Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Monday DECLUTTERING

Heather - glad R can come home and work and decompress

Paige - YAY for good night sleep! Hope the dentist goes well

Robin - sorry about the furniture shopping. Hope the couch and chair work out for you and make you happy in the end. We don't do furniture shopping. Someone moves and giving away furniture is usually how we acquire stuff. Yeah nothing in my house matches

Angela - I am so sorry! Hope your Monday changes course and gets better

Jekka - storing books...is this in your new house?

Jen - YAY for getting stuff done!! We got hot chocolate last weekend at Sams

Today:
    • laundry - towels
    • get food into freezer
    • pull a turkey out to thaw??
    • load clothes into car - give away stuff
    • bank
    • library - meet friends to give clothes away & return overdue books
    • paperwork
    • clean bathrooms
    • dining room
    • kitchen counter
    • photo work

Ds2 just went to pull out the other box of clothes, but he says there isn't one I don't know if I moved them upstairs or if I just thought I had another box

I also took another bag of trash out to the overflowing can

We are suppose to get storms this evening/tonight.

Didn't sleep good last night so I am moving slow this morning. But it is time to get moving.
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 20yo ds, 17yo ds

Paige- I hope you are on the mend and everyone enjoys their Monday! Have fun with your dh home. Great decision to take the day anyway.

Jekka
    - Way to go on getting house things moving.

Michelle- Are you roasting turkey already?

Robin- I'm the same way about shopping with my husband. Sometimes he likes it. It depends on what it is. I go to Lowe's with him sometimes to smell home improvement. You know when you walk out that store something amazing is going to happen at home.

Shay- I'm sorry. Can you keep the message? My dad being gone hits me like a brick some days. Thankfully, the feeling doesn't last long, but it's sad. My dad was the best! But, the fact is we didn't see him often the last 20 years. They were always on the go and not committing to getting together. So, I don't think about it a lot but then I realize wait...he's gone! Sigh.

AR- E put his head through a wall at my parent's cabin one time. It might have still been there behind a piece of furniture! Maybe one day this will be a story you can laugh at. So, I have to admit I giggled when I read your list and directly after reading your Bible came yelling at your kids. Sorry! I hope your Monday improves!

Jen- You must have a huge stack of crock pot recipes!

So far:
    • made a lunch and did the work drop
    • shared around my new post- with my new key word
    • art store- for tracing paper and I wanted to use my 60% coupon on some inktense pencils, but they didn't have any of the 12 packs. I resisted the strong urge to get 24 instead. For now.
    • had trash can brought back to its spot near the garage
    • had kitchen recycling taken to the garage
    • had dishwasher emptied
    • started tidying up the kitchen
    • discussed videos with I- who requested more and I show him my post and that I had added a bunch to the watch list in our Prime account.

I'm going to finish doing school with the boys and head to my studio to work. I hope I don't need any ingredients for the soup tonight.

The weather is blustery today. The leaves are gorgeous, but I don't think we'll have any left after today. Then it really will be November!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Shay Sending love. Those unexpected moments are never easy.

Michelle: I have had so many overdue books lately! The library must love my support. I hope you get yours returned today.

Robin: If my Dh picks out a couch (and he always does) I promise you it will be dark brown leather. I would love a black couch and grey chair (two of my very favorite colors). It will look very nice, and those colors Make it easy to add bright pops of color. Maybe you can take K out with you for some accent color pops - orange vases, bright teal end tables...

Paige: I always feel that way after camping. I love camping, but nothing is more luxurious than an early night in your own bed afterwards.

Angela: Sorry about the drywall! Some days are just like that - I hope they calm down, though.

So Far:
    Got the school cabinet cleaned out - it will be easy to get everything in one spot now that i see it all.
    took shower
    got kids up/ fed
    Did some education type things

Home Construction
    Did some taping/ mudding with Dh, he had to run to the store, so we only did about an hour

Note: I'm just packing everything in boxes because we won't be ready to move until after Thanksgiving for sure, and that's the big holiday where all my siblings come here to my parents house. We spend the week together doing Thanksgiving and Christmas with them all. I want to make this area family neutral, so everyone feels like it's welcoming. So far, the boxes are just in a pile in the livingroom, but we will try to get one room sanded and painted in the next week and move storage there before the holiday. That's the short term goal. My normal storage places here can get mice and are not where I want to put books or games.
    Mom to Silas (13), Cedric (11), Aria (9) Titus (7)

Look on education as something between the child's soul and God ~ Charlotte Mason

Checking in...

*cleaned the guest bathroom
    *dd cleaned the hall bathroom
    *dropped ds at his class
    *Walmart
    *picked ds up
    *dinner in crock pot
    *school going
    *printed off a sample ballot and went over it with the kids
    *fed kids again

Shay

Michelle, was it the big Land o' Lakes pack? My kids love those. They are excited.

