Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Friday DECLUTTERING!

Default Friday DECLUTTERING!

This Week's Challenge: Kitchens! Clean up, clean out all areas including food storage like pantries, frigs, and freezers. Make something new, bake something fun!

School Challenge: Tidy up from this week of school

Inspiring Thought:
    There is a stubbornness about me that never can bear to be frightened at the will of others. My courage always rises at every attempt to intimidate me. - Elizabeth Bennet, Pride & Prejudice

For me today:
    • school
    • meeting time
    • school planning
    • change the calendars
    • kitchen work
    • studio time
    • vacuum
    • take blog pictures- put light kit away
    • meal planning
    • blog work
    • bowling

It's going to be about 66* today and breezy. That might mean I can catch a little time on the POH. Still haven't put any furniture away.

Today will be devoted to educating others and myself.

Have a fun Friday!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Good morning!

We will be out all day today! Dd has a zoo class in OKC so we'll got to a museum there this morning (probably the Oklahoma Hall of Fame) and then to class. Dh is actually in OKC today, too, but he left much earlier so we aren't riding together!

Have a great day today, friends!

Jen: Have a good day! That actually sounds like a fun outing.

Heather: Enjoy the educating today - I am curious exactly what that entails when the laugher accompanies.

Home Construction:
    Measured doors
    Dh is at Menards, they have $50 doors today for their pre-thanksgiving sale, so he's picking up all our interior doors. We might switch them out later for nicer ones as we can, but for now, this is good.

At Home:
    Keep cleaning boys room - I started yesterday and it's so very dusty. Really this is a lot more than just cleaning, I'm getting it prepped for Thanksgiving so my Sister's family can stay there without feeling like it's a teen/preteen garbage pit.
    Mom to Silas (13), Cedric (11), Aria (9) Titus (7)

Look on education as something between the child's soul and God ~ Charlotte Mason

Good Morning!
    Another dreary day here. We have had peeks of sun here and there, but mostly clouds for the past 7 days. I just checked the weather data and we've had rain for the past 6/7 days, almost 3 inches of rain total. 1.7 of that rain coming in the last 24 hours. Holy cow. So much rain this year. I'd love to take a fall hike to some waterfalls before the leaves all fall. They just changed color and now they are going to fall quickly. Sunday is looking lovely, with some possible sunshine, so that may be our best bet.

Like that IT, Heather.

I've been working on my table piles all week, and was hoping to be farther along, but they are better. I'm going to keep at them. I want them all cleared for Thanksgiving since it looks like we'll actually be at our own house for Thanksgiving this year.

I've had the week off from tutoring. They scheduled a fall break around Halloween. So the break has been nice, but now I'm out of sync with things. So, getting back to my regular schedule is at hand for today and this weekend. My parents are coming down to visit tomorrow too, since it's too wet for my dad to be harvesting in the fields right now. I do have 1 and half lessons done though, so I wasn't a total slacker.

For TODAY:
    • school with ds11
    • update school planner/journal
    • table piles
    • library runs
    • grocery store run for some burger and chicken... I'm almost totally out of meat
    • tutor lessons
    • what's for supper?... homemade pizza
    • Friday night ice cream

Gotta get going! Have a great day!
    Last edited by CINDY LB OH; 11-02-2018 at 09:18 AM.
    Wife to Pastor Tim and Mom to April (graduate), Erica (graduate), Jacob (graduate), and Jesse (5th gr).

Jekka -- YAY for sale doors

Jen -- have FUN today

Heather -- ENJOY your POH

Cindy -- You Can Do It!! Those tables piles are getting better

Cloudy damp cool gray day here. Good day for snuggling down and reading
    BUT I am going to try to press on. It may not seem like it to others but I did a lot yesterday (posted last night). Oh and yesterday I did several loads of laundry.

Today:
    • I am hoping to finish my bedroom today & take the pile in the carport and porch to goodwill.
    • Then hopefully start in the kitchen. I would like to get rid of extra glasses & cups. We have tons.
    • Also need to find all the clothes (have a box or 2 already boxed up) that I am going to take to hs moms. Probably sit those on the hall steps so I can easily add to car when I am going to see them.
    • Laundry - towels & load couch blankets

Last night I didn't sleep good at all. Saw every little bit on the clock. I was hurting and thinking, not a good combination.

I was joking around with my mom when we were texting last night. I told her what all I got done yesterday and said "this was after coffee with S. If HG coffee makes me work like this I am going to get a cup every morning"
    Seriously if it was the coffee, oh yeah I would find a way to work it into the budget, at least until I finished my long list.

Ok gonna try to get moving.
    Have a GREAT day!!
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 20yo ds, 17yo ds

Good Morning Ladies,

The weather yesterday was gorgeous, sunny and in the high 60s! The kids spent a lot of time playing outside.
    It rained last night during the last inning of Hannah's softball game and we are forecasted to get more rain this afternoon, although it is only cloudy now.

