Thread: Saturday DECLUTTERING!

Default Saturday DECLUTTERING!

This Week's Challenge: Kitchens! Clean up, clean out all areas including food storage like pantries, frigs, and freezers. Make something new, bake something fun!

School Challenge: Long range planning and prep

For me today:
    • kitchen work
    • process apples
    • algebra
    • vacuum
    • play games
    • meal plan
    • take blog pictures
    • snake care- make sure it happens
    • fill bird feeder- I've totally forgotten
    • laundry
    • studio time
    • blog work

Today I was supposed to be at an event, but I'm not going after all. It's a dreary day and raining, of course. R survived her big week at school and has been staying home at night since Wed. She will be able to rest a lot this weekend which is good. Right now the house is quiet, so I'm going to take advantage of it.

Have a wonderful Saturday!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Good Morning Ladies,

I seem to feeling better this morning, but haven't eaten anything yet...

HW - I'm glad my indignation came through.
    I can see how that would be frustrating and I won't even pretend to understand they mystery of Google, but I'm glad you have identified the problem and have a plan to fix it!
    That is great that you (and Cindy) both have plan for what you would like to do once the kids are all grown. It has been great to see you both move toward that goal. I've been thinking about my own future and plans and I don't have any clear direction yet, expect that I hope to continue to be involved in ministry in some fashion.

so far today:
    Bible reading
    messaging and texting

up next:
    breakfast....I hope my body takes this okay because I am hungry!
    meal planning for the week

also today:
    see if I can return some unopened paint to JoAnn's
    Logan has his last baseball game at 11:30 followed by a pizza party at a local place. I don't think we will all go to the party
    Hannah has her last game at 4:30
    I have book club at 7pm.
    school planning

Have a great day ladies!
    Loving, learning, and living in central VA with my adventurous husband of 14 years and our three children.

Angela -- glad you are feeling better and hope ball games are fun

Heather -- so nice R can come home and rest. Is E still doing good and enjoying

Another rough night & very little sleep. Sore & thinking. But I will be ok. Thankful the Lord gave me the energy to complete that job yesterday.

Today we are hoping to go to the Trace and hopefully see some beautiful trees. But there is no hurry to get moving. It is 9am and still SUPER foggy. Hopefully it will clear and we can go. Until I see clearing I am letting everyone sleep. I gave up trying and now sitting in my chair (inside 41 outside right now) looking out the window.

When I notice it clearing some I will wake everyone, shower, pack the snack bag and drink cooler.

Have a SUPER FUN Saturday!
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 20yo ds, 17yo ds

Good Morning!
    Another dreary and rainy day. Oy. The sun popped out a minute ago, but it's gone already. Sigh. The rain is suppose to stop, but it's still suppose to be mostly cloudy. Currently 43*F.
    Tomorrow is still looking good for some actual sunshine. I'm keeping my fingers crossed because I need a lovely, sunny, fall hike.

Oh, wait. Another peek of sunshine! It's trying. It's fading. It keeps going back and forth, so the clouds are definitely on the move. That's good.

So far:
    • email management and reading
    • cleared the dish drainer; rinsed what was in the sink
    • washed up the pizza sheet and the cast iron from last nights pizza
    • sorted laundry, trying to find ds11's pants... he's still missing a pair of pants... How can you lose pants?
    • started a load washing
    • worked on my school pile of papers and books... I need to finish

For the rest of TODAY:
    • finish papers and books
    • tutor lessons
    • visit with my parents... not sure when they'll get here
    • watch MSU football vs. Maryland
    • what's for supper?... I'm making chili, I need to do the ground beef now because I don't know if my parents will be here for lunch or supper, or both

HeatherW-- I think you are doing a great job getting your blog/business established. It definitely takes a lot time for sure. You'll get there!

Angela-- I hope you are feeling better and can enjoy breakfast, plus the games you have going on today.

Michelle-- Enjoy your color drive through the Trace. Someday I'm going to come and see that.

Have a great day!
    Wife to Pastor Tim and Mom to April (graduate), Erica (graduate), Jacob (graduate), and Jesse (5th gr).

Good morning!

everyone! I am fighting a headache still this morning and have been achy off and on for the last few days. I'm not sure if I'm trying to fight something off or if it's just fatigue. We had a really fun time yesterday and then got home and we went out for pizza and everyone got to bed at a decent time because we were all worn out. But I've got a sleep deficit that's been building for 14 years, so one good night doesn't completely do it.

