Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thursday DECLUTTERING!

Default Thursday DECLUTTERING!

This Week's Challenge: Kitchens! Clean out food storage in the frig, freezer, and pantry, organize cupboards, clean flat surfaces including the floor. Give your kitchen some all around love.

School Challenge: Organize your school supplies- look for those you haven't seen in a while and do some rearranging. Hoe out if you find things you aren't using anymore.

Inspiring Thought:
    Spiraling
    Swirling
    in the breeze
    Crunching
    Crinkling
    Autumn leaves
    - Isaac W

For me today:
    • school
    • meeting time
    • school planning
    • laundry
    • kitchen
    • apple plan
    • vacuum
    • walk/water
    • blog work

We have another day at home, so I hope to get many of these items finished. I worked ahead with ground beef last night and then forgot to freeze it. I'm in the kitchen dog house. Sigh. I think I've missed the bulk of apple season. I hope to find a day when we can get to the orchard. At this point, it's looking for a day when it's not raining. Plus, I need to get pumpkins!

Please pray the my boys begin to feel better today. They've been off since our big weekend.

Have a great day!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Heather -- that is a very important role you are filling. Glad you got to enjoy your POH a long time yesterday. Hope the meat is still ok. Praying your boys feel better.

Lindsey -- you have been busy! Pumpkin muffins

Robin -- glad you got your cookies and the appointment went better

Jekka -- SNOW

It definitely feels more like fall this morning! Feels like 49 High in the 60s.
    I was out on my porch before sunrise. When the sun came through the trees it was very pretty and I looked toward the grain bins and it was really pretty...sky, sun & it hitting the bins.

Ds1 is doing ac work today about an hour from her.
    Ds2 will have lots of school.

General list:
    • laundry
    • insurance office
    • general clean up all over house
    • carport??
    • photo work

I have a very detailed list made out. One where if I do things I will see lots of check marks. Yes I am simple but lots of check marks makes me feel good

Have a GREAT Thursday
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 20yo ds, 17yo ds

Good morning!

Praying your boys are feeling better soon, Heather!

Michelle, I have a check list every day! If I didn't, I'd never remember what I need to do!

Another full day today...I'm looking forward to fall break next week!!
    *laundry--just finished
    *mowing--it needs to be done before we get more rain
    *school
    *roast in the crock pot
    *figure out a dinner plan for the next couple of nights
    *swim team--and get ds signed up for meets
    *Street Cats
    *food pantry
    *take dd to my mom and dad, who will take her to gymnastics and then dh will pick up
    *extension office for officer training night--hopefully done in about an hour!
    *ironing
    *figure out what calculator to get ds for the PSAT--not that he'll know how to use it....

I think that's it!

Have a great day today, friends!

Good morning!

It's feels like FALL here Of course, it's just right around 70 this morning, but the wind is blowing, and it's a cool breeze. The dogs are frisky. We've opened all the windows. Ahhhhhh…. marvelous And I'm going to make ham/veggie soup for supper (high is only in the low 70s today). Tonight, the lows hit the 40s. It's time …..

Heather -- oh no -- does this mean you have to throw the meat out? I know you can't really have leftovers. Praying your boys feel better today!

Michelle -- Hurray for check marks

ANGELA -- praying for safe travels and a great time!!!

Jen -- not sure about the PSAT, but the ACT is pretty strict on calculators. None of the graphing calculators are allowed. I bought Katie a $12 calculator at WalMart to use on the test. Not sure if the PSAT is the same way or not

Here:
    * Been watching the weather on tv some and seeing all the devastation It brings back so many memories of Katrina (we lived on the coast of MS then) ….. And, I'm anxious to talk to my mom this morning and see how they've fared -- although I think they're still in the midst of the high winds. And much of GA farm crops will be affected -- the cotton is in the midst of being harvested, soybeans are in the midst of harvest, pecans have a month but the wind will destroy most of the crops, and peanuts will be affected. It's a devastating loss for farmers (and I have several friends with large farms in south GA).

* SCHOOL today -- getting ready to blast off
    * then, it's Thursday, which is CLEANING day at my house -- catch up on laundry (not much to wash, lots to fold ), and get the house clean.
    * run to CVS -- we need a few things that are on sale
    * consignment stuff???? Needs doing -- depends on how everything else goes
    * get ready for coop tomorrow -- grade some papers (nothing major), get lesson plans together …..

Not sure what else will happen, but even though that's a short list, there's a LOT involved!
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

Jen- My high schoolers use this Casio graphing calculator and Paige, they both used it on the ACT! Paige here is the official calculator policy from ACT and it DOES include models of graphing calculators. Almost any graphing calculator is fine as long as the programs are removed. What you cannot have is a calculator with a QWERTY keyboard.

Here is the SAT policy and I would say the PSAT will be the same. Again, almost any graphing calculator is allowed as long as it cannot access the internet and does not have a QWERTY keyboard.

The Casio model is the TI-90 series equivalent and serves our needs very well.
    Last edited by Heather W; 10-11-2018 at 09:40 AM.
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Good morning! It's still gray with a heavy sky here.

