Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sunday DECLUTTERING!

Default Sunday DECLUTTERING!

This Week's Challenge: Kitchens! Clean up, clean out all areas including food storage like pantries, frigs, and freezers. Make something new, bake something fun!

School Challenge: Prepare for a new week of school.

For me today:
    • breakfast and church
    • call the pharmacy- we are nearly out of a migraine med for J. I don't know how it happened! Please pray we can get this thing super quick. Like there aren't refills! We just saw them in September and it must not have been renewed. Gah!
    • blog work- deadlines and lots of behind the scenes keywording
    • life group email
    • group emails
    • blog pictures- I'd like to get a new head shot and some with my kids doing work. The lighting should be good today, so I hope our schedule allows for it.
    • clean the microwave
    • process some apples- I'd like to avoid pulling out the mill so I'm going to try making some in the IP and whisking the applesauce- either by hand or in the kitchen aid mixer. J prefers the milled sauce, but I don't have enough apples to warrant milling. it's a thing to get out and get going and once I do, it'll be time to put it away.
    • mop the kitchen floor
    • vacuum
    • play games

After church dh and J are going to take a long bike ride on the Black Diamond Trail. It's an 8 mile ride up a railroad grade from a town park at the lake all the way up to Taughannock Falls. The way home will be a breeze coming down hill. J has been wanting to do this all summer, so the weather is good enough to get this ride in. Let's hope he wakes up feeling well!

There's a chance that some of us might go and then ride up to the falls and enjoy them and then meet them back at the park, but we will see.

So, my picture request has to work around this and there's no way people will look human in the morning before church.

Have a peace-filled day!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Good morning!

Heather, I hope the ride and the refill both work out! I'm glad you're getting some good weather for it today!

After we got home last night I was super relaxed thinking this week was going to be light. That was foolish of me. I forgot about sign language class (at least we only have two more weeks) and ds's swim meet (at least it's the only one he's doing this season), so we have another week where we have something out every single night. Ugh. But after this week I think we really are on the coasting end of the semester for many of our activities. Phew.

We watched a movie last night (Kik's Delivery Service) and I got to bed at a decent hour again. Lovely.

Today's plans:
    *laundry--I've done one load but will do one more this evening
    *church
    *grocery pick up--and I need to figure out what of this I'll actually cook since I was forgetting about the swim meet and a library event...
    *lunch at my mom and dad's
    *work on the school room and planning for the week
    *make sure kids are good on BizTown and IEW work
    *choir
    *ironing

This week I also need to do some work on our bedroom when I can. We got a new shelf in there this week and I think we can finally make some headway on getting everything in its place for real.

Have a great day today, friends!

Cindy -- did you get sunshine yesterday? I hope you get some today

Jen -- AWESOME job Jack & Alice!! Hope your headache went away and you got some good sleep

Heather -- oooh 100 videos! Neat seeing E on tv & YAY for light

Shay -- you got alot done!! Way to Go!!

Yesterday was fun We waited until the fog lifted then headed out. I packed a cooler of drinks and a snack bag. The leaves were really pretty on the trip to the lake and around the lake pretty good but once we hit the trace nope they were dead. Well there was a few here and there but mostly dead.

The sun was shining & everyone was in a good mood so I wasn't that upset about the leaves. Oh I picked on the guys "yeah the leaves would have been soooooo pretty last week but noooooo yall had to go to the haunted maze. So now I get dead brown leaves."
    Lots of laughing and making sure they pointed out any tree with color.

Oh and on the way to the lake they were constantly saying "hey look at the leaves. Get off your phone you are suppose to be looking at the leaves." I wasn't on my phone much but my mom had text to say hope I had a great day and then my friends were in a group chat and I answered a question then told them I would be out of service area part of the day....so they wouldn't think I was ignoring them.

We got out at several points at the lake & along the trace and walked around some. Not much, my knee was hurting from twisting it the night before but short walks was ok. We found a small pier over a small pond or creek at the trace that I have never noticed before so we stopped and walked down to it and took some pictures (without sunglasses...yes that was a big joke too).

The lake is really really low too. I have seen it low but not like this.

We went on over to the dam and they had 1 gate partly open allowing water to flow in. That was cool to watch (yeah simple stuff entertains me).

Then we headed on to the big town we went to last weekend. We stopped an ate (I had another gift card ) then hit a couple stores (mostly looking but picked up some stuff for dh's friend too). Rode around some and finally got home.

It was a good day.
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 20yo ds, 17yo ds

Heather -- ENJOY your ride!! Hope can get meds filled with no problems

Jen -- YAY for bed at decent time and hope you can find time to relax today

Today is chilly, gray, windy and rainy. A good day for curling under a blanket and reading Oh did y'all know today is Zero Tasking Day I think I could do that

The weather, the lack of sleep last couple days, late night last night, yeah I am sure to be super energetic today But I have a few things I really need to do:

• laundry
    • find the boxes of clothes to give away - know where are, just need to pull out
    • wash dishes - big sink full in there
    • check schedule for the week
    • meal plan
    • make sure rest of trash is in big can and to the road

Have a GREAT day!!
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.

Sounds like a great day, Michelle!

Dd still had a sore throat when we got up so we stayed home from church. She's having some hot tea now and feeling better. She spent quite a bit of time outdoors this week and doesn't have a fever or anything, so I'm guessing it's allergy stuff.

I read to the kids and we picked up groceries and that's it so far. I need to get busy!

Michelle- That sounds like a nice day out yesterday! It's nice when you can have a fun family day, right?

Jen- Bummer on the extra nights out this week. I hope you can adjust your meal plan accordingly.