I'm cracking up at all the furniture shopping comments. My dh is very particular, so it works best if he will pick out some things and I choose from that. I will almost always like or at least be okay with what he picks but he will almost never be okay with what I pick. Poor guy had a vintage art deco bed he really didn't like for the first 9 years of our marriage, but he was a good sport about it. We have basically gotten new furniture everywhere when we have moved which is not as fun as it sounds because a) it's uber expensive, b) you have nowhere to put your stuff until you've gotten the furniture, c) you can only look at furniture so much until you can't stand it, and d) everything comes with an obscene amount of styrofoam and other annoying packing material around it. That being said, we have had very good experiences with Pier 1. They're fairly stylish, not super expensive, and you can work their sales and coupons and get some good deals. They literally greet my husband my name when we walk in now. It has also worked well for us because they are across the parking lot from my dad's office so we have items shipped to the store for free and then he picks them up for us with his truck. I think all we need to buy now is guest room furniture, but that will require me to get a bunch of junk out of the guest room, so I'm not in a big hurry for that. Ahem.

Jen -- it was just a big container of swiss miss?? I empty some from the big jug into a short square mason jar I have and leave that out. The Land o Lakes looks good though

Heather -- I am thinking about roasting a turkey, deboning and putting in freezer bags for quick meals (stews, casseroles, quesadillas etc)

Jekka -- good plan on boxing stuff up. Enjoy family time!!

So far:
    • morning stuff
    • load towels
    • got chicken in bags in freezer
    • wiped out back fridge -- why was there grass/hay pieces in fridge??
    • found all boxes of clothes
    • gathered recycling & overdue books & stray reusable bags
    • ds2 loaded car
    • recycling center & bank drive thru
    • library - returned books & let mama's go through the clothes
    • mc d's for a coke and talking with friends
    • dropped clothes no one wanted at goodwill
    • decided on supper
    • cleaned both bathrooms

That is 1 big box and 2 medium boxes of clothes gone Made me happy and a couple other moms happy.
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 20yo ds, 17yo ds

K and I got home from her session. She's doing great. It is a little weird to me that she's making a plague doctor's mask, but... P will have her next orthodontist appointment in January, and 2 weeks later will get her braces off.

I have accomplished making one of my three soup recipes. I really need to go to Costco, but am feeling a bit of a spoon shortage.
    Robin, wife for 22 years to a wonderful man, and mama to 20yo Belle; 18yo Kitty; 14yo Princess, and 12yo Boyo.
    Words for 2015 and 2016 and probably forever: Be her.

Michelle, the Land o Lakes is what we usually get but I couldn't find it at Sam's today so I ordered it from Amazon. I probably paid more than at Sam's, but if I had gone to another Sam's to look I figure I would spend more on other random items!

The rolls are cooking and then we'll eat. The only things left on my list are going to 4H and finishing up the sample ballot for dh. I am feeling crummy and am going to head to bed as soon as I can when we get home tonight!

ladies! I had a busy weekend. Saturday Addie wanted to go to her old school’s fall festival, I had a lunch with the worship team to say goodbye to a member that is moving back to his country, and I planted flowers in the patio planters. Then Sunday we had church, I drove people home and we had 2 students over for a late lunch. Monday I had piano lessons, grocery shopping and school with kids. Dh is also working on installing the dishwasher, but it seems to be mildewy and is triggering my allergies. Yikes!

My plans for today:
    -Algebra with W
    -Biology with W
    -History with everyone
    -Grammar with everyone
    -English with W
    -Math with A
    -Phonics with A
    -Math with H
    -Phonics with H
    -take dd to art lessons
    -sweep
    -laundry
    -call my BFF
    -go for a walk

Heather, I’ll have to check out the videos. Wesley often learns best with videos &/or hands on projects.
    Angela, sorry about the rough start to your day!
    Paige, hooray for a good night’s sleep!
    Jekka, it sounds like some serious organizing is going on at your house.
    Jen, good work on those stubborn areas! I hope you feel better!
    Robin, I hope you end up loving your new furniture
    Shay, :hugs:
    Michelle, I hope the storms aren’t too loud and that you can get a good night’s sleep!
    Lindsey Carter
    Wife to Chris for 19 years and Mom to Wesley 15, Adelaide 14 and Hudson 11

I just got home, S allergist appt was an hour away, so we left at 2 - and were at the clinic from 3 to 5:30 until after it closed then got a quick bite to eat and picked up milk on the way home. The Dr. actually made us leave to set up our next appts with the receptionist because she was leaving. Then we had to come back for another 15 minutes. The only day she had free to do everything he wanted was the day after Christmas or New Years Eve. I took after Christmas. Sometimes I wonder if all this is necessary, but I do want S taken care of and able to function like a normal person, so I guess it really is. I am actually veryimpressed with this allergist and think after I figure out S I'm going to get Titus a referral for him. I think he really does have some of the same issues.
    Mom to Silas (13), Cedric (11), Aria (9) Titus (7)

Look on education as something between the child's soul and God ~ Charlotte Mason

Good evening, everyone!

It's been sort of a long day...

Update:
    • finished up school
    • worked on my high school landing page
    • updated a popular post- to have extra links, etc
    • put away a few things in my studio
    • made dinner- easy prep but a lot of it
    • cleaned the kitchen
    • cleaned the powder room
    • dropped R back on campus- she took the bus home to enjoy the pie she made last night
    • picked up dh
    • folded a load of laundry-earlier in the afternoon
    • welcomed life group
    • did the opening and prayer plus announcements at Co-op Night
    • cut two heads of hair
    • cleaned up the hair stuff
    • vacuumed the upstairs- and shook out the bathroom rug

I'm going to do the sleep hygiene routine with J and then work on some PTE before turning in.

Have a great night!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).