Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Friday DECLUTTERING!

Popping in to say and I am still alive. Busy few days and little sleep the past couple of nights. But I just booked my boys' plane tickets for Thanksgiving, so I'm here for a quick minute. Nick texted me while I was eating lunch that he had to book his shuttle to the airport, so off I went to pay the big bucks for last minute(relatively) tickets. Grrrr....

It's rainy and chilly. Woodstove feels nice. Chicken soup for dinner.

Had great plans for today, but I am exhausted and have an ache in my back. It's making me too irritable for words. sigh... I'm trying, but I really want to curl up in a blanket and sleep for a week.

Need to go finish school. Ugh. No one is feeling it. I think we're going to try an early bedtime for everyone.

to everyone and I hope I can work my schedule better so I have more time to post and comment and not just read. Bekah should have her license in the spring and I will be SOOO thankful!!!
    Shay, wife to Rod and mom to Nathaniel(23), Benjamin(20), Nicholas(18), Rebekah(16), Julianne(11), Jonathan(8)and Joshua(4)

Shay: Hi Sometimes just popping in is all I can do as well. I wish you could just curl up and sleep. Why is this not an option sometimes?

Angela: Yuck on your Dh's vehicle issues. That can just make a day difficult. Get better!

Heather: I hope the med decisions can be made quickly so you can get what is needed. I hate dealing with those places and meds sometimes. And I agree with Angela, I need to hear more about this secret society of bloggers you joined.

Robin: Good luck finding the best furniture for your basement.

Michelle: Great job yesterday! ...and yeah, it's totally the coffee, go with that plan

Construction:
    We went back to Menards and got a bathroom vanity/ faucet - it was on sale and will go nicely in the back bathroom.

At Home:
    Moved the game shelf (Ikea 4x4) from boys' room to living room.
    I managed to get it so that all the games we are keeping out actually FIT in the Ikea 4x4! The rest are a mess right now, but I'll find a way to get them stored.
    Played with Aria and Titus quite a bit.

To Go:
    Keep cleaning/ rearranging boy room
    Condense school cabinets into one - I had to get rid of one to make space for the games. I might have to pare down school resources until we move as well.

Ok, I think that's it, other than rotating laundry and such. I will get this project done this weekend, at least I hope I will.
    Mom to Silas (13), Cedric (11), Aria (9) Titus (7)

Look on education as something between the child's soul and God ~ Charlotte Mason

Jekka & AR- Thanks for being indignant for me! It's not the society. It's google. I'm not ranking as an authority. As in, if someone searches for homeschooling high school, my content is not being delivered up. I should be on the first page- like above the fold on the first page I have so much written about high school homeschooling. So, I have to fix my key words. I don't know how it got so bad. My search engine optimization isn't perfect, but it's better than this. It's fixable, but it's going to take a lot of time and effort on my part. Plus, I'm waiting on my developer and it's a hard wait when I've decided I want something done! But, I can't pay their rush rate. I'm having dates removed from my url when I do posts. Once that is done, I can update content like crazy.

So, I'm doing what I can in the meantime. It's fun to work with my webmaster tools to see what search terms bring people to my website. Sadly, homeschooling high school is not really one of them right now.

Heads up Google. I'm about to index a LOT of content.
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Good Afternoon!
    We weren't suppose to have rain today, but yep, there it is. More rain. Not a lot, but still. We had brief peeks of sun, so just when it looked like it might clear, more clouds quickly filled the gap. I'm done with wet and dreary. We decided to go out to hike in the woods, but it was chilly so we didn't stay long. 49*F. We only got sprinkled on, so it wasn't too bad. The the plus side, the woods is so pretty when everything is wet.

• Friday school was done
    • invited friends to hike with us... everyone was busy
    • renewed and gathered library materials
    • library run #1
    • drove to woods/nature preserve and hiked the short trail
    • library run #2... saw friends there, so chatted for a bit
    • grocery store for burger and chicken... prices were high so didn't get much... I haven't been checking the ads lately, so I probably missed a good sale
    • making pizzas

That's been our day. I didn't work on my lessons since we decided to go to the woods.

Have you guys noticed that the boards/website URL says it's not secure? I think it just popped up that way today.

HeatherW-- I googled homeschooling high school blogs, and even though your page doesn't come up, the top 3 were pages where people were listing top homeschool high school blogs they like, and they all listed yours as one of those. So that's a plus. Keeping up with the blog world is tough. I think a lot of these ladies spend a TON of time working and promoting their blogs and their products. I don't know how they do it when they also have to actually homeschool their kids.
    Last edited by CINDY LB OH; 11-02-2018 at 06:11 PM.
    Wife to Pastor Tim and Mom to April (graduate), Erica (graduate), Jacob (graduate), and Jesse (5th gr).

that makes sense, Heather - if it makes you feel better, if you add the word "blogs" (which was the first suggestion as I started to write the phrase) to "homeschooling high school" yours is on the first page, though lower down than you'd probably like. And most of the junk on the first page of the search without the word blogs is all on-line school junk no one really wants when googling that phrase.