So far:
    • counted my links- over 100. So, I'll remove some and link the ones that aren't finished yet. These are all from Amazon Prime. For homeschoolers seriously worth the cost alone. Netflix does not have as many documentary/educational stuff. they have some, but the library for that is not as large. AP has all the PBS and BBC productions.
    • added a few more in- before church so not that many
    • made waffles- R has been home since Wed night I think (going to class but working from home in her studio and since her giant week of things being due just taking a break from campus all together so I want to be sure and cook for her )
    • called pharmacy- they had refills for J! So, whew.
    • church
    • picked up med at the pharmacy- and bought coke. Because I was out and that won't do.
    • packed snacks for the bike ride- and saw the guys off. J is beyond excited!

R chose not to go because dh doesn't ride casually. Which is fine unless it's a casual ride. But, in November you gotta move or lose light and heat. So, the two who ride a lot are off to enjoy some time together.

The rest of us will hold down the fort. I think I'll ask R to get a head shot of me. The camera will do the work and she has nice composition. Location is the question...

Onward to consider keywords and get some blog work done before playing a game and/or getting a head shot. I've got a nice top and vest on with a scarf and before I change out of it I would like to get some pictures. We'll see if R is up for it.
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Hey all I'm FINALLY back on -- I could not get on the forums, and then we went camping, but I'm back on.

I haven't read in days …
    We went camping and had a GREAT time!
    I think there were 10 families who went.
    We intended to stay through tomorrow, but the weather changed, and it's turned into a wet, rainy, afternoon. And tomorrow is more of that. Camping in the rain is no fun, so we packed up this morning and headed home before church.
    Every time we go, we say we should go more often. Ah, it's so relaxing!!!

That's my current update.
    We're still in relaxation mode.
    Jim's trying to decide if he's still going to take off tomorrow -- we mentioned going to see his Mama (and then possible severe storms in the afternoon/night ).

Hope ya'll have a fabulous Sunday evening!
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

Jen -- hope you relaxed some today

Heather -- hope y'all enjoyed the ride & YAY for getting cokes. Ds2 was going to game stop with his friend. I didn't care but jokingly said....oh no you didn't ask me! He said I will bring you a coke. Yeah he brought me a coke back.

Paige - glad y'all had a good time and glad you are back on the boards! We are suppose to get bad storms tomorrow too.

• load laundry
    • cooked brunch
    • cleaned kitchen & washed mountain of dishes
    • soup in crockpot
    • read
    • watched tv
    • napped
    • text with my mom & stepmom
    • boys emptied trash cans & took big can to road. The lid won't close where I have been tossing so much this week

Dh has taken the Zero Task Day to heart. He has laid in recliner all day watching tv.

Story of my life lately, but it’s a quick pop in! There was high winds yesterday and today and so much rain yesterday, dh had trouble with errands and a flooded road. Not sure if I mentioned that yesterday. Well, we lost power last night about 9pm and they said to expect it today about 1 pm and now they are saying tomorrow by 6pm. we do have a generator, but I hate running that thing! Dh did get it going several times today. Since we lost power while I was in th shower last night, I appreciated it this morning so I could finish my ablutions. Bekah and I did handmilk and that went better and faster than expected. We were doing it at night as needed and I guess that helped work our hands into it without cramping.

-Girls had dance workshop today, so we were up and out of here early.
    -I visited with dance teacher and another mom at Dunkin during first classes and then excused myself after lunch to work on planning. A uninterrupted 90minutes saw Bekah’s November planned. Woohoo! All in her assignment folder and she can’t complain about not knowing what needs to be done.
    -Jon and Juls had play rehearsal. Rod brought Jon and I went from dance to theater with Juls.
    -Dinner was leftovers warmed on/in the wood cook stove.
    -Everyone has been chilling until bedtime a bit ago.

Rod went to Walmart with the little boys today and they had lost power and I guess don’t have generators or they were out of order so the store lost all refrigerated and frozen foods. Rod said it looked odd to have them all empty. He asked because he wanted Lunchables for kids and the stock person said everything had to be thrown out this morning.

I am going to see if littles are asleep and then turn in myself. It was odd being up just after dawn, but man, everything looked beautiful in the morning light. I want to see if we can get into that routine. Good intentions, now to see how follow through works...
    Shay, wife to Rod and mom to Nathaniel(23), Benjamin(20), Nicholas(18), Rebekah(16), Julianne(11), Jonathan(8)and Joshua(4)

Michelle- Those are good young men you've got there bringing you a Coke!

Shay- I hope that power comes on soon! We've had a recent glitch in our solar power system, but I think our batteries are back on line. We have about 3-4 days worth of emergency power stored in our solar batteries. Very interesting to learn more about the system out of necessity.

Update:
    • finished my 100 videos post- took forever, but hey I found some great titles to put on our watch list. Plus, I'm trying on my new search term. Look out Google.
    • made dinner- roasted a chicken and made some gravy
    • cleaned the kitchen- several times
    • loaded and ran the dishwasher
    • had it emptied this morning
    • played games with I- a new card game and Castle Keep (been forever since we played that one)
    • made sure the trash was taken to the curb
    • processed some apples for pies
    • R made pies- they are still in the oven. She's on college girl time.
    • video chatted with E- and the kids all played a game of Coup together with him over FB video chat. It worked!
    • answered an email
    • helped Dan with some editing- still need to do the final read through
    • made a mental blog list- I ought to write that down.
    • hung laundry out- I hope it's not currently raining...

That's about it. It's been sort of a long day. The time change is annoying. Especially when you have a 13yo with sleep issues who insists on keeping the latest bedtime possible.