Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wednesday DECLUTTERING!

Default Wednesday DECLUTTERING!

This Week's Challenge: Kitchens! Clean out food storage in the frig, freezer, and pantry, organize cupboards, clean flat surfaces including the floor. Give your kitchen some all around love.

School Challenge: Paper work- school related paper piles, computer desks, and evaluating work.

Inspiring Thought: If education is in part an atmosphere, then creating and atmosphere of peace should be of utmost importance. - Teaching from Rest

For me today:
    • finish up PTE
    • grocery store
    • school time
    • meeting time
    • school planning
    • art and reading time
    • walk/drink water
    • laundry
    • vacuum
    • kitchen
    • blog work

This is sort of a Monday for us today. Hopefully we'll catch on quickly. We got a little turned around with it being like a big holiday for us all.

I hope you all have a lovely, peace-filled day!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Good morning!

Not sure peace is the word today...but we will find pockets of it! Well, the kids will get to be home all day and I'll be laying in the MRI machine. So I guess they get a nice, peaceful day.

*laundry--a couple of loads plus towels
    *school--make sure kids know what to work on while I'm gone
    *MRI
    *grocery store--just need a couple of things
    *pay pikepass bill
    *sweep tile
    *vacuum living room
    *kids' bathroom
    *artist study/tea time
    *call about fairy garden class--may be too late...
    *dd to gymnastics and church
    *ds to swim team
    *library

This is normally our all day at home day, but I need to go to this appointment. At least my kids are old enough now to stay at home instead of having to shuffle them around...

Have a great day today, friends!

Jen -- Yikes on tornado YAY class went well

Jekka -- that is very sweet of your parents and I am glad you could get a good deal. Hope you can find a toilet that will work

Paige -- did the moms swim?

Heather -- I did enjoy lunch Sorry y'alls was rushed.

Robin -- I am sorry the day was bad

Angela -- you have been busy! Glad your dog will be with you longer. Wahoo almost time!!

Heather -- you will be confused for a couple days, at least I would

Good Morning

I am on my porch again. A little cooler, a lot wetter (raining on and off) and cloudy. This is a GOOD day to curl up and read (and I have several books waiting). But I guess I need to actually do things

Ds1 was scheduled for ac work today so the rain didn't affect his working. And of course the rain won't effect school, except I will make him do more

Today:
    • store - forgot to get a TAG gift yesterday, will be seeing person today
    • living room pick up
    • meatloaf out of freezer
    • kitchen work
    • hall
    • load laundry
    • finish deleting pics from my phone
    • photo work

Instead of secret sister this year our group is doing TAG. There is a card with everyones name on it. You buy a small gift for someone on the card. Mark their name off the card and give them the gift and the card. Then they do the same, working way around the whole group.
    There was some stressing on the secret sister gifts, felt needed to give something every month. This way it is 1 time thing.
    The TAG was given to me....a 20oz coke, snack size bag of chips and some pens and cute note paper. The mom that gave it to me knew I liked coke and chips

Ok better get moving. One of my friends will be stopping by to drop something off later. She has never been in my house (just worked out where she hasn't). Her house is always so neat & clutter free. Mine is NOT So I would like to at least get it looking somewhat better.

Have a GREAT day!!
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 20yo ds, 17yo ds

Good morning, all

-- Jen -- hope all goes well today! And, yes, it's nice when kids get old enough to stay home alone. That helps tremendously!
    I wondered about the storm room. After the tornado here in '11 and we saw all the massive devastation, when we built our house there was no doubt that we'd build a storm room!!!

-- Heather -- hope ya'll can get back in a groove today!

Michelle -- I like the TAG idea Much easier and much less pressure!
    -- Oh -- swimming. No, the moms didn't swim. It's a bit too cool for us In fact, we asked the kids afterwards if it was cold. The boys said no. The girls said "kind of" My boys might get to swim today -- depending on the rain, but that's probably it. Maybe this weekend? Maybe???? Tomorrow on (except Sunday), it's in the 70s with lows in the 50s. The water will cool off FAST. But, it's mid-October. Sometimes they're still swimming at this point, and often the end of the season is the end of Sept. It's time. I'm ready for fall!