Ok, I moved the boys' bunk bed against the wall and vacuumed under where it was. I might just leave it there, even though it's not a perfect place. It makes more room if we need to add a queen bed for the holiday.
    Mom to Silas (13), Cedric (11), Aria (9) Titus (7)

Look on education as something between the child's soul and God ~ Charlotte Mason

Today:
    • went got dh's truck
    • ds2 loaded almost everything - realized when we got home he forgot a few items
    • took stuff to goodwill
    • swapped back vehicles
    • washed load towels
    • washed load couch blankets
    • Rulers (next town over) for few items & picked up turkeys 47c lb got for me & our hs group thanksgiving fellowship
    • cleaned out spot in freezer for all the turkeys
    • wm - needed small totes for special things to be saved
    • post office - because I forgot to put something in the mailbox today
    • moved the totes in front of dresser
    • cleared top of dresser -- guess what there really is a dresser under there
    • put all the shirts etc. that boys & dh wanted to save (piled on dresser) in the new totes just bought (each had a small tote)
    • dusted the dresser really good
    • went thru every drawer, tossing and organizing
    • vacuumed in front of dresser & kinda mopped (totally forgot mopping pads again)
    • went thru all the totes & got rid of a few things
    • put the outta here clothes in a basket
    • showered - to much dust

Bedroom is done. I still have a few things I need to go thru/find a new home.
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 20yo ds, 17yo ds

Jekka & Cindy- Thanks for googling on my behalf! I can fix the Google problem. But, it will take a lot of work and time. Cindy- Yes, I simply cannot keep up with everything all the time. I am trying to learn best practices that will go beyond trends and that is worth my time. Google made a change to its algorithm earlier last month and it affected my traffic in a HUGE way. So, I need to work through this and get to the other side.

Cindy- I know what you mean and I often marvel at younger moms with young children who do a lot of writing and product creation. But, the fact is that they likely hire out for a lot of it and have others working with them. I have only just started hiring out for some of my paper design work and my web development. Dh no longer wants to work on my blog. I've reached the point where he'd have to learn and do and he's not one of the homeschool husbands whose going to do all the work behind the scenes. He's got a full time gig. He doesn't want my work too. Funny...he used to say the same thing when I asked him to help me grade papers back in the day!

But, my goal is to work at this full time when my kids are grown and I'd like to help pay for college when the third gets there in another couple of years. If that is my goal, then I can't start to ramp up then. I have to do it now so that when it's time, I'll be at the point where it's making part time income.

I believe this path is an anointed one. We will see if doors continue to open. Every time I say it's not time, God gives me the nudge that this IS the time. So, I'm following the lead. Hopefully, this is the message I was to receive. When I started writing courses and putting together the course ware, I felt God was saying, "finally! She gets it!". Took me a while.
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Angela -- how are you feeling tonight?

Shay -- chicken noodle soup sounds good

Heather -- I think you are an authority

- - - Updated - - -

I am tired and hurting again but I feel good about what I got done. I still have a long way to go but its a good start.
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 20yo ds, 17yo ds

Michelle- What a price on turkeys! I've been commenting all week on how the baking stuff is out and you'd think that Thanksgiving is next week by the looks of the grocery store. Good grief! Even stuffing bread it out. Can we all just RELAX??! You've been working hard. Well done!

AR- I saw that dissection on IG. Earthworms and insects are difficult. The lower animals are hard to do well without smashing everything along the way. The frog will be a good time!

Since earlier:
    • worked on the kitchen- but you would not know it And let's just say I accidentally ran the dishwasher without soap- not that I didn't put soap in but I did not intentionally run the dishwasher at all. I just noticed it was running. I let it run and then did it again after filling it more.
    • had the kitchen trash taken out
    • bowling- dh was going to join us but could not. I think I'm going to ask for another session even if I have to be the one to coordinate it for the spring. My boys are having a great time. We need more bowling in our lives!
    • chatted with the co-op coordinator while there
    • updated my calendars to November- and put dates in (I still need to do my editorial calendar)
    • played a game of Ticket to Ride- with J who never plays this game.
    • picked up R
    • played another game of TTR with both boys- we'll finish in the morning
    • emailed with my developer- was wondering when I'd hear from her again. I hope I get on her schedule soon. This process is so long! They must be busy- it's a part time gig.

Ok...probably time to turn in since it's after midnight. Have a great night west coasters!