Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thursday DECLUTTERING!

Default Thursday DECLUTTERING!

This Week's Challenge: Kitchens! Clean up, clean out all areas including food storage like pantries, frigs, and freezers. Make something new, bake something fun!

School Challenge: School flat surfaces

Inspiring Thought:
    It was November--the month of crimson sunsets, parting birds, deep, sad hymns of the sea, passionate wind-songs in the pines. Anne roamed through the pineland alleys in the park and, as she said, let that great sweeping wind blow the fogs out of her soul. - Anne of Green Gables

For me today:
    • school
    • school planning
    • meeting time- not easy to do with boys who do not feel their best at the same time
    • tidy kitchen
    • studio time- going to finish the job today (it got to a working state and I slowed way down)
    • clean hall bath and powder room
    • meal planning- dinner plan early
    • campus transport- a variety of times today
    • church website work- needs to be done and neither of us want to do it. I volunteered to take it from Dan.
    • blog work
    • choir

Another gloomy day. I am thankful we started with sun yesterday, but it's raining this morning and the 10 day offers maybe one glimpse of the sun.

We'll be doing school and I'll be tackling the kitchen and my writing.

I hope you all have a terrific day!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Fall finally seems to have come. After a long hot summer, I'm enjoying the cool evenings. Tonight should be our coolest yet with lows in the low 40s. Here's a look at my Thursday:

-meeting with Wesley to tweak our schedule and discuss expectations
    -Algebra with W
    -Biology with W
    -English with W
    -History with W
    -Math with H
    -Phonics with H
    -Science with H & A
    -Math with A
    -Phonics with A
    - school record keeping
    -washed a load of laundry
    -hung a load of laundry
    -folded about 4 loads of laundry
    -made dinner
    -washed a bunch of dishes

That's about it for me today. Have a great day ladies!

Heather, great IT! I love Anne!
    Lindsey Carter
    Wife to Chris for 19 years and Mom to Wesley 15, Adelaide 14 and Hudson 11

Good morning!

Lindsey, you got lots done!

Heather, I hope the studio work goes well! I need to make my way to the craft room sometime in the near future...

We had rain all day yesterday and I wasn't sure how trick or treating would go, but it was fun! There was just a very light drizzle part of the time and it wasn't too cold. Definitely less foot traffic this year and we also took a different route. Not the biggest haul they've ever gotten, but they were quite happy.

I haven't been in the car since 9:00 Tuesday night. Back to reality today...
    *laundry--did one load but will probably do one more tonight
    *communication rally work--we're ridiculously unprepared
    *school
    *our sheets
    *our bathroom
    *swim team
    *Street Cats
    *food pantry
    *library
    *Target
    *dd to gymnastics

It's gray and rainy now, but supposedly the sun is supposed to make an appearance at some point.

Have a great day today, friends!

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood...

We are supposed to have gotten 3-6 inches of snow, beginning yesterday morning. um, nope! It's a lovely fall day with clear skies.

On tap for today:
    -rake and bag leaves
    -do school
    -do laundry
    -errands: grocery store, Joann's, my mom's
    -dinner

Somewhere in there, K and I want to call the stereo guy so that we can figure out how to get the electronics out of the cabinet and over to him. He can be working on them while she is refinishing the cabinet. I will help her with it as she needs me to. I was going to get started on making our tiny bedroom closet functional, but DH asked me to get a couple of my furniture pieces knocked out first. Woo hoo! Although now that it's cold, I will have to bring them inside to work on them.

Heather, I'm looking forward to getting my house in order and then having several days of rain so that I can stay home and enjoy them!

You have a busy day, Lindsey!

You do, too, Jen. We had the opposite last night: more trick-or-treaters than we've ever had here.

Enjoy today, friends!
    Robin, wife for 22 years to a wonderful man, and mama to 20yo Belle; 18yo Kitty; 14yo Princess, and 12yo Boyo.
    Words for 2015 and 2016 and probably forever: Be her.

Robin- enjoy working with your furniture! I can't wait to see the finished console stereo.

Jen- Have fun with that sunshine. I will be shouting from the rooftops if I ever see the sun again.

So far:
    • did the first campus bus run- dropping staff and student off at respective locations
    • writing time- brainstorming on a few posts, tested a title, started a draft, etc
    • web work- church website work and sent off a few emails about it, social media work for my blog, etc
    • made a hot breakfast- and got the boys moving
    • loaded the dishwasher- and the KP kid finished it up
    • updated my plan book- and the boys' assignment books
    • went over today's work with both boys
    • discussed chemical bonding with J- and grabbed him a book on minerals
    • started the dishwasher
    • tagged a client in a few IG posts- left the picture tagging out of a few oops
    • started today's laundry- I found a mountain in the boys' room and why wasn't laundry on my list?
    • cleaned both the hall bathroom and powder room
    • replaced the hand towel in the powder room
    • replaced the toothbrush cup in the hall bath- gross. I couldn't get it apart to clean it. We'll now use a ball jar. Easy to clean and to keep clean.
    • church website work- follow up on emails I sent this morning and it looks like I have a punch list to work on. Sigh.
    • decision to make chicken pot pie for dinner- made
    • checked on the boys' work- they are working independently at the moment, but I will have to tag in for a while on a few things soon

Now I'm going to clean my glasses- splattered from cooking sausage this morning and then work on the church website some, I guess. I'd like to move on, but once you wake a few people up on issues they are quiet on most of the time your list gets long. THEN I will do some of my own web work.

