyway - that is a big plane for a small trip, sometimes airlines are funny like that.

Paige: Enjoy the swimming!!
    Mom to Silas (13), Cedric (11), Aria (9) Titus (7)

Look on education as something between the child's soul and God ~ Charlotte Mason

Jekka- I should have added he flew through Detroit. So, he left Syracuse and landed in Detroit and was on a flight to Indy from Detroit on a 757! It's only about 45 minutes long.

He's landed in Indy and is on shuttle back to Purdue in West Lafayette. It's about an hour's drive.

Since earlier:
    • fixed dinner
    • loaded the dishwasher
    • made sure R moved her laundry to the dryer
    • hung some of her laundry out- because I adore that job
    • took R back to campus for real- we only stopped in earlier (I'm sure we'll see her again soon and not just because we have a good deal of her clothing at the house)

And I've been relaxing at my computer again participating in three messenger conversations.

I should work with some of the notes in my writing notebook and get some things on my blog.
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Jekka, I'm so sorry. Would something like this help?

Today has NOT been a good day in terms of household issues. I just had a huge meltdown. Y'all, I just want to cry. Just cry.
    Robin, wife for 22 years to a wonderful man, and mama to 20yo Belle; 18yo Kitty; 14yo Princess, and 12yo Boyo.
    Words for 2015 and 2016 and probably forever: Be her.

Hey Y'all,

Sorry I've been MIA. Things have been busy, but I think I've just been anxious etc.

Here is what we have been up to:
    Saturday: I went to Target in the morning for some stuff for our trip. H and L both had ball games at 2, but thankfully at the same complex. Dan had a 5K race at 4pm that he ran with his boss and another friend from work.

Sunday: I was up early and arrived at church early to make and set up the coffee.
    Dan arrive with the kids and we greeted. After church, Dan and Logan left for NoVA to go to step-MIL's big fund-raiser for the Humane Society, Paws and Pints. After the event, Dan stopped by his grandma's house and they had a nice visit. I took the kids to Costco and bought some easy foods for the grandparents. Then, home to prepare for the final book club.
    I prepared for the book discussion then fed the girls an early dinner. Then we headed to church. They helped me set up , then went to Middle School Community. The last book discussion group was great.
    Everyone got home around 9pm.

Monday: Shortly before 6am, I heard my dog stirring. He sleeps on the floor near my side of the bed. He tried to stand up, and then slammed into the bed frame. I thought he just lost his balance, but he was breathing heavy and couldn't stand up. We turned on the light and also notice that he was holding his head at a funny angle and that his eye was twitching. Dan picked Hunter up (he is a 60 lb. lab), and carried him down stairs and then to the back yard. Hunter couldn't stand, his back leg wasn't doing what he wanted and he was still breathing heavy etc.
    Ladies, I thought this was the end for our "old friend." I was crying and we were discussing whether we would all just go to the vet to say good bye or if Dan would go alone first and then we would come.
    As we were waiting for the vet to open, he started rallying and kept trying to stand. I was trying to get him to rest, but Hunter was being stubborn. Eventually he did stand and was stumbling around. Dan carried him outside again and Hunter was able to relieve himself. By the time the vet was opened and called in response to Dan's e-mail, Hunter was almost back to normal. We think it was a "idiopathic vestibular disease," also known as "Old Dog's disease."
    Honestly, I thought it was the end for him, but it seems the Lord wants him to be around for a little while longer.

Dan had the day off and we cleaned, did laundry, packed, and got rid of some things.

Tuesday:
    Converted Logan's room to the in-law's room
    In-laws are here and we have been visiting.
    Cooked chili and cornbread for dinner and smiled when I noticed that my MIL left all the kidney beans in her bowl - ha!

- - - Updated - - -

Robin - I am so sorry you are dealing with all of these plumbing issues!
    It all sounds so stressful!

HW - I'm glad you had all of your kids at home at once even if the weekend didn't meet everyone's expectations!

Jen - ASL class sounds great! I've always wanted to learn!

Michelle - Tacos! Yum!

- - - Updated - - -

Jekka - My dad bought an RV-sized fixtures for a tiny bathroom he put into his garage. Maybe that would work?
    I'm sure you just want stuff to work at this point!

- - - Updated - - -

Hawaii update - Our flight leaves Thursday morning bright and early!
    Dan and I are driving to NoVA tomorrow afternoon and will spend the night at his Dad's house (yes, two sets of in-laws). I am getting excited again!
    Loving, learning, and living in central VA with my adventurous husband of 14 years and our three children.

Oh, Angela! I'm so sorry about Hunter. I'm sure that was so scary! I'm glad he rallied!

Robin, I think you're entitled to a meltdown. Or 20!