Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Monday DECLUTTERING

Default Monday DECLUTTERING

This Week's Challenge: Stubborn places- let's make an impact on areas that are trouble spots in our homes! Tell us what you do this week!

School Challenge: Reading challenge- bring out new books and hear about old ones!

Inspiring Thought: Today I'm going to leave you with some inspiring videos from my post 100 Awesome Educational Videos for Homeschooling High School.

For me today:
    • PTE
    • school
    • school planning
    • clean the microwave
    • dinner prep for life group
    • tidy the first floor
    • errands
    • studio time
    • blog work
    • group email
    • life group
    • co-op night

I have to run, but I'll be back!

Have a fabulous day!
    Last edited by Heather W; 11-05-2018 at 10:55 AM. Reason: added a link!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Good morning! I feel much more human today I slept SO poorly Saturday night (we were in the trailer, Cale slept walked 3x, dogs were barking ….). Add that to the time change and the EARLY darkness, and I was dragging by 7 last night I was in bed, lights off, by 9 last night. Slept til 6 this morning, and I feel so much better! Amazing what a good night's sleep will do for one!

SHAY -- yikes on the power loss! I've been to WM before when they've lost power and they have nothing in the freezer/fridge section. It's a strange sight to behold!

Heather -- glad R was able to be at home so much last week! Isn't she planning to live at home next year?

Here:
    * Jim did decide to take the day off today even though our camping trip was shortened He's maxed out on time off right now, so he would just be losing days (and will still probably lose a day or two before Thanksgiving).
    * We decided we'd go visit his Mama this morning -- we haven't seen her in a while, and we need to go before Thanksgiving (we'll see her on our way home from GA after T-giving, but that's too much time to not get in a visit beforehand).
    * kids are all still sleeping
    * I'm supposed to go to the dentist at 2 this afternoon -- my temporary crown came off Thursday. They talked me through re-attaching it with toothpaste. But he wants to check it out before we get the permanent crown on there -- not sure if there are other issues or not I'm having some sensitivity. Ack! I pray it's all going to be okay!!!
    * I'm sure we'll hit a bit of school this afternoon -- K has some college stuff to do, M has an essay to write, and the boys can at least watch history. Minimal, but that's okay. I told them we wouldn't do school with Jim home, but we might squeeze in a bit
    * I have loads of laundry from the weekend -- lots of smoky smelling clothes and blankets from the campfire

Nothing else major today. It'll be nice to take a day

Hope ya'll have a Fabulous Monday!
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

Good Morning.
    This morning began with heavy rain and two of my children rough-housing and putting a large hole through the drywall of a bedroom, after both parents had asked them to stop.
    It definitely feels like Monday.

I am trying to regroup and start school soon. I would really like to get a full, solid week of school in this week!

so far:
    Bible reading
    yelled at kids.
    looked over stuff for the week.

up next:
    eat breakfast (everyone else already did)
    fill out school lists
    get school started

also:
    laundry
    meal planning that I didn't do this weekend
    vacuum
    Loving, learning, and living in central VA with my adventurous husband of 14 years and our three children.

Good Morning!

For Today:
    Call clinic
    Silas allergist appt
    Get boxes
    Laundry
    Figure out game storage
    Rearrange school cabinet - I had two and now have one
    begin to store away books- I'd like to clear two bookshelves this week
    Mom to Silas (13), Cedric (11), Aria (9) Titus (7)

Look on education as something between the child's soul and God ~ Charlotte Mason

Paige - Glad you got some good sleep!
    praying for all of your dental stuff.

HW - Sounds like a full Monday, I hope it goes well!

Jekka - You have been working so hard - way to go! I hope you continue to make good progress on all of your home projects!
    Loving, learning, and living in central VA with my adventurous husband of 14 years and our three children.

Good morning!

Heather, I'm glad R can come home so easily!

Paige, I'm glad you got some good rest!

We really attacked some stubborn areas this weekend. Dh got several new lamps and hung some more stuff on the wall and we worked on our bedroom some more. Always lots to choose from!

Today's plans:
    *laundry--just finished
    *hall bathroom
    *guest bathroom
    *ds to class
    *Walmart
    *dinner in the crock pot
    *school
    *dd to BizTown interview
    *Sam's--we need more hot chocolate!
    *Spanish
    *4H

Lots of running around, but at least dd's class is not the normal length, just her short interview, so that will be nice!