Plus, I'll try to be gracious.
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Robin, I'd love to get my house in order and stay home, too!

Heather, still no sun...I let the dog out to potty and then let him stay in his inside kennel for the afternoon.

*washed and dried old sheets
    *put flannels on our bed
    *cleaned our bathroom
    *started school
    *worked on speech stuff....this is a big source of frustration for me right now as dd is not interested in taking any instruction. But perhaps doing it and then being assessed on that by someone who is not her mother will help. Ahem.
    *made lunch
    *wiped down counters
    *got some bills ready to mail and the check for gymnastics ready for tonight

We'll leave for afternoon stuff soon!

Home Construction:
    Just when I thought it couldn't get worse, I started sanding today. We are only half done with the mudding, but DH is better than I am, so i thought I'd try to sand and he could keep mudding. It's a good idea, but the first room we did was horrible, so sanding it is horrible. The next rooms are much better, so I have something to look forward to.

At Home:
    Clean this living room
    Take a shower
    Clean bathroom

If I get all that done, I might start cleaning bedrooms. We shall see.

- - - Updated - - -

Home Construction:
    Just when I thought it couldn't get worse, I started sanding today. We are only half done with the mudding, but DH is better than I am, so i thought I'd try to sand and he could keep mudding. It's a good idea, but the first room we did was horrible, so sanding it is horrible. The next rooms are much better, so I have something to look forward to.

At Home:
    Clean this living room
    Take a shower
    Clean bathroom

If I get all that done, I might start cleaning bedrooms. We shall see.
    Mom to Silas (13), Cedric (11), Aria (9) Titus (7)

Look on education as something between the child's soul and God ~ Charlotte Mason

Jekka -- y'all are getting there

Robin -- YAY for beautiful day! I would be freaking if we had snow this early

Lindsey -- YAY for cool evenings! Glad you can enjoy them

Jen -- your kids costumes were cute & YAY for flannel. Of course we got to 80 yesterday

Heather -- chicken pot pie

We got a LOT of rain last night. Don't know how much but a lot. It had been raining hard for an hour when ds1 said "oh I forgot to put on the rain gauge." A friend said she got over 4 inches in her gauge.

Today the rain has stopped but it is still wet and gloomy. Ds1 isn't working, to much rain.

So far:
    • slept in some or
    • got ds2 started on school work
    • met friend at coffee house

I had coffee. friend had a hot tea and we split a big muffin. We were there a little over 2 hours. It was nice to catch up.

Rest of day:
    • laundry
    • kitchen
    • bedroom - sweep
    • dining room - bakers rack - eventually I will get this done
    • photo work
    • supper
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 20yo ds, 17yo ds

Update:
    • moved laundry and started another load
    • played a game
    • more school- made sure to keep boys moving
    • left a message with Lyme clinic- I cannot get a hold of the local compounding pharmacy. So, our prescription will be sent from Leesburg, VA. Memories! (where we lived when we first got married)
    • did the second campus run

Now I'm going to get started on a video I need to watch.

Michelle- that morning sounds fun

Jekka- hang in there. Walls going up is good stuff because it means you are getting closer to the finish line!

Jen- Public presentations take so.much.of.your.time. Does she have to do it? or will she feel badly if she doesn't? With some of our kids we stopped doing them. They had other opportunities for public speaking and it did just take so much time out of our lives with prep. Getting four kids ready for that series of events was crazy town!

Quote Originally Posted by Heather W View Post
    Jen- Public presentations take so.much.of.your.time. Does she have to do it? or will she feel badly if she doesn't? With some of our kids we stopped doing them. They had other opportunities for public speaking and it did just take so much time out of our lives with prep. Getting four kids ready for that series of events was crazy town!
    She doesn't have to do it at all. She's made a poster to enter (we laminated it today) and knows her legacy entry just fine. She also decided she wanted to do a speech on sign language and an oral reading entry. I've reminded her several times she does not have to do this and she insists. So I've put it on her now and we'll see what she ends up doing. She has a good topic that she knows a lot about, but she needs practice. Ds decided to srop one of his categories (because somehow he thought this was happening in April....) but his others should be fine, and he's good at winging it anyway.

We did our afternoon stuff, so just a bit more is left. I'll drop dd at gymnastics in a bit and then go to the library and Target while she's there.

I texted a bit with our old neighbor today. I was glad to hear from her because I sent a text a week ago and never heard anything and I was getting worried. So I texted her again this morning.

Not sure what I'm going to do for the next hour. I should work on something but I'm beat!