Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wednesday DECLUTTERING!

We are back home now. Ds1 got things loaded in truck and it started a heavy sprinkle. Came home and I got out. Ds1 drove the truck in the field and dumped the clippings (he had them on a tarp) then went put all the equipment up & text his boss what was done. He is now in the shower.
    Oh good timing, it just thundered really loud.

Ds2 mowed the field and yard while we were gone. He started the field before we left. He said "oh I needed to mow today" Closed his school books and said "will finish this while it is raining" And headed out.

Now to find lunch and see what we can get done around here.
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 20yo ds, 17yo ds

It sounds like everyone is having a good day so far! Paige, I'm glad you're feeling better. Michelle, we're supposed to get that rain tomorrow night into Friday. Ugh. We've had SO much rain and flooding since the end of June. But, today is a gorgeous fall day, so I'm just going to enjoy that for now.

Laura was supposed to have an appointment this morning for her Xolair injection, but she came down with some kind of virus yesterday, so we canceled that. I'm not happy that she's sick, but I can't say I'm disappointed to have had the morning at home! All I need to go out for today is one tutoring session, and then I'll run to the grocery store while I'm out.

So far today, I've run Erin to school, make a bunch of insurance-related phone calls, and had coffee / reading / heating pad time. I need to spend some time on kitchen clean-up this afternoon before I go to my tutoring session. Tonight I need to grade a bunch of papers. I also need to work on my contributions to a student's college application process. Even if you don't live in PA, you might know that homeschooled students in PA have to have an evaluation every year. I've been evaluating for about twelve years, and am now starting to see some of my kids graduate and head off to college. For the purposes of most colleges, the evaluator functions as the guidance counselor and is asked to fill out those documents in the college applications. I'm doing that for the first time for a girl I've evaluated the entire way through ... pretty exciting!
    Anjie, mom to Laura (22) and Erin (19)
    "Who will I be today: a fool or a teachable sinner?" - Charlie Peacock

I just came on to say

The columns are finished! Here they are!

IMG_1254.jpg
    Last edited by Robin in Colorado; 10-31-2018 at 04:11 PM.
    Robin, wife for 22 years to a wonderful man, and mama to 20yo Belle; 18yo Kitty; 14yo Princess, and 12yo Boyo.
    Words for 2015 and 2016 and probably forever: Be her.

Robin We need a dancing and jubilation smiley!!! That's fantastic!!!

Angie -- sorry your dd is sick, and in the recommendations!

Jekka -- hurray for the mortgage meeting going well!

Michelle -- sorry not many trick-or-treaters. Had you bought a bunch of candy?

Jen -- Max and Ruby My kids used to LOVE Max and Ruby. GREAT memories!!!

I've been moving and doing stuff most of the day ….
    * lots of school with Ben!
    * went over stuff with everyone else (keeping tabs, mainly)
    * laundry
    * folded towels and got some stacked to take to the trailer
    * Ben helped me unload things from the pantry that we want to take to the trailer
    * started a menu list for the weekend (we're going Fri-Monday -- LOTS of church families are going. Only a couple are staying til Monday, but I'm excited about the extra day -- seems that'll be true relaxation day)
    * took a nap I'm feeling MUCH better, but I slept hard for about an hour, which means I'm still healing ….
    * made sausage dip (it's in the oven)
    * made tea
    * getting everything else together for tonight --we leave in about an hour....
    * Now I need to go get myself ready

- - - Updated - - -

ROBIN -- a pic from your phone -- go to the paperclip icon at the top of the dialog box. Then click on "add files" at the top right. You're going to select from your pictures on your phone (not exactly sure the phrasing). I *think* it'll show up bottom attachment box, too, and then click on "Insert Inline" and that should work (unless the file is too big). That's what usually works for me

- - - Updated - - -

ROBIN -- I must have been typing while you were figuring it out. They look AMAZING!!! :HOP:
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

ROBIN They look fabulous
    Mom to Silas (13), Cedric (11), Aria (9) Titus (7)

Look on education as something between the child's soul and God ~ Charlotte Mason

Thanks, you guys!
    Robin, wife for 22 years to a wonderful man, and mama to 20yo Belle; 18yo Kitty; 14yo Princess, and 12yo Boyo.
    Words for 2015 and 2016 and probably forever: Be her.

Robin - columns look AWESOME!
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 20yo ds, 17yo ds

Robin- The columns do look great and so does the floor!

I'm glad everyone seems to be enjoying a nice Halloween- between hayrides, pumpkin patches, trick or treaters, candy, and all the other fun stuff!

My update:
    • baked cookies
    • packed up the stuff
    • headed to target- got a box, packing bubbles, and some playing cards
    • packed his box in the parking lot
    • took it to the PO and mailed it to Indiana!
    • picked up R on the way home- so she could do her drafting
    • worked with the boys on school
    • checked some algebra
    • blog work- promoted a published post and some other stuff
    • emailed more with my web developer
    • made dinner
    • took J trick or treating- R had karate class this evening (and I took her back to campus when I picked up dh) and Isaac bailed on me. So, I took him out and dh picked up R after karate.
    • rented the first HP movie- fun family night!

The weather was glorious for walking around tonight. Trick or Treating is not what it used to be. Very light traffic. What a shame! I'm not a super fan. I never liked it as a kid and I really don't like it now, but tonight was likely the last time for our family. J is getting a little old. Next year he'll be in high school. Holy WOW.

Anyway, I enjoyed the night air and got a good walk in. We live near the top of a very big hill. Then we watched HP by renting it through Amazon Prime. First time we've ever done that and we played it through the Wii U.

I had read today, but did not check in. Sorry about that!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).