Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wednesday DECLUTTERING!

Paige -- hope the application stuff goes smoothly

Jekka -- it just amazes me y'all have snow this early. We are still in the 80s

Robin -- I have no idea what those cookies are (we don't have Trader Joes) but I would be hiding somewhere eating double stuffed oreos (yes I know they are horrible for you but I love them )

Jen -- sorry Fairy class was full. Yall have so much fun/interesting stuff to do there

Angela -- hope y'all have an AMAZING time

So far:
    • store for tag gift
    • school - ongoing
    • load laundry washed - need to go move it
    • dishes washed
    • meatloaf out of freezer
    • both bathrooms wiped down & toilets swished
    • drain stuff in slow moving sink
    • small grocery for couple items
    • car hit, police called
    • called & talked to mama
    r
    So I decide since I wasn't wearing "around the house" clothes I would run to the small grocery for a couple items. I was thinking ahead for meals this weekend and knew I needed a couple things. Thought I was being smart. Guess I wasn't.

Ds2 rode with me. Come out of store and my car has been hit. Not real bad. Drivers side front fender has scuff paint marks and my mirror is turned in. I am looking at it when a lady in a van pulls over. The passenger says "I hit your car but I got out and rubbed off most of the marks. I think the rest will rub off too. I didn't leave."

While I am looking at the places ds2 calls dh. The lady is saying "Don't call the cops it will rub off" I tell her "I have to call my dh"
    Dh came and looked at the car. He was trying to see if it would buff out. He didn't want to get the lady in trouble and if it could buff out he was going to let it go. But there was a couple spots that was worrying him and he was looking them over good.
    The guy who works with dh was with dh and came over and looked too. The front fender is cracked.
    The woman says stuff like "I trust y'all wouldn't say things are wrong that was there before so you can trust me. Don't call the cops, I will make payments to y'all"

We didn't call the cops but someone did. The police filed a report and took the lady to jail She was driving without license or insurance. This was not her 1st offense...or 3rd.

After she hit me she pulled over and made the younger woman get in the drivers seat. That was all told to the cops too.

I really should have stayed on the porch today.
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 20yo ds, 17yo ds

Angela: Have a fabulous time!!

Michelle: Joe-Joes are like oreos only better - and their seasonal flavors are to die for. EEK! on the car - that's just crazy. And what a horrible move trying to make the poor younger person take the blame.
    Mom to Silas (13), Cedric (11), Aria (9) Titus (7)

Look on education as something between the child's soul and God ~ Charlotte Mason

Michelle- I'm so sorry! What happens with a claim on the cracked fender if she has no insurance? Yikes, that lady doesn't really need to be driving a car!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Our insurance will cover it then they will go after her....is what the policemen said. I seriously hate it & so does dh. We didn't want anyone to go to jail.
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.

Hey all!

Michelle -- that's CRAZY!!! BUT, it's NOT your fault!!! She KNEW what she was doing. She's obviously hit people a number of times, and she's still driving with no insurance and with no license!!! Her license has probably been taken away from her. It's not your fault! Who knows what future accident you may have prevented by her getting locked up (and hopefully appropriately punished!). She could kill someone next time I know it "hurts" and is disturbing, but it's her fault!!!

Angela -- have a WONDERFUL time!!! What an amazing trip!!!

Jekka -- SNOW and slush?!?!?! Oh my!!!

Robin I truly hope today has been better!!!

Jen -- Sorry about the fairy garden....

Heather -- ONE year! WHAT a difference!!! Yes, there's no worry about her being admitted. I'm not sure if the tour is required or not, but even locals typically go and say it's super informative and very helpful, so we (dh and I both) intend to go with her, and we both intend to do the honor college tour with her -- there's just info we need to know, too, so we can appropriately guide her.

Here:
    * Application is DONE and submitted
    * Transcript is completely updated and waiting the embossed "stamp" from our hs administrator -- he'll do that tonight, and I'll mail it tomorrow. ACT score are already on file (although we're still hoping for 1 more point....). It's about to be done
    HUGE load off of my mind. HUGE!!!

* Mattie drove herself to piano lessons this afternoon and She'll be leaving to come home in about 10 minutes ….. OH MY!!! How quickly these kiddos grow up!!!

* The boys and I played a number of games this afternoon. First of all, Ben and I played 4 rounds of Sorry.
    * Then I made sausage dip for church tonight (we're eating there afterwards).
    * Then Ben and Cale and I played 2 rounds of Sequence.

Up next is getting ready for church and then church and then eating.

Ya'll have a good evening!
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

Paige ---- NEW Miss Fortune book out...#13 ...Swamp Spook

- - - Updated - - -

And thank you Paige

Michelle I still haven’t read 12 ....
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

I haven't either....I have it on my kindle and now I have #13 on my kindle.

I sometimes read her books as soon as they come out. Other times save them for when I need a good laugh. I have been reading a couple other series and saving. But I am ready for laughs

Speaking of Kindle books, I've ordered several books lately that give me a cash amount toward a selection of Kindle books. Today I got $7 more after purchasing a text book for R on Kindle. So, I had another look. I have $17 in rewards and I found Mere Christianity by CS Lewis among the books I could get! I have a paper copy, but I like to highlight in Kindle books for later reference all in one spot. So, that was cool.

Since earlier:
    • updated my school planner
    • sent off video series links to the boys- found a new series on Numbers in Amazon Prime
    • prepped the burgers for the grill
    • browned the rest of the package of ground beef- for freezing
    • took a look at a blog course- I think I will let it go and not get it now

Dan is working on the solar power tonight. Something isn't right. Our batteries may be failing which will mean replacing them at a substantial cost. I hope it works out.

I'm going to work on a blog post for a few minutes before going to get R.

Michelle- I agree with Paige. Her behavior is not your fault! Who knows what more serious or fatal accidents she might cause continuing to drive. I mean she hit a parked car!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Heather, how is your mom doing?

Agreeing with the others that that's totally not your fault she went to jail, Michelle! That is just nuts!

Time to go again....