Heather (and more of us), my minor was gerontology. I remember when I first learned about the concept of "sandwich generation." I never imagined it could be me, could be us. It's hard, friend.

Michelle, I'm glad you have such a beautiful picture to carry with you today.

Jen, another busy one! You do a good job planning.

Paige, I'm actually envious of you getting to clean.

So, I'm getting ready to head out to a prom committee meeting, then make a drop at Goodwill. I have already taken care of some soccer admin stuff and a tenant problem. I am expecting a call from 2 of Mom's doctors.

My hope for today is that we get school done, and then a little work on the basement columns. And perhaps I can even cook dinner. The plumber will be here at 11. More problems have appeared since he left. I am weary and stretched to my ends right now, and am sensing the same from the rest of my family.

Right now I am in a perpetual pity party, only leaving to check my lipstick in the anxiety room's mirror. I know this will all be okay, but getting there from here is just...

Okay, enough drama for today.

Y'all have a good one!
    Robin, wife for 22 years to a wonderful man, and mama to 20yo Belle; 18yo Kitty; 14yo Princess, and 12yo Boyo.
    Words for 2015 and 2016 and probably forever: Be her.

Robin- I'd not heard that term at all until my husband mentioned it not that long ago. My parents did not care for their aging parents in any way so I did not see this growing up. Dan's parents did and took care of an elderly aunt until she passed away a few years ago. Honestly, I think more than anything else it brings into focus our own aging!

So far:
    • made a lunch
    • did the work drop
    • started the laundry
    • loaded the dishwasher and started it
    • washed up the dishes
    • wiped down the counters
    • prepped some recycling for the bins in the garage
    • emptied the trash can into a large bag- to get the meat out (after sitting out all night, I did not save any of it)
    • updated plan books and the boys' assignment books
    • art lesson with J- I finally participated with him. I have some catching up to do!
    • watched a lesson of Cover Story with J- he's laughing right now at how easy it is for adverbs to sneak into your writing.

It's a cloudy, rainy day. But, it's a good day to get work done indoors. Yesterday, I sat on my POH for hours. It was glorious!

yes, there are certain calculators that are allowed on the PSAT--the booklet has a list. He's really not going to know how to do a lot of the math at this point, but my main reason for having him take it is just to get the experience of what it's like getting up early on a Saturday to take a standardized test. So I need to figure something out for Saturday...

The sandwich generation... I'd heard the term, but have only felt it in the last few years. I'm in the middle of the sandwich with my mom...My mom's mom is the only grandparent who's been in this situation. My mom's dad passed away of a heart attack when he was 48, my dad's mom when she was 71, and my dad's dad when he was almost 81. All of them were independent and active right up until their deaths. Now my mom is on her own taking care of her mom since her sister passed away and also trying to help us out when they can with running kids, etc. And I'm trying to take care of my kids and help out with my grandma and do things like make meals for my mom and dad when I can. It's definitely a team thing.

*mowed the front and back yards
    *got dinner in the crock pot
    *got kids going on school
    *showered and got myself

Now it's already time to figure out lunch...

Good Afternoon!
    The temperatures have dropped! We had our high early this morning of 66*F. It's now 60*F and feels good, although it's been cloudy all day. I closed down the windows to just an inch, but now it's getting hot in here @71*F. I'm going to have to open them up a bit more.

We've been doing school and that's pretty much all I've accomplished. Thursday has become my lazy day since tutoring started back up, and I'm OK with that.
    We'll be leaving for band practice in just bit.

Michelle-- That's crazy about the lady hitting your car and cracking the fender, and switching seats, etc. I wonder who called the police if you guys didn't? Erica was hit with my car while pulling out of a parking spot at CVS. The way their parking lot is, it goes around a corner, so when she was pulling out there was no one, and then this guy comes speeding around the corner and hits her. He didn't want the police called either and said he would be fine if we paid him a $1000. for the scratch that now ran along the side of his truck. When we called the insurance company they told us not to bother calling the police because they wouldn't have come anyway because it happened on private property. And she also said the one pulling out the parking spot always gets blamed, even if the guy was going to fast and could have stopped. I'm not sure why she said their parking lot was private property though. I've seen police come out to other parking lot incidents. There was even a witness that told Erica it was the guys fault for driving too fast in the parking lot. The witness even yelled at the guy. She wasn't charged with anything, since the police weren't called, but it still irks me. He could have stopped if he were paying attention. He even told Erica he wasn't looking because he was talking to his daughter. But then wanted us to pay him money so our insurance wouldn't go up. Maybe he didn't even have insurance. Who knows. I have no idea what our insurance ended up paying him.

Well. Gotta get going! Be back later.
    Wife to Pastor Tim and Mom to April (graduate), Erica (graduate), Jacob (graduate), and Jesse (5th gr).

Update:
    • finished publishing the blog post- it's a microscope post
    • folded 5 loads of laundry- and farmed them out
    • put the new pillow in a dust cover and I'll attempt to use it
    • put a new pillow in a pillow sham for our bed- the last one I gave to R to use when she is home
    • switched laundry
    • started one last load for the day

I still need to vacuum, but I think I'll work on a few desk items before doing that and considering dinner. I think the menu calls for a grilled item. It's pouring. So, that's out.