Robin -- I hope today is a much better day and than things start coming together!

Angela -- on Hunter. I'm thankful he rallied! I hope all goes smoothly getting kids settled with grandparents, and I hope ya'll have a FANTASTIC time away

Here:
    -- SCHOOL -- that's the main thing on our agenda today.
    -- we're HOME again today. Hurray!!!!
    -- M. has piano lessons this afternoon -- not sure if I'll take her or if I'll let her drive herself-- it all depends on the rain. If we're having strong winds and rain, I'll drive
    -- I do have to run to WM quickly for just a handful of things, but that's not a big deal.
    -- church tonight at 6
    -- and we're having leftover hot dogs and hamburgers for supper at the church after church services -- they were leftover from the get together Saturday night. I'm going to make a sausage dip to go along with it.
    -- maybe I'll get to work on consignment today? Still haven't touched it
    -- another goal for today is for Katie to FINISH/submit her Univ. of AL application -- that needs doing NOW -- you can't even access scholarship info until the application is submitted, and I need to know requirements for those so we can get to work on that. All of those dates are quickly approaching ….. Plus, she needs to be accepted so we can do a tour (which I've heard is helpful) and then do an Honors college tour (and determine if that's something she wants/would work out -- long story -- she'll have almost a year behind her because of early college, and you have to have so many "honors" classes, we need to make sure it'll work.... ) Anyway, we've said AFTER LUNCH is our "date" to get that done!

That's it.

Ya'll have a great day!
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

Good morning! It's another uncharacteristically gray day here.

Heather, the timing of CH1 slays me.

Jen, praying right now that your MRI is perfectly clear.

Michelle, I like the TAG idea.

Paige, I'm glad you get to have a home day.

I slept in again today; it was almost hard to get up and face things. But I'm better now.

I saw Belle off to work, supervised the minimal morning chores, and fixed breakfast. The kids are doing math. We are getting ready to do table time. Except there is no table.

Yesterday, I put on my big girl drawers and reworked my plan. My new plan was good, and was even husband-approved. I was going to winterize the chicken coop, finish the columns in the basement, and start our demo on the remains of my pantry. The chicken coop thing held me up. LSS, there were numerous frustrations and roadblocks that shouldn't have been there. Combine that with the cold and the rain and I was. so. done. Then I turned around to see a rat. Normally I could have continued working and dealt with the rat later, but yesterday I just couldn't. I just came in the house and sat in the dark. Eventually DH called and I unloaded on him. He told me to just stop and do nothing and have a break. K did dinner for us last night.

Today we will do table time, then the kids will work independently on school. While I am at Mom's appointment with her, they will work on the little bit of the house that is exposed enough to be cleaned.

Yes, you heard that correctly: I have to take Mom to another appointment. I totally dread this. After I drop her back at her place, I will stop at Trader Joe's for Pumpkin Joe-Joes. I will probably buy all they have and eat them on the way home.

Tonight we have choir practice.

While I do not have a good attitude today, it's not as bad as yesterday, so I consider that an improvement. And we'll just see what happens.

I hope you all have a chance to read a chapter in a good book today!
    Robin, wife for 22 years to a wonderful man, and mama to 20yo Belle; 18yo Kitty; 14yo Princess, and 12yo Boyo.
    Words for 2015 and 2016 and probably forever: Be her.

Robin: Praying as you take your mom to another appointment - get those Joe-Joe's, they will be a great treat at the end of everything - rat, mom, etc - sometimes a good attitude just isn't on the menu. Hang in there.

Paige: Good luck with the college app! The inability to see scholarships is annoying.

Michelle: The TAG does sound much nicer and less stressful. I've never really liked secret sister giving, it can get crazy.

Today is slushy, snowy rain (or is it rainy, slushy snow? I can't tell) and cool. I walked to my house in it like normal, but was glad to get a ride home at the end of our work day.

Home Construction:
    Bathroom ceilings - both are done
    Bathroom wall - almost done
    Shower surround
    - I tacked waterproofing up
    - We worked out the plan for the sheet metal - need to go to menards and get a couple things first.
    Outlets - I did one while Dh was working on sheetrock - every one counts.

That took all morning.