Today's plans:
    *laundry--did a regular load and towels are washing now
    *speech prep--done
    *ironing--did our clothes for today; not sure if I'll get more done tonight
    *Communication Rally--convinced dd to hold off on her speech so she could use it for next year
    *PTE/grocery order--the PTE part is done...
    *order books for next week's illustrator event

Hopefully tonight we can relax and watch a movie!

Have a great day today, friends!

Jen- I hope you can get some rest. Sounds like your body wants to slow down!

Michelle- So glad you got a big project done yesterday. Well done!

Cindy- Thank you! I'm trying hard, but it is not an easy road. I'm going to keep at it. Exciting to see your work pay off as well! I remember when you first started and how excited you were to begin.

AR- The thoughts of what to do next start small and then they get bigger as you get closer. The best part is seeing what God has in store because I know none of us will be left hanging after honoring our families. There is a place for all of us.

So far:
    • watched some of a lettering video this morning- from my Bluprint membership
    • started some post drafts- and signed up for some posts
    • did some writing
    • started today's laundry
    • started tidying the kitchen
    • made breakfast sandwiches
    • worked on my 100 list post- mine is on 100 videos to stream from Amazon Prime (due Monday)
    • helped Dan collect data- from the solar batteries
    • worked in my studio- put stamps in the last printer drawer Dan hung for me today!
    • put away some other items on the desk top- in my studio
    • finished a game of Ticket to Ride
    • started more laundry after switching our sheets
    • hung some on the line
    • filled the bird feeder
    • gathered trash from around the house- put the bag in the outdoor can
    • continued again on the 100 post

Right now I'm going to search on a key word and then try to finish the links in my 100 post. Those take a lot of time.
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Today is chore day, but I'm dragging.

The list:
    -milking and animals done
    -chores done
    -fridges cleaned(this is HUGE because there were several science projects going on and so much STUFF bottles were starting to fall out )
    -bonus room, media side is cleaned
    -laundry going
    -I want to get back to bonus room, the school side is overwhelming right now. I need to go in for 10 minutes and just do it like that until it's not so overwhelming. I feel that it is like eating an elephant. Where do I start?
    -Bekah is starting pizza dough for dinner

Dryer is beeping, better go. sigh... And then back into the school area. Should tie a rope around my waist in case I get lost or an avalanche falls.
    Shay, wife to Rod and mom to Nathaniel(23), Benjamin(20), Nicholas(18), Rebekah(16), Julianne(11), Jonathan(8)and Joshua(4)

Shay- Great to see you!

Update:
    • played a game of Carcasonne- still ongoing but we are on break
    • watched Purdue football- woot! E had a great seat- right in the first row with friends!
    • continued to work on the 100 post- these take a great deal of time
    • ordered pizza for dinner
    • took some high schooler pictures for upcoming posts and updating pages- I can't tell you how much appreciate the light studio I have now. Our school room is so hard to take pictures in. The even, bright light is a big deal.
    • made sure snake was fed
    • chatted some with E- who we did catch on TV again.

I am beat. But, I might take my walk and see if I can perk up.

I've completed everything on my list for the day!

The Communication Rally went GREAT! Dd actually ended up doing her speech because they had not taken her off the list and there was only one other person, so the worst she could do was second place. So she went in and gave it off the top of her head with no notes or anything and not having looked at any of the stuff for at least two days. A couple of boys (brothers from our club) were in there and one of them was the other one in her division. So later one of them started telling ds about how she had done a horrible job and ds lit into him. It was very satisfying when she got first and he got second. Is that awful of me? She also got second place in the oral reading category.

Ds was COMPLETELY unprepared. He was signed up for extemporaneous (which you can't really prepare for) and then illustrated and a regular speech. He decided a few days ago to do no bake dog treats for his illustrated speech but never practiced it at all. He goes in and wings it and when I come in at the end the judge is telling him he thinks he should have a cooking show. So he got first in that. He was not going to do his regular speech, but decided he would wing the 5-12 minute speech and only decided his topic a few minutes before walking in. And he got first. I give up with this child. What is so funny to me is that he didn't place in extemporaneous! He drew "Should teens take a financial literacy class?" and he said when he finished the judge said he felt like he'd just been through a Dave Ramsey class. So we had a good time! They also enjoy just hanging out and chatting with their friends in the down time.

When we got home I moved the towels to the dryer and did the grocery order and started dinner. I think we're going to watch a movie in a bit.