Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Menu Thread November 4-10

Default Menu Thread November 4-10

Made a big pot of hot and sour soup before church, and along with the yeast rolls I made yesterday that was Sunday dinner. At five thirty we are going to the church we visited this morning for a church supper.
    Wife to Darrell, mom to John, Patrick, DJ and Ryan, Stepgrandmom of 5, grandmother to Adam, Harper, and Alexander. Done homeschooling but not done learning!

Taco soup
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 20yo ds, 17yo ds

Mexican casserole (Mexican lasagna) tonight.

Merrilee, I hope you settle in quickly to a church you really like!
    "Ree-bee," Mom to former United States Marine ds and math teacher DIL * artist dd 20 * motion-loving ds 17 * piano-playing ds 12
    "For Miss Minnie loved children and she loved books, and she taught merely by introducing the one to the other." from "A Consent," by Wendell Berry

We're having chicken and potatoes with gravy, squash and apple bake and some other type of veggies - maybe green beans.
    Sunshine - mom to 4dc - dd11, ds9 1/2, ds8 and ds6 1/2.

I don't have any food to post, Merrilee, but have been wondering how your move to Kansas went? Are you getting used to your new town? We go there every year for the bluegrass festival, so I hope you like bluegrass music! (cuz it kind of takes over the town!) Maybe we can look you up sometime! Welcome to The Sunflower State! Hope all is going well.
    Livin' on the prairie with special husband and wonderful young lady! (7/00)

Shelly I was soooo disappointed that we didn't make our move in time for the festival, but the bathroom wasn't done. I would love to meet up sometime, and so far we are loving Winfield! Tonight we were back at church for a spaghetti feed fundraiser for youth camp.
    Wife to Darrell, mom to John, Patrick, DJ and Ryan, Stepgrandmom of 5, grandmother to Adam, Harper, and Alexander. Done homeschooling but not done learning!

I think it's going to be taco night here. I need to make something before I head out to my tutoring sessions this evening, and that will work well.
    Anjie, mom to Laura (22) and Erin (19)
    "Who will I be today: a fool or a teachable sinner?" - Charlie Peacock

We're having leftovers as it is Awana night.
    Sunshine - mom to 4dc - dd11, ds9 1/2, ds8 and ds6 1/2.

Had burgers from Braum's for dinner; they have a five for five deal.

I don't remember the entire week's food

Last night, we had leftover chicken/veggie soup from Sat. night

Tonight, I made "stuff," which is browned hamburger mixed with onions, celery, potatoes, carrots, and cream of mushroom soup. I serve it over rice and/or cauliflower rice. We're having green beans and biscuits with it!
    YUM -- it's been a COLD, wet day here, and this is a yummy, warm, comfort food
    (and it's one of Cale's favorites, so he's super excited!)
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)