At Home
    Breakfast - done
    Verse copywork - done
    Enrolled in health plan - done
    School worksheets
    Go through mail
    Get bills sorted and paid
    Catch up on construction spreadsheet
    Check email
    Decide what co-op events to attend next week
    Pick up friends
    Youth Group

I really hope the weather clears up before I have to go to Youth Group - I don't really mind it now, but the roads haven't been treated yet, so it's going to be a slushy, slippery mess if the slushy ick stays past sun down.
    Mom to Silas (13), Cedric (11), Aria (9) Titus (7)

Look on education as something between the child's soul and God ~ Charlotte Mason

Quote Originally Posted by Paige P View Post
    -- Jen -- hope all goes well today! And, yes, it's nice when kids get old enough to stay home alone. That helps tremendously!
    I wondered about the storm room. After the tornado here in '11 and we saw all the massive devastation, when we built our house there was no doubt that we'd build a storm room!!!
    Our old home in Moore was destroyed in the 2013 tornado--there was no safe room there. After seeing the 1999 tornado and living where some of the largest and deadliest tornadoes have been, there is no way I'd ever build a house here without one. Ours is not as large as the one in our last house, but it's carpeted (it's part of our closet), so that's nice!

Robin, praying for strength for you! Any one of the things you're dealing with right now would be tough!

Michelle, I love the Tag idea!

Jekka, you're getting lots done today!

*Did the towels, moved regular load to the dryer, started one more regular load
    *MRI
    *school--kids actually worked well while I was gone, so just a bit to finish
    *Neighborhood Market
    *made lunch
    *made cookie dough--will get it in the oven soon
    *paid pikepass bill
    *called about Fairy Garden class--it's full. Boo!

Next up is some school and chores!

Hello Friends.

Dan and I said goodbye to the kids, dog, and grandparents today.
    Logan was pretty upset, but trying to be brave.

We stopped by BIL’s work to pick up his dog. He is currently separated from his wife and the dog has been spending long days in the apartment alone. My (other) in-laws offered to keep him for a bit and since we are headed there we offered to pick him up.

We have to leave my in-laws at 4:30am tomorrow to catch our flight. ����

- - - Updated - - -

Hw. I hope you are getting back to your routine without too much trouble.

Robin. Iím glad you took a break last night! Hang in there!

Michele-sounds like a nice gift!

Paige- I hope you can get all that college stuff sorted out!

Jen - that is great that you can run errands alone!
    Loving, learning, and living in central VA with my adventurous husband of 14 years and our three children.

I hope you all have such a great time, Angela!! I'm excited for you!!

AR- Enjoy your fabulous trip!

Jen- I hope the MRI is clear and I'm glad the storm passed you by!

Robin- You have so much going on. I hope things settle down for you!

Michelle- I'm out on the POH for real! I've been out here for an hour and a half or so and I plan to sit here until I get up to make dinner and then I'll be back out after that. Because today is the last beautiful day for a long time. With it being practically mid-October, I don't know how many more days like this we'll get. I feel like I missed out on a lot of good days this season! Stink.

Paige- I know Alabama is a shoe in for your daughter, but if R had not gone on the tour and then the specific college tour (within the university) that would have been a deal breaker on admission. I hope you have finished the application process! A little over a year ago (October 4th), Rebecca turned in her application to Cornell early admission. What a difference a year makes!

Jekka- Your house is coming right along. I also think that cold weather is coming our way!

Update:
    • worked on PTE
    • made dh's lunch
    • had dishwasher emptied
    • grocery store
    • got everything put away
    • meeting time
    • packed up R's laundry
    • started today's laundry
    • hung out the laundry
    • started more laundry
    • conferenced with J on the continuation of a project
    • caught up on my reading journal- still more to do
    • messaged with my mom and R

Now it's time to move the laundry again and hang out the few things from that load that need to be hung. It's a noisy day out here. The shooting range is down in the valley and it's busy there. Plus, there are a ton of kids at the park this afternoon. That's still better than next door and who knows. Some of the kids might the same- although, I don't here the obnoxious screaming.

I'll be back out to grill burgers tonight for dinner. Dan took his bike to work today. R wants to be picked up after her karate class. She really just does not like the constant hum of activity and noise on campus.
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).