Cindy - The trees are ate peak color here too and I was looking at our calendar for a day we could go hiking. I'm not sure if it is going to happen this year, but I am going to talk to Dan about it tonight!

Jekka - Godspeed to you as you clean the boys' room. I am sure your sister will appreciate it!

Jen - Enjoy your day out!

HW- I hope all the educating goes well today!

so far today:
    everyone slept in...Between softball and Halloween, we have had a lot of late nights this week.
    Dh slept in a bit too. He has been working like crazy this week! He is off to work today and is hoping to be able to spend the day at his desk and catch up on all of his paperwork.
    I am enforcing the morning routine this morning even if it means we start school late.
    Bible reading
    calendar updating
    e-mail deleting

up next:
    breakfast for me
    start laundry
    Table time

goals for today:
    complete school day
    Message woman re: womein's ministry
    meal plan for next week
    school prep for next week
    finish novel for book club tomorrow
    work on my homework for "women's cohort"
    text sister regarding Thanksgiving
    Look up how to make an Advent wreath.....is this doable for ME to plan as an women's event?

- - - Updated - - -

Michelle - If only completing the "long list" were that simple!
    Loving, learning, and living in central VA with my adventurous husband of 14 years and our three children.

Good morning!

Heather, I put away most of our porch furniture on Sunday.

Jen, I used to teach zoo classes at the OKC zoo (among other things I did there). What fun!

Jekka, the doors - that's pretty exciting!

Cindy, how nice to get to see your parents.

Michelle, if it was the coffee, I'd buy some too!

AR, Been a lot of late nights here, too, this week. Belle is on night shift right now and I can't really sleep until she is safely home.

It's beautiful and clear out, but 29 degrees. I am doing some admin stuff for tomorrow's dance, then I will wake Princess and Boyo. DH is working from home this morning and K is already up and working on her personal finance course. Belle got home from work after 1 this morning, and had to head out at 7:45 for a meeting at HQ.

We will have table time this morning, and then DH and I will head out on the hunt for a couch and an area rug for the basement. We'll be home this afternoon in time to get P to soccer practice, and then hopefully we will get to go out to dinner. The kids will have something from the IP.

Have a wonderful day!
    Robin, wife for 22 years to a wonderful man, and mama to 20yo Belle; 18yo Kitty; 14yo Princess, and 12yo Boyo.
    Words for 2015 and 2016 and probably forever: Be her.

Jekka- I joined a blogging society (paid for a membership) and am learning so much. However, this morning I can only laugh or I will cry. I'm not ranked as an authority for homeschooling high school. You guys. I'm heartbroken. I have much work to do to fix that. But, I trust that it is fixable. It just means additional tweaking and writing.

On a happier note, Dan just bought our tickets to The Indigo Girls concert here in March!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Update:
    • got the boys set up with assignments
    • updated my planner
    • made breakfast
    • dropped R on campus
    • some blog related videos
    • started updating a landing page- starting with my high school page
    • cleaned up the kitchen- on and off, but mysteriously started the dishwasher and it's a two hour run. LIkely didn't have soap.
    • talked with two compound pharmacies- the script will be sent next Tuesday. Sigh.
    • called the Lyme clinic- to sort out the change based on when the med will arrive. They called back, but now I'm waiting to hear their decision.
    • swept the kitchen floor
    • made chicken noodle soup for lunch
    • heard some narration
    • started laundry- and moved it
    • hung some laundry on the line
    • called recycling truck company- they didn't come yesterday. They are now going by. Woot! They only come every other week so it's non-negotiable that they come up here.

It's about 62* out there now with some sun. Pretty good!

We have about an hour until we leave and I need to see what I can do in that time.

Robin - Enjoy your date with your hubby!

HW - So, who decides that you aren't an authority? and who are they telling or not telling that you qualify as an authority for hsing highschool? Is this blogging society for homeschoolers? What are their creds?
    The concert sounds fun!

Today has been rough...
    I'm not feeling well. My stomach was upset some last night and it has continued throughout the day. I don't think I'm sick, but maybe it was something I ate yesterday? ugh!
    I want a day do-over.

Dh has had a rough work week. He just texted me that someone hit is government vehicle while it was parked and when he was at work. He said it is drivable, but this is a huge hassle for him. The good news is that he wasn't in it and also that we aren't financially responsible for any of it.

on the plus side:
    I walked Hannah through her first dissection. She was less than thrilled, but in the end said the earthworm wasn't as bad as she thought it would be. Next week, she will tackle a giant grasshopper and then the frog.
    All the kids did math, read something, and wrote something.
    Loving, learning, and living in central VA with my adventurous husband of 14 years and our three children.