Have a great day today, friends!

- - - Updated - - -

Angela!

Jekka, where are you storing your books?

I woke up at 4:45, thinking it was time to get people up. It's going to be a long day.

Heather, I saw a fun yarn studio post somewhere this weekend and it made me think of you.

On tap for the day:

-K has a session with her mentor at 10; that's about an hour each way, plus 2 hours for the session, so we'll be back in this neck of the woods at 1 ish.
    -P has an orthodontist appointment at 1:50.
    -Belle heads off to work at 6:45 this morning; DH is already gone. He'll be home late Thursday.

I need to get to Costco today, but it's not likely to happen; realistically my spoons will be all used up by K's session and I will barely crawl home from the orthodontist appointment and have to sleep. But you never know; it could turn out that I have some spare spoons or something.

This is our first Monday night since August that we don't have soccer practice. Our first any night without practice, for that matter. Except for Boyo's end-of-season party tomorrow night, we don't have any club soccer activities now until March. I will miss seeing them play but I will enjoy the break. All four of them are in a "casual" league that plays on Friday nights, but I don't often go to those games, and there are no practices. Those started up this weekend and will run into May, but it's pretty low key.

Anyway... DH and I went sofa shopping for the fam room this weekend. It's necessary to take him shopping for furniture he's going to use because I'm not a good judge of what he needs, due to the 13" difference in our heights. I always think going shopping with him will be fun: We'll get lattes, drive to this store and wander around, drive to that store and check things out. We'll talk, laugh, reconnect. Eventually we'll find what we're looking for. Um, It is unbelievably stressful, and I usually end up with a very unsatisfying shopping experience, a rushed purchase that I regret, and a mound of irritation.

This is pretty funny, because with groceries and clothes, I'm the mission shopper. I know what I want, I get in, get the item, and get out. Thirty minutes max. He is the one who will spend 6-8 hours taking 1 kid to Goodwill to get a pair of jeans and come home with "all the cool stuff." We found a couch that he is pretty sure he likes, a chair we both like, and we are placing our order Wednesday. Hmmm... Also, my vision of a teal couch and bright chair has been replaced with a black couch and a gray chair. My orange rug will now be blue. It will probably be a good look, but it still feels very unsatisfying. Note to self: Shop with K and leave DH at home. She's more fun.

------------------------

Paused to see Belle off. Now it's time to get the kids up and mobile. I think I am going to make some steel cut oats in the IP while I shower. Prob gonna need some carbs today.

Have a great day!

-------------------

You all posted while Belle was heading out, so now I can see what you're up to!

Paige, that crown thing sounds painful.

AR, when we were working in the basement, we had 2 holes to patch, on opposite sides of the room, from Boyo roughhousing. It feels a little weird to know that your kid's head went through a wall, doesn't it?

Jekka, good progress!

Jen, another busy Monday for you!
    Last edited by Robin in Colorado; 11-05-2018 at 09:10 AM.
    Robin, wife for 22 years to a wonderful man, and mama to 20yo Belle; 18yo Kitty; 14yo Princess, and 12yo Boyo.
    Words for 2015 and 2016 and probably forever: Be her.

Robin on the shopping experience. My dh is NOT a shopper. Not at all. Not clothes. Not furniture. For furniture, I usually pick something out, and then he comes and tries it out, and then we get it or pick something different. We did shop for a new mattress at the same time. However, we do typically have similar tastes, so that's good (and, we rarely get new furniture )

Angela Oh my!!! Been there, done that. Well, not with drywall, but with a stick that was propped up to barricade a door. Yep, guess what? With pushing and shoving and slamming doors and trying to force them open, big sticks DO go through doors

Jekka

Jen -- glad ya'll got some things accomplished! That's always a great feeling!
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

Quote Originally Posted by Robin in Colorado View Post
    Anyway... DH and I went sofa shopping for the fam room this weekend. It's necessary to take him shopping for furniture he's going to use because I'm not a good judge of what he needs, due to the 13" difference in our heights. I always think going shopping with him will be fun: We'll get lattes, drive to this store and wander around, drive to that store and check things out. We'll talk, laugh, reconnect. Eventually we'll find what we're looking for. Um, It is unbelievably stressful, and I usually end up with a very unsatisfying shopping experience, a rushed purchase that I regret, and a mound of irritation.
    Oh. My. Goodness! Story of my and dh's shopping life! I WANT it to be all Hallmark movie-esque and it's more Mystery Science Theater 3000 worthy...

