Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mom's Book Thread ~ Week 45 (November 4th - November 10th)

"There is no peace that cannot be found in the present moment." - Tasha Tudor

I'm still reading The Question of Red. It's OK; an interesting glimpse into a different culture, at the very least. I just tried to put Virgil Wander on hold through my library system, but I can't get a copy right now because there's not one at my library and all of the other copies are still on other libraries' new book shelves. Darn. However, I did request another book of Enger's which I haven't read - something with brave in the title. I also put a hold on a book by Madeliene L'Engle which I didn't know existed. It's about her trip to Antarctica at age 74. She's one of my favorites!
    Anjie, mom to Laura (22) and Erin (19)
    "Who will I be today: a fool or a teachable sinner?" - Charlie Peacock

I have new books! Yay! I got notification that some of my requests had come in at the library, so my dh was kind enough to stop in and pick them up when he was out running Erin from one place to another. I've got So Brave, Young, and Handsome by Leif Enger and Penguins and Golden Calves by Madeliene L'Engle. Which to start first?!
    Anjie, mom to Laura (22) and Erin (19)
    "Who will I be today: a fool or a teachable sinner?" - Charlie Peacock

I finished The Thin Man. It’s not stellar literature but it was a fun read!
    Wife to David for almost 42 years, mom to 9, homeschooling Abby (16). Grammy to 6 granddaughters and 2 grandsons and 2 new babies due in the spring of ‘19! Homeschooling since 1986, Loving FIAR since 2000.