Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wednesday DECLUTTERING!

Michelle, we were rear-ended once by a woman who was texting. Belle, with her new license, was driving and we were all in the car. We were in a Suburban and she was in a Malibu or something similar. Her car was totaled. She convinced us not to call the police because it looked like only our bumper was damaged. She gave us a copy of her insurance card. It turned out to be fraudulent - she had no insurance. Because we didn't call the police, they couldn't go after her. Our insurance had to cover it. I learned a lesson. I will call the police fo every fender bender.

I took Mom to her appointment. I worked things a little better this time, like not telling her in advance. It was still a big fight and a moderate scene before we even got her out of the facility. Once I got her to the appointment things had the opportunity to go south very quickly. Turns out they had called her instead of me yesterday to confirm the appointment and she cancelled it! Thankfully they were willing to work her in, though we had to wait about 45 minutes. They turned the tv on to a game show and that distracted her for most of it. After the appointment I took her to the grocery store. Though it was very difficult and slow, she was pretty cheerful and behaved well. We had a fairly nice time.

And yes, on the way home I stopped at Trader Joe's, only to find them out for the season of pumpkin corn chips, of pumpkin butter, and..... not out of Pumpkin Joe-Joes. They were out on the shelves, but had an unopened box (their last one) in the back. I bought 8 packages. I wanted 10 but I restrained myself. Others love them too, and after all, peppermint Joe-Joes will be here in December.

I've taken K and Boyo to church, and now I am going to figure out something for dinner quickly (I missed lunch and am sooo hungry) because I have to be back at church at 7 for choir practice.

Have a lovely evening!
    Robin, wife for 22 years to a wonderful man, and mama to 20yo Belle; 18yo Kitty; 14yo Princess, and 12yo Boyo.
    Words for 2015 and 2016 and probably forever: Be her.

We made it home! The boys are still at church - my dad is bringing them home after his meeting, so they will be about an hour still. First snowing drive of the season is always interesting. The roads weren't bad, but the visibility was low. It's really pretty outside, though. I love the first real snow of the season, where it sticks around and coats the fall leaves. Aria and Titus were having a snowball fight with their friends for a bit before we came home.
    Mom to Silas (13), Cedric (11), Aria (9) Titus (7)

Look on education as something between the child's soul and God ~ Charlotte Mason

Robin- So sorry about the appt and your mom, but hey you got a case of Joe-Joe's!

I just want everyone to know I'm still out on my POH. It's 9:15pm.

I feel like this is the last hurrah of the year! Maybe we'll get a few more warm days but not for the next 10. I mean, tomorrow the high is still 74* but the forecast is for storms and Friday we won't get past 50*. So, I'm thinking that's a morning high temp.

Update:
    • grilled the burgers- and made a salad for dinner
    • loaded more things into the dishwasher
    • worked on my blog post- I still hope to publish it by tomorrow.
    • picked up R after karate- she came home to work on her embroidery machine. She had just started to embroider after the pattern she made was rendered on the computer.
    • back out to the store- for distilled water. For the solar batteries.

Now I'm back out on the POH. Probably till bedtime. I might even get J out here to listen to Harry Potter outside! Yes! He just agreed.

Jen- Thank you for asking about my mom. I would appreciate prayers for her. She, of course, is having bouts of loneliness. She goes bowling on Thursdays and she's on the league team and I know she is friendly with the neighbors, but still she is home on the mountain alone. My brother and sister have been to see her and my sister has been a number of weekends over the last few months, but I haven't been since July and I suppose we'll see her at the holidays but I'm not sure of anyone's plans. I try to answer her on messenger whenever she messages me. My brother and sister may not be able to answer her, but when she messages me she at least knows someone is listening. I can fill that role. I don't know if it's helpful or if it's enough, but right now that's what I can do. I probably need to call more and to send her cards.

In other news, I'm still not convinced these glasses are quite right...
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Here is a look at my Wednesday:
    -tried to start a load of laundry only to discover our washing machine is broken
    -called and talked to my BFF on the phone
    -set up the toys for preschool playgroup
    -hosted preschool playgroup
    -messaged future team members that are still in the USA (fundraising or finishing school)
    -made a salad for lunch
    -talked with my mom on the phone
    -helped my husband try out a kind of object lesson for his sermon
    -read some ancient history to the kids and assigned them a project to work on
    -tried out a little water color painting with my daughter
    -helped the younger kids find an audiobook
    -came up with a hands on way to re-teach some Biology to Wesley
    -taught Algebra and Shakespeare to Wesley
    -made pork roast, roasted potatoes, carrots, peas, and baked apples for dinner
    -phonics with Hudson
    -wrapped up a plate of dinner for Chris who is off leading a campus Bible study
    -phonics with Addie (my dyslexic daughter)
    -practice playing piano
    -family devotions

Michelle, we have some drizzly rain today too. Yikes on the car drama!
    Paige, I’m ready for fall too! We’ve had weather in the 80s up until this week. It has finally made it to the 70s and should even have highs in the 70s and 60s ahead, so maybe fall is finally here.
    Robin, sounds like you had a wise word from your dh. Sometimes we need a break!
    Angela, enjoy your trip!
    Jekka, wow snow! My kids were praying that we would get lots of snow this winter last night.
    Heather, praying for your mom!
    Lindsey Carter
    Wife to Chris for 19 years and Mom to Wesley 15, Adelaide 14 and Hudson 11

I’ve had a slow start to my morning. So far I:

-Made Irish porridge oats
    -Ordered a gift on line for my BFF’s birthday

Plans for the rest of today:
    -Grocery shop
    -Bake pumpkin muffins?
    -Algebra with W
    -Biology with W
    -History with W
    -Shakespeare with W
    -Science with the younger kids
    -Grammar & Composition
    -Math with Addie
    -Math with Hudson
    -Phonics with Addie
    -Phonics with Hudson
    -Practice piano
    -Family Devotions
    Lindsey Carter
    Wife to Chris for 19 years and Mom to Wesley 15, Adelaide 14 and Hudson 11

Quote Originally Posted by Heather W View Post
    I don't know if it's helpful or if it's enough, but right now that's what I can do. I probably need to call more and to send her cards.
    What I have learned in this time with my grandma is that sometimes you could be with them literally 24/7 and it still wouldn't be enough for them. You just have to do what you can do and know that that is enough.