I did wake up at 6:30am as planned, and it lasted 2 minutes. Then Bekah came in at 7am and I was awake, but Josh followed a few minutes later and snuggles and cuddles kept us in bed until 7:30am.

Today's list:
    -barn chores done
    -house chores, eh, kinda done. Kitchen needs work, but dishwashers are going with first loads
    -laundry is going, our barn overalls. It's going to be a long cycle!
    -Bekah is started school
    -I need to gather the Js
    -need to email processor about turkey
    -meal plan for the day, and possibly the week. Pull some meat out of freezer for next few days
    -play rehearsal, and I have a date with a friend to sit in our cars and talk and laugh and NOT get shushed from the grumpy asst director
    -dinner
    -evening chores
    -bedtime, hopefully reasonable since we will have electricity! It came back on late last night. Woohoo! Kids don't sleep well when it's out and that confuses me. If they would close their eyes and sleep, they wouldn't see the darkness!

Was going through the answer machines today because it was full and my mom's voice came out to say Hi! So now I'm all tear-streaked and need to wash my face and blow my nose, again. Almost 2 months... I know it will get easier, but man, sometimes it just sucks. I never thought I would have this much trouble with it. Of course, I didn't think too much about it because she was young and I figured I had another 10 years at least. My maternal Memere lived until 81 after breast cancer in her 40s, a double mastectomy and then bone cancer the last several years of her life. I figured the genes were good. Okay, sorry. Obviously still just processing sometimes...
    Shay, wife to Rod and mom to Nathaniel(23), Benjamin(20), Nicholas(18), Rebekah(16), Julianne(11), Jonathan(8)and Joshua(4)

Paige, we rarely get new furniture either. That's why I'm so particular about this.

The only furniture that we have ever owned that we bought new is our dressers (22+ years old and worn out and ugly), and the previous furniture we had in the family room - a couch and a loveseat and a chair. However, we bought that stuff at a discount store 9 years ago. It was cheap and ugly, but we believed it would hold up to our young children. We were wrong; the wood in the couch and loveseat began breaking and having to be repaired after only 3 years.

Now that I'm a grown up and my kids are almost grown, I would like to have furniture that is comfortable and, dare I say, attractive. We have had to go back to a blank slate with this family room because of the plumbing. I have worked hard on this space for months (as y'all know ) and don't feel like we have to go out and fill it with the first stuff we find. But DH is desperate to get every. last. bit. of the room dealt with immediately, regardless. His motivation is that he wants to watch football (our only tv is in that room). I totally don't see why he can't sit in the new chair that we both agree on and watch the dang games. BTW, K is in total agreement with him. This time of year, it's all about football. Sometimes I laugh at that and sometimes not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ShayChristie View Post
    Oh. My. Goodness! Story of my and dh's shopping life! I WANT it to be all Hallmark movie-esque and it's more Mystery Science Theater 3000 worthy...
    This made me laugh! I am not alone!

Quote Originally Posted by ShayChristie View Post
    Was going through the answer machines today because it was full and my mom's voice came out to say Hi! So now I'm all tear-streaked and need to wash my face and blow my nose, again. Almost 2 months... I know it will get easier, but man, sometimes it just sucks. I never thought I would have this much trouble with it. Of course, I didn't think too much about it because she was young and I figured I had another 10 years at least. My maternal Memere lived until 81 after breast cancer in her 40s, a double mastectomy and then bone cancer the last several years of her life. I figured the genes were good. Okay, sorry. Obviously still just processing sometimes...
    Shay, I am so sorry. It is very, very hard. I also thought I'd have my parents so much longer than I did. Friday was 8 years since I lost Daddy, and I still can't talk about it. Process it like you need to. (((Shay)))
    Robin, wife for 22 years to a wonderful man, and mama to 20yo Belle; 18yo Kitty; 14yo Princess, and 12yo Boyo.
    Words for 2015 and 2016 and probably forever: Be her.