Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Menu Thread November 4-10

Monday - broccoli, chicken & rice casserole
    Tuesday - had a moms night out in a bigger city - we ate at Texas Roadhouse. The guys had tacos
    Wednesday - biscuits & sausage gravy
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 20yo ds, 17yo ds

Paige, "stuff" sounds good!

This week is SO busy - I have something going on M, W, F evenings and that is stressing me out a bit. But tonight I'm at home and I'm going to put chicken in the crockpot before noon, and serve it with rice and roasted Brussels sprouts and carrots.
    "Ree-bee," Mom to former United States Marine ds and math teacher DIL * artist dd 20 * motion-loving ds 17 * piano-playing ds 12
    "For Miss Minnie loved children and she loved books, and she taught merely by introducing the one to the other." from "A Consent," by Wendell Berry

Last night was taco night, tonight is French dip for the men and Vietnamese vegetarian bahn mai sandwich for me.
    Wife to Darrell, mom to John, Patrick, DJ and Ryan, Stepgrandmom of 5, grandmother to Adam, Harper, and Alexander. Done homeschooling but not done learning!

Tonight we're having homemade pizza and we'll eat the leftovers when we get home right at suppertime tomorrow night.
    Sunshine - mom to 4dc - dd11, ds9 1/2, ds8 and ds6 1/2.

Tonight is taco night

Rebe -- stuff is YUMMY! Definitely comfort food. It is one of Cale's absolute favorites (but not one of dh's favorites ). I usually just brown the meat and then dump all ingredients (plus salt and pepper) in the crockpot or IP (and add a can of water) (cook about 30/35 minutes in the IP). Super easy! Well, cutting veggies takes time, but it's not hard in reality when it comes to food prep.
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

Tonight is cheeseburger and tator tots
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.

I think I'll make creamed chicken tonight, with mashed potatoes to pour it over. It's a chilly, rainy day here, and that sounds like good comfort food to me. DH just called to say that he had to work late, so I'll delay starting it a bit.
    Anjie, mom to Laura (22) and Erin (19)
    "Who will I be today: a fool or a teachable sinner?" - Charlie Peacock

I took the leftover beef from the French dip and made roast beef hash along with broccoli.
    Wife to Darrell, mom to John, Patrick, DJ and Ryan, Stepgrandmom of 5, grandmother to Adam, Harper, and Alexander. Done homeschooling but not done learning!

Friday night was chili cheese potatoes.

My potatoes were small so I fixed them, tossed with little bit of oil & seasoned salt & baked.

Tonight was pizza night, homemade. I used my sourdough discard to make the crust, and Ryan pronounced it the best ever.